Three Germans!!! | The Boneyard

Three Germans!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i checked the net and i couldn't find an article... but per twitter...

Alex Kline@TheRecruitScoop
UConn has landed a commitment from German forward Leon Tolksdorf, sources tell The Recruit Scoop

i have no idea how much he will help, but let's be honest, Nolan and now Tolksdorf is some welcome good news. Good day for UCONN fans...

Reaction Score
5.2 points in 14 minutes a game and 34% from 3 pt. I guess we are desperate for recruits. I just don't see why we picked this guy up. Seems like a guy who might see a few minutes here and there in his career and never contribute. I hope I'm wrong but this seems like a reach.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
5.2 points in 14 minutes a game and 34% from 3 pt. I guess we are desperate for recruits. I just don't see why we picked this guy up. Seems like a guy who might see a few minutes here and there in his career and never contribute. I hope I'm wrong but this seems like a reach.

i said it in the recruit threead that i wasn't big on this but in JC and staff i trust. were going be be back at 13 ships next year. we will have 3 new recruits now for 2013 and there is a real possibility that 1 or both of bazz or boat leave for the nba next year so that may open up more ships. the pg clas next year isn't going to be deep and with this roster both of those guys are going to put up big numbers. when were at full ships you need 4 year guys who improve and are good team guys. wold and gif have been that so far, hopefully leon will be also.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

We have a lot of ships to give. Need warm bodies to get through next season.

Reaction Score
We have a lot of ships to give. Need warm bodies to get through next season.
Well can't we at least find a guy that scored more than 10 points and 15 minutes for his high school team. I'm sure there are some decent players in the USA we could find that meet those needs and who aren't as one dimensional as this player seems from his highlight film. Well hope I'm wrong. I hope he is a good student as that will at least help the APR.

I would have rather seen some muscle underneath. I wonder if we are still looking for one more big man?

Reaction Score
Well can't we at least find a guy that scored more than 10 points and 15 minutes for his high school team. I'm sure there are some decent players in the USA we could find that meet those needs and who aren't as one dimensional as this player seems from his highlight film. Well hope I'm wrong. I hope he is a good student as that will at least help the APR.

Those are not high school stats. Unless I'm mistaken, it's a German professional league.

Reaction Score
Those are not high school stats. Unless I'm mistaken, it's a German professional league.
Yes but I'm sure it isn't the top professional league if you looked at the video of him. Seemed like High School basketball to me. Also his assists are almost none, block shots are zip, and rebounds are non-existent. Not sure why we are getting a player who we can only use for 3 pt. shooting. I hope I'm wrong but this pickup doesn't excite me at all.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

I would have rather seen some muscle underneath. I wonder if we are still looking for one more big man?

Keep in mind that we have to be able to bring in a guy that is developmental and willing to sit the bench for 35 minutes a game.

Hilton Armstrong only became that good because he didn't transfer when he got little playing time early in his career. Who knows, maybe JC thinks this kid could be a valuable glue guy by the time he's a senior.

Reaction Score
Keep in mind that we have to be able to bring in a guy that is developmental and willing to sit the bench for 35 minutes a game.

Hilton Armstrong only became that good because he didn't transfer when he got little playing time early in his career. Who knows, maybe JC thinks this kid could be a valuable glue guy by the time he's a senior.
Well at least HA was tall and athletic. I just see a 3pt shooter in this guy. Well either way I hope he helps our APR and welcome aboard a fellow German. I really do like the other pickup, Phil Nolan, as he is in the mold of HA with probably more upside.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if any other schools were looking at him?

Reaction Score
ALBA Berlin is not a high school team.. It's an organization where its top team has past college stars & NBA players Kyle Weaver & Bryce Taylor.. People don't realize that if your a good talent over there, you play with an organization such as this through its different tiers- like european futbol. I think he could be a good talent, and hopefully a heady player- as we've seen before with European players, theres usually some acclimation time to the american game.. Hopefully he takes Wolfs minutes ;)

Reaction Score
According to TheRecruitScoop he averaged 17 and 12 this season. He also plays on the U-20 German team, so he must be pretty good.

caw

Reaction Score
So now UConn has what 10 scholarship players:
  1. RJ Evans
  2. Shabazz Napier
  3. Tyler Olander
  4. Enosh Wolf
  5. Niels Giffey
  6. Ryan Boatright
  7. DeAndre Daniels
  8. Omar Calhoun
  9. Phil Nolan
  10. Leon Tolksdorf
Am I missing someone? At least the team can play 5 on 5 with scholarship recruits now.

Reaction Score
I think he looks pretty solid. He has a beautiful shooting stroke.

Reaction Score

He looks smooth and I'm definitely looking forward to see what he can do

caw

Reaction Score
According to TheRecruitScoop he averaged 17 and 12 this season. He also plays on the U-20 German team, so he must be pretty good.

He averaged 17 and 12 in the NBBL and 5.2 points in 14 minutes a game for the Pro B team, from what I could find on Google.

The NBBL is U-19, the Pro B is the feeder team to the full pro team. It appears he was also an all-star for the NBBL.

NBBL Team Page

Familiar name from ALBA's previous teams, I only assume it's the same Niels Giffey. Appears Niels averaged about 14 a game.

Reaction Score
scissors.jpg

So, ve take ze big east regular season championship, und ve calls it eefen.

signed,
Ze Autobahn Huskies 2012-2013

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the question is how tall is he really? i'm not sure i see 6'8 there. i do a see a hybrid forward game but i'm not sure about the height. his game is on the outside and he drives ok. but his hl's look somewhat like gif and we know what his game is like.

caw

Reaction Score
the question is how tall is he really? i'm not sure i see 6'8 there. i do a see a hybrid forward game but i'm not sure about the height. his game is on the outside and he drives ok. but his hl's look somewhat like gif and we know what his game is like.

200 cm and 100 kilos from the website.

Translates to 6'6-6'7 and 220 lbs.

No clue if that's with or without shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom