Three reasons we lost | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Three reasons we lost

Reaction Score
Can anybody surprise the defense one Fckg time during the weave and take it to the hole . Turn the corner and go. We do not put enough pressure on the defense close to the rim.As mentioned above I would like to see Jackson get more assertive in this area.

It’s so confusing. Some games we get away from the weave and the offense looks better only to run the weave the entirety of the next game and the offense sucks again. Are we watching film?
The important thing is, that if the weave is your main offense, you won’t score much. Couple that with everyone being deathly afraid of making a move to the hoop, you have disaster.

Reaction Score
As far as I am concerned all things point to the coach and the staff - period
The team is unprepared, has zero offensive schemes and actually gave up at the end
TERRIBLE job by Hurley and company
It's time DH understands that coaching in the big boy leagues is deeper that recruiting, talking big and collecting a HUGE check
Wait ollie has been gone for 3 years now.

Reaction Score
Regarding our inability / lack of confidence to break down defenders in their press: not to throw salt on the wounds, but Gilbert went for an efficient 17 points and 3/4 on treys tonight. Could have used him.

Alas, that ship has sailed...

Reaction Score
Regarding our inability / lack of confidence to break down defenders in their press: not to throw salt on the wounds, but Gilbert went for an efficient 17 points and 3/4 on treys tonight. Could have used him.

Alas, that ship has sailed...
OMG, really??? He’s shooting 32% for the season, 26% from 3. Way to pick out his best game and extrapolate. I think he had his chance here to prove his wares.

Reaction Score
OMG, really??? He’s shooting 32% for the season, 26% from 3. Way to pick out his best game and extrapolate. I think he had his chance here to prove his wares.

You are correct about the season in totality. However, my point was about the press tonight. Several people have commented that our current guards lack the confidence and / or ability to break down the opposition and attack. For all of Gilbert's faults, he could excel in this capacity.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Aside from a coach who seems to encourage running the clock down no matter what and sticking to a premade plan with little flexibility, the team didn't play well or with much spirit. I'm not ragging on anyone as being "bad" but a bad game? Yup. To be expected when they only get to place once in a while and build zero rhythm or teamwork and have no fans to give them a lift.

Mins/FG/3pt #s below are not OK though.

Polley,Tyler*212-121-8
Adams,Brendan130-00-00-0

Reaction Score
Didn’t get to watch yesterday, which seems like it may have been a bit of a blessing. But, Whaley’s regression is puzzling me. He does things that don’t appear in the box score we all know that. But 2 and 3 is not cutting it. He’s averaging about 5 and 5 in his last 5 games. It’s concerning.

Reaction Score
Didn’t get to watch yesterday, which seems like it may have been a bit of a blessing. But, Whaley’s regression is puzzling me. He does things that don’t appear in the box score we all know that. But 2 and 3 is not cutting it. He’s averaging about 5 and 5 in his last 5 games. It’s concerning.
It’s very concerning. This isn’t an overreaction either, but he really needs to be moved to the bench, similar to what he did with Cole, to light a fire under him. I think we will be better with a starting 5 of Cole/Gaff, Bouk, Jackson, Martin, Sanogo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom