Ticket thing driving me CRAZY!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ticket thing driving me CRAZY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
why would they release tickets later, after already discounting them? People will be much more upset by the latter.

We still apparently have a bush league ticket office.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
They should have a model of how many season tickets they expect to sell week by week, and release some number of tickets for the BYU game as the summer progresses. They may have done that and just over-estimated the number of last minute season ticket buyers. All the factors that we've talked about before played some role in the lackluster sales, both season tickets and BYU single game tickets. But bottom line, I don't think not releasing those seats was a factor in the general public not buying single game tickets to the opening game. It is what it is, no use rehashing endlessly. We just have to be persistent in trying to bring new people in.

Reaction Score
Had the program not been run into the ground more season tix would have been sold and this wouldn't be an issue.

It's a brand new day. Just win.

Reaction Score
Nice job Connecticut fans!

I'm afraid this will sap some energy from the players with lack of support shown for the program.

Don't blame Sue, Warde, or Bob D for lack of consideration in future expansion talks. This aspects falls in the seat of UConn fans.

What a bunch of jack---s Ct fans are if their arrogance suggests that UConn FB has an entitlement to play ONLY the best teams in the best conferences. I guess both the fans and team will be far from earning any national respect. I hate to hear commentary from the sportscasters tomorrow.

The Ct resident fans' lack of support of the program will only enhance the negative national perception of UConn being an irrelevant play in CFB.

Just makes me think I just exercised a wasted effort to get four co-workers to go to a game this Friday (for the first time ever) to experience a great college FB atmosphere.

And how many will be there for Stony Brook next week if UConn gets slapped around tomorrow night. Never mind, don't answer that.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I agree, Jim. Enough of this moaning and hand-wringing. Games are supposed to be fun. That's why these posts that are making attendance an obligation instead of selling a good time are driving me crazy.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Just makes me think I just exercised a wasted effort to get four co-workers to go to a game this Friday (for the first time ever) to experience a great college FB atmosphere.

So if the stands have 32K in them instead of 36K, that will affect your enjoyment of the game? That's nuts.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score

Whats even worse is they could have had better seats... :)

The atmosphere is still going to rock because the die hards are going - dont worry about that!

Section 130

GO TEAM!!

Reaction Score
So after an email to the Athletic Department and phone call to UConn ticket office the amount of tickets availabe online is 10 fold.
Many available in lower levels and the amounts I counted before in other sections have quadrupled...

over 200 in section 132 - there were none this am - same with section 133.

I am sorry - I cant wait for football but this was handled EXTREMELY POORLY by UConn....
My guess is that they would not have updated the system if you hadn't called. Ticket office has always been mom and pop poorly run. The more things change....

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I don't understand the logic that if UConn had NOT held back an allotment of tickets for possible season ticket packages that they would actually be sold otherwise.

Apathy and winning 13 games in three years is to blame. Even the fill the rent promotion over the last few days didn't really move the needle to clear out those tickets that were not held back. I doubt even free tickets would fill the stadium at this point.

Everyone - just go to the game and encourage friends to go with, enjoy it, and bring even more friends with you next time.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
I don't understand the logic that if UConn had NOT held back an allotment of tickets for possible season ticket packages that they would actually be sold otherwise.

Apathy and winning 13 games in three years is to blame. Even the fill the rent promotion over the last few days didn't really move the needle to clear out those tickets that were not held back. I doubt even free tickets would fill the stadium at this point.

Everyone - just go to the game and encourage friends to go with, enjoy it, and bring even more friends with you next time.

In my case I only go to live events if the seat is decent. I don't consider upper level decent. That's me. Not saying it's right just my preference.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Exactly.

If the tickets available online reached zero we would be able to claim that the holdback cost us ticket sales for the game. While it may not have been the best strategy (that can be argued at another time) the less than stellar attendance will be due to other factors; the recent performance of the football team, the holiday weekend, lack of true reach to much of the state (something that has been a problem for more than a decade now and will take a good amount of time and effort to ammend) and the willingness of many residents to utilize disposable income in their current eonomic conditions for this form of entertainment.

I am looking at it this way: I now need to be 33% louder than what would have been necessary with a full house. I can pull that off, I hope the rest of you can.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
The facts are that people just don't want to go to the game. It has nothing to do with price points or how many tickets UConn held back online. Nothing.

Just accept it and move on.

You may be correct -
So with your analogy there should be no other tickets sold moving forward? The people who wanted to go bought their tickets already, correct?

"I'm turning off the BY until after the game. This place is starting to empty my Energy Bucket. "

I knew you couldnt stay away - you bleed blue baby!

Reaction Score

Thank you.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
In my case I only go to live events if the seat is decent. I don't consider upper level decent. That's me. Not saying it's right just my preference.

Have you ever been to thr Rent? There isn't a bad seat in the house. Second level in the Rent is better than 75% of the seats at the Bif House, the Horseshoe and Beaver Stadium.

Reaction Score
You may be correct -
So with your analogy there should be no other tickets sold moving forward? The people who wanted to go bought their tickets already, correct?

"I'm turning off the BY until after the game. This place is starting to empty my Energy Bucket. "

I knew you couldnt stay away - you bleed blue baby!

Yes, I pulled a Spackler. Said I'd stay away and then post 38 minutes later.

I don't understand your question? We reduced tix by 50% and still haven't moved the needle. I don't think there are thousands of people out there who looked at the seating chart and said, "Oh it. No lower bowl seats. I'm not going."

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Have you ever been to thr Rent? There isn't a bad seat in the house. Second level in the Rent is better than 75% of the seats at the Bif House, the Horseshoe and Beaver Stadium.

Yes - season ticket holder section 130 row 13.
Im a pig - I dont do upper levels - thats me.
Would the casual fan feel the exact same way that there isnt a bad seat in the house? I am not sure.

Most who are buying a single game ticket, in my opinion, would choose lowers over uppers if given the opportunity.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Yes, I pulled a Spackler. Said I'd stay away and then post 38 minutes later.

I don't understand your question? We reduced tix by 50% and still haven't moved the needle. I don't think there are thousands of people out there who looked at the seating chart and said, "Oh it. No lower bowl seats. I'm not going."

Yes - see your point this way - Holiday weekend and the numbers as you point them in this context - thousands said no lower it.

Still think it was handled incorrectly -

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Had the program not been run into the ground more season tix would have been sold and this wouldn't be an issue.

It's a brand new day. Just win.

That was the mistake, assuming a new coach alone would spur a huge jump in season tickets. Folly. At 31k we would exceed our average for last season, on a Friday night before a holiday weekend. That isn't terrible for a team that was truly awful last year. Now, if UConn knocks off BYU, one of the 3 best teams on our schedule, I think you'll see another few thousand season tickets get sold. People are cautious and I think they want to see something before diving in.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I'm sorry but you cannot have UConn sponsored technology that allows you to pick your own seat showing ~1000 tickets left and then announce that there are 9000 tickets left to the public. I thought the yahoo days of the Atheltic Department incompetence were on their way out when Hathaway left and Warde came in. Guess they still have a lot of work to do. Just seems incomprehensible to me. Warde needs to clean this up. I am very deflated right now thinking I'll be walking into a 3/4 full stadium against a name national opponent but do realize that the last three years were a repeated kick to the fan's groin. I will be hoarse at the end of the game nevertheless.

So winning will cure some of this but the nuts and bolts administration of the AD needs to continue to improve. Cannot have this kind of disconnect.

So, you think its not a sell out because what is shown on the web site. You really are stupid, aren't you?

Reaction Score
So, you think its not a sell out because what is shown on the web site. You really are stupid, aren't you?
and re-read what I wrote. My comment was about the disconnect between the web site and the announced sales. Better yet,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom