Tiffany Hayes first game | The Boneyard

Tiffany Hayes first game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was able to watch last nights Atlanta game on line and was impressed with Tiffany in the second half. She was in for a few minutes in the first half and she was was very agressive. She was I believe the last player off the bench. When the second half started she was the first player off the bench. She ended up playing with Angel and Harding for most of the second half. She had six points, 3 rebounds a couple of nice assists a couple of steals and blocked shots. At one point in the second half she defended Erin Philips and made Erin lose the ball over the half court . Indiana was on fire with threes and beat Atlanta but if Tif continues to play that way I think she will get a chance to start someday as Rebecca and Peck had said at the draft. One of the players commented that her enthusiasm sparked their comeback. They were losing by 17 but cut it to three. I think she really fits in well with this team.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Sounds like our Tiff.... filling up the stat sheet and leading by example!

Reaction Score
And I missed it. :( I tried going to Live Access but it says "Blackout"

Reaction Score
I'm rooting for Tiffany to have a long, successful WNBA career. Glad she had a decent first game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Tiff stuffed the stat sheet in several categories, including 6 fouls. :( Tiff played 19 minutes, the most off the bench and more than starter Armintie Price.

Like Angel, Tiff does not like to lose. She brings a culture of winning and playing hard with her. She could have a very nice season. I hope her foot is 100%.

Reaction Score
Tif did foul out of the game but I one of the fouls was a horrible call at the end and she argued but Lindsay Harding pushed her back. She also ran over Catchings on one of those "out of control" moves. She only had one foolish slap foul. Price played most of her minutes in the first half and when Tif came in for that 3 minutes she impressed the coach and played the second half instead of Price and Keita. For a first game in which she admitted she was nervous, I think she did very well. There was a moment in the second half that Harding during a time out was standing talking with Tif and pointing something out for quite a while with her hands. Tif was listening intently.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Tiff never brought anything less than everything she had, and I expect that to continue.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
If Stricklen were to foul it it would be labeled as not knowing how to play defense.
Yeah, really no need for that. And the board didn't label Stricklen as not knowing how to play defense, she said it herself.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
A guess it's a matter of "Does your house burn up or does your house burn down?" I looked at the box score and saw a player that scored 6 points on 2-8 shooting (25%), she had a steal and a turnover (a wash) , 2 assists and 6 fouls in 19 minutes of play.

If there was an ex UConn player deserving praise it's Houston's 24 point effort against the Lynx.

Reaction Score
A guess it's a matter of "Does your house burn up or does your house burn down?" I looked at the box score and saw a player that scored 6 points on 2-8 shooting (25%), she had a steal and a turnover (a wash) , 2 assists and 6 fouls in 19 minutes of play.

If there was an ex UConn player deserving praise it's Houston's 24 point effort against the Lynx.

Charde did get her praise in another thread. Obviously, it wasn't a Maya Moore like debut. But if a person who was there in person and is able to see all the intangibles that don't show up in the box score is impressed, I'll take their word for it. It was Tiffany's first game as a professional. That's an accomplishment in its own right. No need to put a negative spin on it.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score

Maybe you should read and take into account lanieer's eye witness report before looking for negatives in the box score, and implictly dissing those of us who were happy for Tiff.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Tiff also had 1 or 2 blocks.

Tiff's shooting percentage wasn't great, but she did some other things. She had a respectable first game and showed that she belongs.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

Char Char put on a show early on...

btw I didnt see much praise in the "Diana is out" thread... but its Charde, what do you expect (shrugs).

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I think that Renee Montgomery is going to be big in the future for USA basketball. Her performance against NY looked to be a good one, based on the box score, with 15 points and 6 assists and only 1 turnover.

I was also pleasantly surprised by Prahalis with 12 points and 6 assists, although she had 4 turnovers. The more free-wheeling style of the WNBA may suit her well.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I think that Renee Montgomery is going to be big in the future for USA basketball. Her performance against NY looked to be a good one, based on the box score, with 15 points and 6 assists and only 1 turnover.

I was also pleasantly surprised by Prahalis with 12 points and 6 assists, although she had 4 turnovers. The more free-wheeling style of the WNBA may suit her well.
Sammy P made a few "rookie mistakes" but I agree... she'll be fine in the W (especially in Phx)

Reaction Score

I only posted my comments about Tiffany because I was pleasanty surprised and happy at how well she played. It was not meant as a "diss" against Charde. I also watched that game and thought that Charde with a whole lot of motivation played extremely well. She was on ABC and spoken highly of by the announcers.
Again I noticed that no one had mentioned Tiffany's first game This was a girl that was playing her first WNBA game with the championship team and she did herself well. Not sure what the "house burning" stuff has to do with a very good former UConn player who, if you watched the game, would have been really pleased with in the second half as she motivated her team to try to claw back. Congrats Charde but also congrats Tiffany for a nice beginnng to your career and hopefully you will only get better.

Reaction Score
I only posted my comments about Tiffany because I was pleasanty surprised and happy at how well she played. It was not meant as a "diss" against Charde. I also watched that game and thought that Charde with a whole lot of motivation played extremely well. She was on ABC and spoken highly of by the announcers.
Again I noticed that no one had mentioned Tiffany's first game This was a girl that was playing her first WNBA game with the championship team and she did herself well. Not sure what the "house burning" stuff has to do with a very good former UConn player who, if you watched the game, would have been really pleased with in the second half as she motivated her team to try to claw back. Congrats Charde but also congrats Tiffany for a nice beginnng to your career and hopefully you will only get better.

As someone who doesnt watch the W much, your comments were appreciated. Always happy to read analysis from anyone who happened to watch a game.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score

The "house burning up/down" was intended to illustrate how different people can look at the same event and come away with entirely different impressions. I didn't see the game so I'll take your word about the "intangibles" but what I saw from hte box score was a player that shot poorly and fouled out in her first game as a pro.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
you should mind your business and stop telling others to lower their expectations

Mind my business? Was that a private conversation?

I said "maybe" you should lower your expectations. MAYBE. It was a suggestion. I'm sure that is a difficult concept to understand.

Ironic, after you were basically telling others they should post more about Charde and do that every time that topic comes up.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Stop it, you two, just stop. Geez, I get on the board to get away from my kids' squabbling and here it is again. Take it to PM if you need to carp at each other.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
The "house burning up/down" was intended to illustrate how different people can look at the same event and come away with entirely different impressions. I didn't see the game so I'll take your word about the "intangibles" but what I saw from hte box score was a player that shot poorly and fouled out in her first game as a pro.

I saw a nervous new professional with a broken nose trying her hardest. So, I guess my glass is half-full, and yours is half-empty with a crack in it.

Give the kid a break.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Stop it, you two, just stop. Geez, I get on the board to get away from my kids' squabbling and here it is again. Take it to PM if you need to carp at each other.

Once again I find myself apologizing to the board.

While I don't appreciate beig told to mind my own business, I could have refrained from my snarky response.

As always, I'll strive to do better.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Do you really think that your only kids are the ones living under your roof? :D

We should have a "No Carping Tuesday."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member