Time for a Change | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Time for a Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Posted this after a horrible loss last year. Read through everyone's comments. Other than the D, which is obviously playing much better, not much has changed in a year...except for the level of fan apathy

So except for the thing you were wrong about, you were right? Is that equivalent to "if I hadn't shanked my tee shot and lost my ball, I would have had a par?"

Reaction Score
I am not at all against the sentiment here regarding Pasqualoni, but I do find it very hard to compare him disfavorably to Edsall at Maryland. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't this poorly coached team beat Maryland at Maryland just recently?

Reaction Score
I am not at all against the sentiment here regarding Pasqualoni, but I do find it very hard to compare him disfavorably to Edsall at Maryland. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't this poorly coached team beat Maryland at Maryland just recently?

That's past tense. It looks to me like Maryland is improving, which is what is supposed to happen.

With Pasqualoni we are not improving, at best we are breaking even.

Reaction Score
That's past tense. It looks to me like Maryland is improving, which is what is supposed to happen.

With Pasqualoni we are not improving, at best we are breaking even.
We will better be able to judge at the end of the season to see how much improving MD is doing. UMD fans in general are about as sick of him as we are of Pasqualoni. They just beat a bad Wake team by 5, who had 5 players suspended. It is amazing how much peoples opinion of a coach can be swayed by one win.

P is looking like a disaster, that much cannot be debated.

Reaction Score
We will better be able to judge at the end of the season to see how much improving MD is doing. UMD fans in general are about as sick of him as we are of Pasqualoni. They just beat a bad Wake team by 5, who had 5 players suspended. It is amazing how much peoples opinion of a coach can be swayed by one win.

P is looking like a disaster, that much cannot be debated.

I check the Maryland board once a week. I haven't looked at it since the Wake win, I am not sure that it is a good barometer of fan perceptions, but it seems like they were encouraged by how they did against WVU. They also have a Freshman QB who has thrown for 300 yards in a game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Pasqualoni's hire reminds me of when PC brought back Joe Mullaney. Like P, a successful coach back in the day. Also like P, the encore was a disaster. I hope it doesn't take us 4 years to realize it.

Reaction Score
The Red Sox were smart enought to shitcan Bobby Valentine.

Pasqualoni is Hathaway's Revenge. Actually that almost gives Hathaway credit for actually thinking strategically so maybe that isn't a good moniker.

I think it would be cheaper for us to fire Pasqualoni now rather than later.

Reaction Score
All of the criticism of the post as premature was dead on. Teams look bad, disorganized, lost, etc. in the first year of a coaching administration all the time. The issues that were obvious to all of us (general disorganization, disintegrating OL play, poor communication) haven't been fixed. There is enough evidence now to make a judgment.

Reaction Score
Pasqualoni's hire reminds me of when PC brought back Joe Mullaney. Like P, a successful coach back in the day. Also like P, the encore was a disaster. I hope it doesn't take us 4 years to realize it.

Good example. Hope it takes no longer than the end of the season. Bad hire, worse to stubbornly keep in place.

Reaction Score
All of the criticism of the post as premature was dead on. Teams look bad, disorganized, lost, etc. in the first year of a coaching administration all the time. The issues that were obvious to all of us (general disorganization, disintegrating OL play, poor communication) haven't been fixed. There is enough evidence now to make a judgment.
While I agree to an extent it seems to me that the problems are almost entirely on 1 side of the ball. The defense, while I don't love everything they do, has played well, looks organized, communicates generally well...all the things that don't happen on the offense. it will be an interesting question whether this can be fixed with a new offensive coordinator if that's the way UConn decides to go. Fact is that there is only a small chance that a new guy would keep the defensive staff intact I think.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
While I agree to an extent it seems to me that the problems are almost entirely on 1 side of the ball. The defense, while I don't love everything they do, has played well, looks organized, communicates generally well...all the things that don't happen on the offense. it will be an interesting question whether this can be fixed with a new offensive coordinator if that's the way UConn decides to go. Fact is that there is only a small chance that a new guy would keep the defensive staff intact I think.

I should have added that I had more confidence in Coach Brown from the beginning last year given his much more recent and consistent history of success. In any event, the improvement is proof that making a decision in year one is premature 99.9% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom