Ticket Prices | The Boneyard

Ticket Prices

Reaction Score
What do you think our ticket prices should be?

I've had season tickets since 2001, back at campus.

We had tickets in the upper level on the 50 yard line at the Rent for all of RE1.0 years, but as the coaches got worse, I have changed to lower priced seats.

I would love to get to my 50 yard line seat, and I have plenty of points to get there, but I would truly love to see season ticket prices for all seats go down.

With RE stating that the prices should come down, what do you expect we will see for prices?

I, for one, would love to see all the blue chairback seats full every game. How can they get that to happen?

I love UConn football, and our tailgating group is beyond great. I hope we can get people back in the stands.

Looking forward to your opinions.

Reaction Score
I don’t think the cost is an issue. You couldn’t give away free tickets the last couple years.

Chairbacks will never be full because most of them are corporate tickets.

If I had to guess they’ll lower the price to $20 per game. If they’re smart they will come up with a plan to incentivize people to buy season tickets. There was already a thread on that so won’t rehash it here.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Student season tix should be free--it's the least they can do for making them drive on a bus for 45 mins. Young alumni should be $10 per game, so $60 or $70 for the season. As for others, I agree with Serrano that $20 is a good price point. Maybe $30 for chairbacks

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think $25 a ticket is fine with me. Also, I don't mind donating to the school at all. Now parking is a different thing they could lower those prices and that would make many people happy.

Reaction Score
I think $25 a ticket is fine with me. Also, I don't mind donating to the school at all. Now parking is a different thing they could lower those prices and that would make many people happy.

Yeah I don’t think lowering ticket prices will get more people in the building. Nobody looks at the price and says, “that’s too expensive”.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I think a creative person can figure out how to come up with a few key sections of assigned seating at a premium (whomever is left that donates) with the rest being general admission- sit where you want.

Reaction Score
If they’re smart they will come up with a plan to incentivize people to buy season tickets. There was already a thread on that so won’t rehash it here.

Yeah I'd love if I got free blue/gray parking with my season tix, but at this point, I'm not sure I can convince the women in my tailgating group to give up the real toilets at the Aero Club lot.

(People also seem to enjoy that the bathrooms are heated during the winter tailgates.)

Reaction Score
Yeah I don’t think lowering ticket prices will get more people in the building. Nobody looks at the price and says, “that’s too expensive”.
Justifying $120 (including parking) for me, and the disinterested wife and two kids is difficult. haven't even bought a beer, foam finger, or chik-fil-a yet. Two beers (tip included), a few hot dogs for the kids, some waters. You're easily at $160+.

$25 for me isn't an issue at all, but most people don't go alone. And spending that much money, on what has been an embarrassment of a football program recently, is tough to swallow. And for Thursday night games we usually have to leave by half-time so the kids can get to bed for school.

$10 for kids with a paid adult would be great. I think $20-$25 is reasonable. I also think the losing, the terrible offense, and the disintegration of Big East football has more to do with the attendance.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

No, but the parking issues would be nice if we had to fork out less. I filled out what they sent me for the upcoming season in a poll. One thing I said give the bobbleheads outside so you can put them in your car/truck so you don't have to drag them around in the stadium.

Bottom line a better product will get people in the seats.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I think a creative person can figure out how to come up with a few key sections of assigned seating at a premium (whomever is left that donates) with the rest being general admission- sit where you want.
People generally sit where they want, one reason why you’re a fool if you buy expensive tickets.

Reaction Score
I don’t mind a donation, but think the parking should be cheaper and tickets 15 per game. Whenever I have an extra I get 5-10 for it in the lot. Need to fill some seats

Reaction Score
Currently, UConn doesn’t control the parking (nor pricing thereof) and gets no revenue share from it.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The parking is ridiculous for sure especially when you can park at Silva’s/Aero for 15 bucks and be closer than red lot and not sit in traffic after the game but there’s really nothing the school can do outside of negotiating profit from it but I’d bet the reason they haven’t done that is to keep prices down. Obviously there’s a better atmosphere on the runway but it’s quite the pain especially trying to coordinate parking together and then carry gear/food to the main spot. It’s no wonder most of those people don’t make it into the game!

Reaction Score
Currently, UConn doesn’t control the parking (nor pricing thereof) and gets no revenue share from it.
Seems like a bad deal for Uconn. How did LAZ get control of the parking then?

Reaction Score
Seems like a bad deal for Uconn. How did LAZ get control of the parking then?

It’s not UConn property - it’s State of Connecticut property and falls under OPM/CRDA auspices.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Did they go up to 20 this year? I can’t keep track. Regardless

Regardless what? Silva's and the Aero Club charged $20. per game, UConn charged $15 for season ticket holders. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

Reaction Score
That $20 parking price at the lot on Silver Lane is also an injustice.

They want people to not think about being overcharged anywhere. That obviously would increase spending elsewhere.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Regardless what? Silva's and the Aero Club charged $20. per game, UConn charged $15 for season ticket holders. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.
Regardless it’s not worth 5 bucks to park practically at MCC when you can park closer and not have to adhere to the LAZ tyrants. The only downside is to Silva’s is that it’s run by a family with very deep political ties in EH. I’d be curious to know if/how much of that 20 bucks is taxed. #cesspool

Reaction Score
I bought 3 chairbacks for Tulsa and paid $232. That’s ridiculous no matter how you slice it. I like to go and I want to support the school, so I pay it, but it isn’t reasonable at all given the state of the program. More importantly, it won’t fill the seats.

It hurts sales for sure. I was going to buy 4 more tickets and invite a friend and his family. If they couldn’t make it, I had another friend and his family to invite. I decided that paying $300 for a family of 4 to see a game they didn’t really care about anyway wasn’t worth it.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
There have been quite a few things to complain about but in all candor, the price for parking is not one of them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom