Threepeat? | The Boneyard

Threepeat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, never too early to speculate...

My question: With respect to the starting lineup...does Geno go big, moving KML to shooting guard, and having the physically imposing front line of Stewie, Tuck and Kiah? Or does he go smaller, using Chong and/or some of the incoming guards as shooting guard? My suspicion is for the former, though it's such a weapon to have one of the talented bigs coming off the bench just when the opposing frontcourt is getting worn down. I'd guess it depends to some extent on Wilson's decision. Just wonder what others think. And who would be the most likely candidate to dethrone us....maybe UNC?

Reaction Score
I don't think we can assume Tuck yet, but if she does come back, yes THREEPEAT!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Ha- time for an offseason thread now, eh? :)

I have to assume ND will be good. Briana Turner is the real deal. Kayla and Achonwa are big losses, but I imagine Lloyd will only get better. So will Taya Reimer and perhaps Michaela Mabrey (Michaela Maybe? :) ).

Other than that, it's hard to predict who will be great...but I know UConn will be. I do expect a Bre-peat! If UConn gets it, they could flirt with 90 in a row. Imagine that. we're at 46 and counting...

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Icebear may be onto something.
If they were making a movie about the Boneyard, that's the line you'd hear just before the trouble starts. :D

Reaction Score
I don't think we can assume Tuck yet, but if she does come back, yes THREEPEAT!
Why can't you assume Tuck??? Is she leaving the program????? Tuck will be back, better than ever, though she may not be at 100% on opening day.

Reaction Score
Barring injury, I dont see any team getting close to UConn next year. I think the question is if they can 4peat. If they miss out on say Wilson, Durr, Samuelson, it may be interesting. UConn will still have Seniors Stewert and Jefferson and Jrs Tuck (RS) and Chong, along with a strong 2014 class and whoever is in 2015.

ND should be a real contender in 2 years (Loyd and Mabrey being Sr, Reimer and Allen Jr and Turner a So), USC if they get Wilson will be a So (along with White), and still have both Coates and Mitchell. UNC with DeShields/Gray/Mavunga being Jrs will be dangerous.

This is only if UConn doesn't land one of the difference makers. Because elite talent + Geno's coaching...too dominant.

Reaction Score
I would like to agree with the threepeat... but I still would love some height next year.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Ha- time for an offseason thread now, eh? :)

I have to assume ND will be good. Briana Turner is the real deal. Kayla and Achonwa are big losses, but I imagine Lloyd will only get better. So will Taya Reimer and perhaps Michaela Mabrey (Michaela Maybe? :) ).

Other than that, it's hard to predict who will be great...but I know UConn will be. I do expect a Bre-peat! If UConn gets it, they could flirt with 90 in a row. Imagine that. we're at 46 and counting...

I think they will be good too.
I suppose I always think that.
Maybrey's problem is her lack of speed…I mean pretty plodding.
She could turn into a Maria Conlen type, showed flashes of that yesterday
Smart, shoots, the three, pretty good passer.
But at this point, she can be defended by a swift guard.
I'm not sure Reimer is going to be much, we'll have to see.
But never count Muffet out, mouth and all.

By the way…Did they gain any respect yesterday?
Seems to me, would have been more if the coach would have kept her hostility to herself.

Reaction Score
I like our chances on the 3-peat. Tuck is the unknown. If she comes back strong, we'll have more than enough underneath between her and Stokes (and Stewie and KML). Without Tuck, it gets a little trickier but I still think we get it done.

Reaction Score
We lose a ton with Dolson. Her production and presence is not easily replaced.

Reaction Score
Stewie has barely tapped her potential, and she has strong feelings about Senior's going out in what she feels is the right way, and that is winning the National Championship. Kiah is going to go out with a bang next year, expect her to have a tremendous senior year. My personal opinion about the 5th starter, is don't sleep on Kia Nurse, a 6 foot point guard, playing with Moriah in the backcourt, could be devastating on both ends of the floor.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
WOW! not even 24 hours before this tread pops up :)

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
What's fun is Geno gets to redesign his offense. How much fun will THAT be!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Before we can look at next season we have some questions. Will Tuck and Gabby Williams come back from their injuries? As far as Wilson goes imo she's coming. You read her remarks and congrats to the UConn NC mens and womens teams. The past 2 nites I feel settled that. I think its a really big deal to have Tuck back and Williams healthy and have A'ja here. We need to wait and see what happens over the next couple of months. If all three factors are in our favor and our incoming freshman class is as good as advertised and the following class has 4/5 verbals then we have a great chance of a 4 peat. I really find it hard for us not to win the next two NCs so long as Stewart is healthy. Over the next 2 years she will be off the charts good.

U

UCONNfan1

We lose a ton with Dolson. Her production and presence is not easily replaced.
Totally agree with this, but it's been said almost every year when a great has left. Going back a few years, "how can we replace Tina with the only center on our team a freshman (Stef)". Then it was "how can we replace everything Maya did"? When Kelly left, it was "who will pick up the defensive slack"?

Now that Stef is leaving, it's "the offense ran through her at the top of the key. How can we duplicate that"? Well, the short answer is we can't. The longer answer is that we are never the same team 2 years in a row and next year Geno will look at his strengths and magnify those, and look at his weaknesses and minimize those.

Kiah is a much different 5 than Stef, obviously. While Stef is a deceptively athletic defender, Kiah is a monster. While Kiah has been looking for her shot more, Stef was much more offensively dynamic, and a playmaker/facilitator to boot.

Locks for starters (in my mind), Moriah, Kaleena, Stewie, Kiah. I have no idea who will emerge as the 5th starter, but there are a ton of options next year. I tend to lean more towards Banks at this point but only because Tuck would be our only post player off the bench and I don't know who among the guards will be best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom