Ticket Prices | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ticket Prices

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I park for free in the lot where exotic super pet is. The walk is maybe 10-15 mins to the stadium and my car has never gotten broken into or anything

Reaction Score
Personally, I don't care what my seats cost me, I'm buying. But the stadium should be priced to keep it full. Same with the XL cCenter.

they should flip their pricing formula. Instead of charging season ticket holders full-boat and then offering individual games at fire sale prices to the riff-raff, they should fire sale the season tickets and offer individual games at full-boat prices.

Reaction Score
they should flip their pricing formula. Instead of charging season ticket holders full-boat and then offering individual games at fire sale prices to the riff-raff, they should fire sale the season tickets and offer individual games at full-boat prices.

Great - sell 40000 season tickets to people for such a small amount of money that they don't bother to come to the games even after they bought tickets. Then the stadium is empty even while sold out.

There isn't a great solution for this until the product gets better. The "donation" will hurt more now because they won't be tax deductible under the new plan (I think - was that in the final bill?).

Reaction Score
Great - sell 40000 season tickets to people for such a small amount of money that they don't bother to come to the games even after they bought tickets. Then the stadium is empty even while sold out.

There isn't a great solution for this until the product gets better. The "donation" will hurt more now because they won't be tax deductible under the new plan (I think - was that in the final bill?).
I wish they would offer a deeper discount for long term season ticket holders (say 3+ consecutive years). That would make it a more difficult decision to jump ship when the program struggles, while also showing some appreciation for your die hards, as opposed to alienating them with these "flash sale" tickets going for cheaper than season tickets.

Reaction Score
I wish they would offer a deeper discount for long term season ticket holders (say 3+ consecutive years). That would make it a more difficult decision to jump ship when the program struggles, while also showing some appreciation for your die hards, as opposed to alienating them with these "flash sale" tickets going for cheaper than season tickets.

So the tickets are what, $30 * 6 + 100/ticket for preferred? So if I have 6 tickets I'm paying $600 in donations. I'm not really bothered by them selling $20 seats or whatever. If it was an issue, I would get the non-donation seats and save $600.

BTW - since you know there are always seats available - why buy season tickets if this bothers you? You can get in nearly free to every game. Ahh, BECAUSE you have had seats for years and prefer to sit in the same place around the same people, which presumably has some value to you (it does to me). That value is more than $10/seat to me. Everyone has to do their own math.

Reaction Score

they're not coming anyway - at least the seats are sold. You keep the ST prices jacked up, and you're going to have the non-ST seats on fire sale anyway, might as well throw the ST die-hards a bone. Say the face is $25 per game, sell the ST package at $20 per game. Enough of a discount to say "We love you" from the Athletic Dept to the diehards that have sat through this shyteshow.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Regardless it’s not worth 5 bucks to park practically at MCC when you can park closer and not have to adhere to the LAZ tyrants. The only downside is to Silva’s is that it’s run by a family with very deep political ties in EH. I’d be curious to know if/how much of that 20 bucks is taxed. #cesspool

I am one of the first to complain about LAZ. They got marginally better when Global Spectrum took over and and AD Dave started to focus on fan experience. Another big part of the improvement was either the firing or retirement (perhaps something else) of that old crotchety white-windbreaker wearing supervisor who patrolled the Northwest part of the blue lot.

Reaction Score
they're not coming anyway - at least the seats are sold. You keep the ST prices jacked up, and you're going to have the non-ST seats on fire sale anyway, might as well throw the ST die-hards a bone. Say the face is $25 per game, sell the ST package at $20 per game. Enough of a discount to say "We love you" from the Athletic Dept to the diehards that have sat through this shyteshow.

That makes sense. Don't think it drives season ticket holder behavior because not enough of a discount though. But philosophically agree.

Reaction Score
The $20 price tag is fine, but maybe they could even have one game where tickets are $10 each, such as the URI game, to really encourage attendance.

Reaction Score
The next time I do season tix I will sell the blue passes on eBay and continue to use Aero. I simply do not like tailgating on crushed stone. The aero lot is more laid back, you can tailgate on grass, and the facilities are nice. As a retired PW guy, I also feel like I am coming back home.

Oh, yeah, I like the idea of $10 tix to FCS opponent games too.

Reaction Score
The next time I do season tix I will sell the blue passes on eBay and continue to use Aero. I simply do not like tailgating on crushed stone. The aero lot is more laid back, you can tailgate on grass, and the facilities are nice. As a retired PW guy, I also feel like I am coming back home.

Oh, yeah, I like the idea of $10 tix to FCS opponent games too.
I wouldn't want my Corvette on gravel anyway (assuming you own one) - wouldn't want stones getting kicked up.

Reaction Score
why not just include Blue lot pass as the season ticket perk - free parking that close to the stadium is like the ultimate perk. Could even keep the tickets at face at that point.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Another big part of the improvement was either the firing or retirement (perhaps something else) of that old crotchety white-windbreaker wearing supervisor who patrolled the Northwest part of the blue lot.

LOL! What a pantload that guy was! He drove up to us with full attitude and demanded we pull our tent closer to the car "so emergency vehicles could have faster access". What are you talking about, I said. This tent is no different than the other 100 tents in the lot and no different than the way it's been since the Rent opened. If emergency vehicle needs access we will provide it when they come. Like everyone else in the parking lot. Dope.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
LOL! What a pantload that guy was! He drove up to us with full attitude and demanded we pull our tent closer to the car "so emergency vehicles could have faster access". What are you talking about, I said. This tent is no different than the other 100 tents in the lot and no different than the way it's been since the Rent opened. If emergency vehicle needs access we will provide it when they come. Like everyone else in the parking lot. Dope.
He would tell us the same thing!! We are so thankful he is gone, whoever comes though first is offered whatever we are having for breakfast. When it's hot we give them a bottled water. Some take it gladly. Some politely refuse. All are cordial.

Here's a story from 2014 (Stony Brook, IIRC):

"A father in our group was throwing the ball with his son around quarter to 9:00 and the row being filled was 3 grass rows away from where they were. A midlevel supervising attendant came up to the father and said, while there is technically a rule against having a catch in the parking lot, there was no immediate danger and to make sure they stopped or moved to the lot across the street once more cars were parked. I thought, "Oh, they are finally being reasonable. Thanks Global Spectrum." Alas, my new faith in LAZ parking (or whoever) was dashed when the crusty old head supervisor rolled up to remind them who wears the white shirt in this establishment. When he was told that another supervisor told them to use common sense, he returned a scoff of derision and grunted, "No he didn't." Well, yeah. He really did.

The lesson as always? There will be no football playing at the football game."

I wrote a 2 page diatribe in the 1st Annual AD Dave Football Survey. I can only assume that was the straw that broke the camel's back with that guy...like an anvil.

2 other stories are in that post. Good lord was I in the tank for Diaco back then...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding.

This is the long term play.

They don’t have the descipline to pull it off.

They look at the schedule, how many tickets they have moved and then change the price every 15 minutes.

It would decrease revenue in the short term which is why they don’t do it. When they wake up and decide - hey this random
hockey game is $9 - they NEED the $9000 they get moving an extra 1k tickets.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
why not just include Blue lot pass as the season ticket perk - free parking that close to the stadium is like the ultimate perk. Could even keep the tickets at face at that point.

They don’t own the lots and don’t get the revenue. So they can’t even if it made sense.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Chairback seats get free blue parking. 1 for every 2 tix.
Renewal for FB seats is coming soon.
They do throw you a bone though.
My free seats to Tulsa hoop game?
Row. Z in 214 at XL.

C1E49F90-666F-48D6-B798-A9BA9C9B0BFE.jpeg

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I don’t mind paying $25 for a ticket, I usually go with friends and use it an excuse to drink.

What I really want is us to be competitive and have a winning record. That brings more interest to the Rent.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't want my Corvette on gravel anyway (assuming you own one) - wouldn't want stones getting kicked up.
It's a Lotus and yes I own it. But I don't bring it to games. What would be the point? It is a car to be driven hard just for the fun of it.

Reaction Score
I don’t mind paying $25 for a ticket, I usually go with friends and use it an excuse to drink.
What I really want is us to be competitive and have a winning record. That brings more interest to the Rent.
I am with you. (But at my age, I drink a lot less; and when I do, I no longer have a need for an excuse.) :) And I do not even insist on a winning record. Five, six, seven wins a year consistently and I am all in for the season tix. Maybe every decade they contend for conference title? Maybe only once a decade they slip as low as four wins? That's not expecting too much is it?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom