Ticket thing driving me CRAZY!! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Ticket thing driving me CRAZY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What a bunch of jack---s Ct fans are if their arrogance suggests that UConn FB has an entitlement to play ONLY the best teams in the best conferences. I guess both the fans and team will be far from earning any national respect. I hate to hear commentary from the sportscasters tomorrow.

The Ct resident fans' lack of support of the program will only enhance the negative national perception of UConn being an irrelevant play in CFB.

This is really pretty ironic. Accusing Connecticut fans at large of feeling entitled when it's people like you who feel entitled to a capacity crowd when the team has accomplished exactly zero things since they walked off the field at the fiesta bowl.

I love UConn football. I almost love it as much as our basketball because despite how frustrating they are so much of the time, there's flashes of brilliance that show us what could be in the future. Which is exactly the same as our fan base. Michigan last year was a magical environment. RG3 said (still somewhat unbelievably) that the Rent was the loudest place he ever played. But you want the crowd to be like that every game when the team hasn't pulled its weight to help create that kind of crowd.

By all means, keep pushing UConn football to anyone who will listen. But STFU about Connecticut football fans. Relatively speaking we haven't been at this for a very long time. Consistently raucous crowd support is NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN without a winning football program to drive it.

Reaction Score
Not exactly apples to apples but I have seen NFL stadiums sell their remaining tickets to local sponsors to get the games on tv. What those sponsors do with the tickets, I don't know. However, it would be nice if some of UConn's sponsors had bought up a chunk of tickets and gave them to customers, employees, etc over the course of the last couple of weeks.

Reaction Score
One thing we don't have to drive ticket sales at this time is a star player that everyone wants to see in person. Maybe Arkeel is that guy or one of our QB's , or a DE. I think G Davis is that good right now but once we get things going this will help bring out more fans.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
How many tickets do you think you guys have sold? Who would have led the effort if it was public there were more available?

The late push is a straw man and has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

For someone with "Whaler" in their handle, I'd hope you would understand about ticket sales strategy.

It is my opinion that a mistake was made in holding back 25% of the stadium's capacity until 33 hours before kickoff.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The late push is a straw man and has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

For someone with "Whaler" in their handle, I'd hope you would understand about ticket sales strategy.

It is my opinion that a mistake was made in holding back 25% of the stadium's capacity until 33 hours before kickoff.

I understand your opinion. I just can't fathom why you think it matters.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I understand your opinion. I just can't fathom why you think it matters.

I've already explained. Not doing it again.Good night, Whaler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom