Tiffany Hayes is going to the olympics | The Boneyard

Tiffany Hayes is going to the olympics

Reaction Score
When did Tiff become an Azerbaijani? I don’t get these mercenary players, but I guess it’s a good way to get to the Olympics.

Reaction Score
When did Tiff become an Azerbaijani? I don’t get these mercenary players, but I guess it’s a good way to get to the Olympics.
Tiffany Kiara Hayes is an American-Azerbaijani professional basketball player for the Las Vegas Aces of the Women's National Basketball Association. Hayes played college basketball for the Connecticut Huskies, playing for the 2009 and 2010 NCAA National Champions.

Reaction Score
Hayes became an Azerbaijani citizen in 2015, nearly 10 years ago. She's been competing for them since then and fulfilled all obligations needed to compete including missing part of the WNBA season in 2022 when she was competing for the 3x3 team and now named an Olympian. It looks all of a sudden but it's not, she's been bolstering them for awhile.

Reaction Score
It doesn't bother me as much when I remember that the Olympics is such a corporate event anyway.

Reaction Score
Someone needs to enlighten me. She's American, both her parents are American, no Azerbaijani grandparents. Did she become an Azerbaijan citizen for tax reasons while playing basketball? A very random former Soviet state in the middle of Central Asia to become a citizen of. I'd love to know more.

Reaction Score
Someone needs to enlighten me. She's American, both her parents are American, no Azerbaijani grandparents. Did she become an Azerbaijan citizen for tax reasons while playing basketball? A very random former Soviet state in the middle of Central Asia to become a citizen of. I'd love to know more.
From Wiki:

• Persons with exceptional skill in the arts or culture, science, sport, or technology, whose contributions may be beneficial to the country may naturalize without meeting naturalization requirements; or[12]
  • Persons who the state deems to be of special interest or those who have rendered significant service to the nation may naturalize without meeting other requirements.[17]

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom