OT: - TIGER! TIGER!! TIGER!!! | The Boneyard

OT: TIGER! TIGER!! TIGER!!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Will those Buick Ads come back?

Buick is the one car to have when you're having more than one, big wink, screen fade. I think that would work don't you?

Last edited:

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
He definitely has a following, although I don't understand fans following a sports figure that ignores and disses them. I give him credit for what he has accomplished and he certainly had his day. However, I turned it off when it became apparent that he would win. I wish him no harm, but if he never wins another, it will be too soon.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If Tiger wins which seems highly probable and Justin Rose is out of the top 5, he is tied for 6, I think Woods wins the Fedex Cup whish is 10 Million $. Am I correct?

Edit. They say Rose win's the Fedex Cup by some tabulation too complex to follow.

I am not looking forward to the deluge of Golf Talk tonight / tomorrow however. :(

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Whatever his obvious faults, Tiger was good for golf the way UConn women’s hoops are good for the sport. Casual fans pay attention and Tiger is one of a handful of golfers who routinely drew and excited an audience, paralleled perhaps only by Arnold Palmer despite that fact that he lacks Palmer’s charm.

Nicklaus is the greatest ever possibly only because Tiger screwed up. He has himself to blame for his fall from grace compounded by back problems. It cost him several prime years.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Whatever you may think of Tiger as a person, there is no doubt that his impact on golf over the past 25 years has been significant.

His win today at the Tour Championship (Tiger’s 1st in over 5 years), at the age of 42, after undergoing 4 back surgeries, is absolutely extraordinary.

Reaction Score
Whatever you may think of Tiger as a person, there is no doubt that his impact on golf over the past 25 years has been significant.

His win today at the Tour Championship (Tiger’s 1st in over 5 years), at the age of 42, after undergoing 4 back surgeries, is absolutely extraordinary.
And he absolutely played better than almost everyone today. Vintage.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If Tiger wins which seems highly probable and Justin Rose is out of the top 5, he is tied for 6, I think Woods wins the Fedex Cup whish is 10 Million $. Am I correct?

Edit. They say Rose win's the Fedex Cup by some tabulation too complex to follow.

I am not looking forward to the deluge of Golf Talk tonight / tomorrow however. :(

Basically, if Rose had missed his birdie putt on 18, Woods would have won the Cup.

That putt was worth $10,000,000 for Rose.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
tiger-woods-wins-tour-championship-pga-tour-ryder-cup.jpg

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
With considerable naivety...I hope that Tiger has learned some lessons off the course.
My sense is that he may [?] have. He seems to be much more open to his peers on the tour...based on what they are saying and doing.
There was acknowledgment that his asst. captaincy [volunteered for that role] in the 2016 Ryder Cup was genuinely helpful to the team.

Long ago a very good tour pro Frank Beard said that for every dollar he won he thanked Arnold Palmer for 25 cents due to Arnie's impact on the tour.
There has been a similar impact for Tiger on purses etc. If he is successful going forward that is very very good for the game

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am definitely impressed with how far Tiger has come back from injury and other issues and hope he claims one or more ,majors in the future. I think he has overcome so much and he appreciates it so much more. Still, I was a little surprised when no one on the final round offered any real competition and they were perhaps psyched out by the moment.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
With considerable naivety...I hope that Tiger has learned some lessons off the course.
My sense is that he may [?] have. He seems to be much more open to his peers on the tour...based on what they are saying and doing.
There was acknowledgment that his asst. captaincy [volunteered for that role] in the 2016 Ryder Cup was genuinely helpful to the team.

Long ago a very good tour pro Frank Beard said that for every dollar he win he thanked Arnold Palmer for 25 cents due to Arnie's impact on the tour.
There has been a similar impact for Tiger on purses etc. If he is successful going forward that is very very good for the game

Very difficult to say how much $$ impact Tiger has had, but it sure would seem like it's been a lot. I'm a big Nicklaus fan from my earliest playing days (grade school) but I would acknowledge that Tiger has had a far greater impact on purses and fan-base growth than anyone since Arnie, for sure.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Very difficult to say how much $$ impact Tiger has had, but it sure would seem like it's been a lot. I'm a big Nicklaus fan from my earliest playing days (grade school) but I would acknowledge that Tiger has had a far greater impact on purses and fan-base growth than anyone since Arnie, for sure.
Even Phil says that Tiger helps Phil's bank account.

One of the ESPN articles said that Tiger went head-to-head with the NFL. I don't know what the golf or NFL TV ratings were, but no one draws interest like Tiger Woods. I was at the Valspar event in Tampa in March. Normal attendance was 15,000. This year, it was 25,000. It seemed that all those 10,000 people and more were following Tiger.

I was a Tiger fan before his marital issues became evident. Afterward, I had some reservations. He seems to be far more humble now and appreciative of the fans, doctors, and ability to get out of bed without pain, let alone play golf at a high level. In short, he seems more human, though his golf game seems better than human at times.

Reaction Score
Basically, if Rose had missed his birdie putt on 18, Woods would have won the Cup.

That putt was worth $10,000,000 for Rose.
And he knew it. You could see his relief when it went in.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99