Tim Boyle | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tim Boyle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Love how Boyle doesn't want to go to BC because his style doesn't fit with Addazio's spread system, but he is willing to go to Oregon which has mastered the running QB spread system. Until now Oregon did not even offer or recruit a pro-style QB. As for Pitt, they have a 4-star dual threat QB signed an on campus. He will likely dictate their offensive philosophy if he is even close to what the expect.

Reaction Score
Funny how the JUCO kid that Oregon is going after is Tanner McEvoy, a NJ QB who went to South Carolina and got kicked out after an arrest. McEvoy is deciding between WVU and Oregon, but got some late interest from Wisconsin and BCU. The question will be whether McEvoy wants to go closer to home at WVU or stay out west fore Nike U.

The Oregon QB situation is interesting. Mariota came in as a RS freshman and was great. They have a couple of backups with decent pedigree, but I don't see where McEvoy with 3 to play 3 fits in with Mariota having the helm for at least the next 2 years assuming he may go to the NFL after his jr. year. Oregon is not a bad situation for Boyle, however it would be 2-3 years before he could get a sniff of the field and Oregon will certainly be getting some strong QB recruits in ensuing classes. Always the chance of getting recruited over when you are a late signee to fill a blank on the depth chart. It is a tough call to go across the country, but a glamour of Oregon may be too much to pass up.

Reaction Score
He'll be holding a clipboard at Oregon. Maybe not his fault but the system may even dictate a change of position.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
a lot of movement happening right now. oregon offered the utah st qb verbal. the juco kid they had eyes on now is smelling florida as they want a juco qb to come in and challenge for the job asap in gator country. oregon may flip that usu kid and get what they want. it makes boyles situation even more crazy.

Reaction Score
http://blogs.post-gazette.com/sport...758-counting-down-to-signing-day-quarterbacks

"As for Boyle, he originally committed to Boston College under former coach Frank Spaziani, and is rethinking things after the hiring of Steve Addazio, who brought in a third quarterback recruit when he took the job. Boyle was originally very high on Pitt, according to his coach, Sean Marinan, and if the Panthers have an open spot, Boyle would strongly consider it. He also said Boyle would try to make it out on a visit this week, but wasn’t sure. I think some other targets would have to fall through for Pitt to find a spot for Boyle, but it’s at least worth paying attention to."

Reaction Score
Boyle will be on campus today, where ever he ends up, I don't think it will be BC, he really doesn't like their new offense.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I do think he prefers to stay closer to home though. Part of the reason he picked BC over Florida in the first place. I like UConn chances as much as any school after him right now.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
anyone got anything? did he visit today? twitter ppl get on this!!!!

Reaction Score
That was a good article, I think we have a good shot here, Oregon's offense needs a mobile qb and Pitt has no room. If he wants to go to a passing offense, then it's uconn. The timing really helps us.

Why doesn't Pitt have room? They lose Sunsari who is the senior. They will leave them Savage (Jr - no game action), Anderson (So who is 14-35 108 yds over two yrs), and Voytik (Fr who redshirted so no game action). They have early enrolle Chapman on Campus. Looks like they have room for a frosh - no?

Reaction Score
Why doesn't Pitt have room? They lose Sunsari who is the senior. They will leave them Savage (Jr - no game action), Anderson (So who is 14-35 108 yds over two yrs), and Voytik (Fr who redshirted so no game action). They have early enrolle Chapman on Campus. Looks like they have room for a frosh - no?
I took it as they don't have any scholarships left. Or if they do not for a QB.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

Chapman is a four star dual threat quarterback and that is the offense Pitt will run. Just like Wisconsin did under Chryst.

Reaction Score

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
guys go support him ont twitter!!!!

let him know we would love to have him on board but that we also understand what hes having to go thru so late in the process. we support our ct athletes no matter what! hopefully he picks the huskies and reps the state u on his chest, but no matter where he ends up signing he will have a great fball career.

Reaction Score
Jim Fuller (@NHRJimFuller)
1/30/13, 11:16 PM
Xavier QB Tim Boyle said he will pick between #UConn, Pitt and BC per the Middletown Press

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2013/01/boyle-will-choose-between-uconn-bc-and.html?m=1

My gut tells me this goes past next Wednesday...

As a dad of a high school junior I can't help but feel for what these kids go through with coaching changes. Great life lesson but still is a lot for them to absorb.
middletownpress.com

Reaction Score
Ugh... I wouldn't feel comfortable contacting kids. He can read the board n know he's wanted. He should really listen to what Addazio is telling him. "You don't fit into what were trying to do".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom