Thursday's Vanderbilt at Tennessee Game | The Boneyard

Thursday's Vanderbilt at Tennessee Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
This game could a loooooong way to determine Tennessee's fate this year. It's highly likely that UT will lose at ND tomorrow (Monday) and also very possible that they lose at Kentucky on Monday 25th and at Mississippi on the Thursday 28th. A loss this Thursday at home against Vanderbilt raises the very real possibility that UT would sport a 5 game losing streak, an overall record of 11-10 and an SEC record of 3-5. They would certainly have plunged out the top 25 and their RPI would likely be 60+.
I might have to watch this one!

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Vandy doesn't play very well away from their oddly laid out gym, so I'd be shocked if they beat Tennessee in Knoxville. Of course, Virginia Tech beat them there and UTC almost did, so anything's possible.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Vandy doesn't play very well away from their oddly laid out gym, so I'd be shocked if they beat Tennessee in Knoxville. Of course, Virginia Tech beat them there and UTC almost did, so anything's possible.
Agree. TN has to play AT Vandy later in the year. That is usually a tough game. Unless TN can figure things out, that could easily be another loss for them.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Tenn can lose to anybody anytime anywhere

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score

I only chose this upcoming game against Vanderbilt because of where it lies in the schedule and the potential specter of a 5 game losing streak. I agree that losing at Vanderbilt is more likely than losing at Tennessee. I also realized after I posted this that UT's record would be 11-9, not 11-10 if things play out as I hypothesized. Still, how many fans of any stripe would have predicted in October that such a scenario would even be possible?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I only chose this upcoming game against Vanderbilt because of where it lies in the schedule and the potential specter of a 5 game losing streak. I agree that losing at Vanderbilt is more likely than losing at Tennessee. I also realized after I posted this that UT's record would be 11-9, not 11-10 if things play out as I hypothesized. Still, how many fans of any stripe would have predicted in October that such a scenario would even be possible?

It would have seemed unfathomable, but with the amount of talent they have, they could come together and start winning at any time. It will be interesting to see how they play at ND.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom