Ticket thing driving me CRAZY!! | The Boneyard

Ticket thing driving me CRAZY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I went to the UConn ticket sales site again - nothing avail in lower levels.

I admint I rounded UP when I got tired on counting green dots but I dont see 6000-10000 seats available for the game tomorrow
I came up with roughly 1600 tickets available

Big number sections-
213 75
214 150
216 80
218 150
219 60
220 150
221 80
228 110
231 100
232 70

What gives!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

EDIT - someone ask Des if there are 8000 seats available - where can we buy them!!!!????
Not on the UConn Ticket site...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Proof will be in the pudding. Let's see where we are tomorrow night. I don't get it either.

Reaction Score
Yea something is off unless they are just not releasing all the tickets online. But with the amount of people I know are going I can't see us not selling out or being very close tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Jimmy - I hear ya...

Ps - sound like my wife a little (not necessarily a bad thing!)

Yeah don't take offense, but I just don't see the point of bemoaning this any longer. It's an energy sucker. I'm going to be there at 3 PM tomorrow and I'm gonna have a good time whether there's 30k or 40k in the house. Why let something you can't control drive you nuts?

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Yeah don't take offense, but I just don't see the point of bemoaning this any longer. It's an energy sucker. I'm going to be there at 3 PM tomorrow and I'm gonna have a good time whether there's 30k or 40k in the house. Why let something you can't control drive you nuts?

Cuz I have issues :)

Reaction Score
A little obsessive compulsive behavior helps keep you sane. Everything in moderation including moderation.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Cuz I have issues :)
I get mad because it's the message people see. I can't control how DC feels about the program, or how he writes his column. If he's not getting the story right, it doesn't help our national perception.

And we have to always work on our perception.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry but you cannot have UConn sponsored technology that allows you to pick your own seat showing ~1000 tickets left and then announce that there are 9000 tickets left to the public. I thought the yahoo days of the Atheltic Department incompetence were on their way out when Hathaway left and Warde came in. Guess they still have a lot of work to do. Just seems incomprehensible to me. Warde needs to clean this up. I am very deflated right now thinking I'll be walking into a 3/4 full stadium against a name national opponent but do realize that the last three years were a repeated kick to the fan's groin. I will be hoarse at the end of the game nevertheless.

So winning will cure some of this but the nuts and bolts administration of the AD needs to continue to improve. Cannot have this kind of disconnect.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm sorry but you cannot have UConn sponsored technology that allows you to pick your own seat showing ~1000 tickets left and then announce that there are 9000 tickets left to the public. I thought the yahoo days of the Atheltic Department incompetence were on their way out when Hathaway left and Warde came in. Guess they still have a lot of work to do. Just seems incomprehensible to me. Warde needs to clean this up. I am very deflated right now thinking I'll be walking into a 3/4 full stadium against a name national opponent but do realize that the last three years were a repeated kick to the fan's groin. I will be hoarse at the end of the game nevertheless.

So winning will cure some of this but the nuts and bolts administration of the AD needs to continue to improve. Cannot have this kind of disconnect.

Agreed. My hope is that UCONN has a bunch of worthy candidates lined up to donate unsold tickets. Military, schools, charities...whatever. We need those tickets scanned and fannies in the seats to help our players beat a VERY tough opponent! Empty bleacher seats don't make noise when BYU is on defense and we need as much noise in the stadium as humanly possible.

Bonehead

Reaction Score

10000000% correct!!! Piss poor.
I just emailed Neal Eskin with pretty much that exact message.

Neal Eskin Senior Associate Director of Athletics/External Relations

I chose Neal as I had previous interaction with him regarding the IMG management at UConn.

Reaction Score
Apathy is very difficult to overcome. Whether it is people not voting in an election and then complaining about the country, state or town going down the drain or watching your favorite school slowly sink to oblivion, motivating people to do something is almost impossible unless there is a threat of a firing squad. Some people don't get it because they are intellectually unable to make a connection between their actions (or lack of) and eventual outcomes.

Reaction Score
the tickets that are available on the UConn website are likely those reserved for season ticket sales. There are other tickets that can be purchased through ticketmaster or whatever to single games. so the 1,000 or so we can see based on green dots are those they save for potential season tickets. Doesn't it seem odd that the upper corners are not available on the UConn site? like people chose to sit there before choosing seats 30 rows lower?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
the tickets that are available on the UConn website are likely those reserved for season ticket sales. There are other tickets that can be purchased through ticketmaster or whatever to single games. so the 1,000 or so we can see based on green dots are those they save for potential season tickets. Doesn't it seem odd that the upper corners are not available on the UConn site? like people chose to sit there before choosing seats 30 rows lower?

Some people like to be able to watch their car from their seats! :)

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Ok - I called the ticket office.
Asked why there are reports of only 31000 sold but only 1500 available on web.
Short answer - they held the good seats back from online purchase in attempt to get more season tickets sold - i was told it is a work in progress until after the 1st game now that the season ticket market is dried up.

Kyle in the ticket office can find me individual tickets in lower bowl.

Its true - 31000 sold as of this am.

SHAME.

Reaction Score
Short answer - they held the good seats back from online purchase in attempt to get more season tickets sold - i was told it is a work in progress until after the 1st game now that the season ticket market is dried up.

SHAME.
A damn shame. I just want to say one final "thank you" to Hathaway, Pasqualoni and Deleone for running this Fiesta Bowl program into the ground.

Reaction Score
The worst thing done was letting IMG manage the UConn asset. I'd rather see a bunch of UConn professors and business students with energy and creativity cut their teeth on it. It would be like how Harvard internally money manages its endowment. it would be a unique sports management program opportunity, and it is not rocket science managing licensing, distribution and promotion, etc...

Reaction Score

SHAME.

It is what it is. You lose 23 games in 3 years and you're going to face some fan backlash, regardless of whether you're trying to get into a better conference.

Trying to shame fans into buying tickets is asinine. UConn football isn't owed anything. I'll be there with bells on tomorrow, but the team has to win some damn games to get the fence sitters back on our side.

Reaction Score
I guess this was not a good strategy

they held the good seats back from online purchase in attempt to get more season tickets sold - i was told it is a work in progress until after the 1st game now that the season ticket market is dried up.

In this case I don't blame the fans, it's UConn's fault.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
I went to the UConn ticket sales site again - nothing avail in lower levels.

I admint I rounded UP when I got tired on counting green dots but I dont see 6000-10000 seats available for the game tomorrow
I came up with roughly 1600 tickets available

Big number sections-
213 75
214 150
216 80
218 150
219 60
220 150
221 80
228 110
231 100
232 70

What gives!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

EDIT - someone ask Des if there are 8000 seats available - where can we buy them!!!!????
Not on the UConn Ticket site...

So after an email to the Athletic Department and phone call to UConn ticket office the amount of tickets availabe online is 10 fold.
Many available in lower levels and the amounts I counted before in other sections have quadrupled...

over 200 in section 132 - there were none this am - same with section 133.

I am sorry - I cant wait for football but this was handled EXTREMELY POORLY by UConn....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom