Three Takeaways – Florida edition | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Three Takeaways – Florida edition

Reaction Score
Nice win.. Got to run the ball thru through bigs. They do their thing or kick out. AG needs to work non his shot non stop. Tskr it when he has to but lookntonoass first. CV tough on both sides of the ball but on offense let the ball go to the Bigs first. Polley keep shooting. Carlton pin this boys on the block.

Reaction Score
Thank God Blackshear fouled out. I would have hated watching that final 30 seconds with him still in the game. I actually broke out every championship T-shirt we have and wore all four of them were the 2014 on top which was a medium I bought at the game when they were sold out a large. I told myself it was worth the discomfort and it was. Go Huskies

Reaction Score
Akok is improving little by little. Blocking/altering shots, rebounding, active feet on defense. By the time his scoring comes, we will have a hellava player. What a recruiting gem!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If they play intense D like that without fouling we can be a good team. I thought Whaley was pretty great and Akok is a beast around the rim on D. Christian didn't score a ton or rebound a ton but I thought it was probably his best floor game he's played for us, he really played within himself. Polley big in first half and Josh in the second.

If Alterique can find his shot and improve his overall game things will start looking pretty good, Bouknight is going to help a lot on offense.

Really demonstrates the concept that when Vital is filling up the stat sheet we are not as good. He was much better today. I was impressed with his decision not to dunk the break away late and run out the clock. Before today he dunks that every time, sometimes missing and giving them the ball.

AG was an effective floor general and was tenacious on D. If his shots fall we win this going away.

Akok keeps getting better. He does the little things. Eventually he will do more.

Polley played confidently for a change. Major improvement.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
No. 1: Enjoy this. Been a while.

No. 2: Don't get too low – there's enough talent on this team to beat the occasional top 20 opponent. Tyler & Josh stepping up like this was such a pleasant surprise.

No. 3: Don't get too high – there isn't enough talent to avoid the occasional humiliating loss to a mid-major.

Beyond everything else, this group has to win the effort battle first and foremost. They did today. If that's a sign of what's to come we'll have a pretty good year.

Need to learn to guard the 3pt line. Good thing they missed 10 wide open ones.

I don't know how we clean this up, but it must be done. Been like 5years now

Reaction Score
I’m feeling good.

Vital played a very smart game.

Akok is going to be so good and is already reliable. I feel confident when grabs a board or catches that he isn’t going to cough it up.

Don’t get down on Gilbert! He isn’t going to shoot this poorly all season. He will win us games this year.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Looks like Vital is our closer when game on the line. Put the ball in his hands. Those foul shots were onions!

Going to have to be like '04 team where Ben does ball handling at end due to Taliek's poor FT shooting.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I love what Akok is bringing. Even with 0 points his presence around the rim in D, and ability to defend the perimeter is HUGE. The offense will come.
I said before the season we'd be worse offensively, but the addition of Akok would make us much better defensively. He's not just a good rim protector, he doesn't jump at ball fakes on the perimeter, and his length/quickfeet is bothersome out there as well. Once the offense comes around he's a potential lottery pick.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
we won this game with defense...this was an all-out effort and an earned win for sure

this makes the rest of the season that much more enjoyable

if we win out 'til indiana and then get that W, LOOKOUT

Reaction Score
Need to learn to guard the 3pt line. Good thing they missed 10 wide open ones.

I don't know how we clean this up, but it must be done. Been like 5years now
Mike White said he thought there were a couple they should have made but most of the credit goes to UConn making them uncomfortable.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Mike White said he thought there were a couple they should have made but most of the credit goes to UConn making them uncomfortable.

I think that's just him taking care of his young guys mentally. He's got good young shooters who are struggling. All they need is confidence. If they hit only two of those, they win.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I think that's just him taking care of his young guys mentally. He's got good young shooters who are struggling. All they need is confidence. If they hit only two of those, they win.

He might be onto something.

dude has a wide open 3 with like 8-10 seconds left and couldn’t pull the trigger. Instead he panicked and turned it over.

Reaction Score
Missed game - wife's family event. But they won? Holycrapolo. Look forward to re-run, whcih is where?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
They showed mental toughness today. The first 5 minutes it was all deer in headlights, scrambling around the perimeter and being totally shut down by Florida's defense. Instead of caving in, they buckled down, settled in, and dictated the pace for the majority of the game from that point on.

Reaction Score
If Gilbert makes anything we win going away. He said he was happy the reporter asked about UConn and said right away a lot of it was UConn, he was impressed with our length and speed.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Back to UConn tough Defense which is a nice after the last game which was just the opposite.
This helps the young guys out a lot but it also helps those who have been here through the lousy last couple of years of losing basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom