UConn

Cincy
Louisville
Virginia Tech
UCF

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Based on what's going on right now in the "Possible Big 12 Invite rumors" thread, I'll throw out ADub to Dead & Company :p

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The Big12 is once again going to pass us up and add
Arizona
Arizona st
Utah
Colorado

Big10 adds
Washington
Oregon
Notre Dame
Duke
Virgina
UNC

Pac12 adds
SMU
Colorado State
Boise St
Gonzaga (bball only)
Wyoming (fball only)

ACC adds
Memphis
USF
Liberty(football only)
Nova (bball only)

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
The Big12 is once again going to pass us up and add
Arizona
Arizona st
Utah
Colorado

Big10 adds
Washington
Oregon
Notre Dame
Duke
Virgina
UNC

Pac12 adds
SMU
Colorado State
Boise St
Gonzaga (bball only)
Wyoming (fball only)

ACC adds
Memphis
USF
Liberty(football only)
Nova (bball only)
this is a Rule 1 blackpill if i've ever seen one

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Omg are you kidding me?

Reaction Score
Would be cool to see the PAC add Hawaii as football only and Gonzaga for all other sports.

That would give the PAC extra FB games for teams playing @Hawaii and come as close as possible to replacing UCLA BB

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
Would be cool to see the PAC add Hawaii as football only and Gonzaga for all other sports.

That would give the PAC extra FB games for teams playing @Hawaii and come as close as possible to replacing UCLA BB
Now THAT’S multiple timezone inventory baby!

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
Let’s say Oregon, Washington, Arizona, ASU, and Colorado leave the PAC-12. My assumption is that they will just merge with the MWC and keep the long-standing value of the PAC name, similar to the Big East situation. Fair to assume? I can’t imagine tossing away a century old brand

Reaction Score
Surprised Villanova to the Big 12 hasn’t been floated more broadly. Big if, but if UConn does go to the Big 12, and the conference is entertaining the idea of elite basketball schools to fill out conference (whether that be to get to 18 or 20), why wouldn’t the Big 12 go after Nova alongside Gonzaga?

Elite basketball, strong brand in the Northeast. Adds to BY’s vision of a national conference with elite basketball.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
Surprised Villanova to the Big 12 hasn’t been floated more broadly. Big if, but if UConn does go to the Big 12, and the conference is entertaining the idea of elite basketball schools to fill out conference (whether that be to get to 18 or 20), why wouldn’t the Big 12 go after Nova alongside Gonzaga?

Elite basketball, strong brand in the Northeast. Adds to BY’s vision of a national conference with elite basketball.
It was mentioned by someone, maybe in this thread, but if you get to a 16 team Big 12 (UConn, Arizona, ASU, Colorado) and go with four four team pods, you can add a non football member to each. I think the best combo would be Gonzaga, Villanova, Wichita State for the Western, Eastern, and Central pods respectively. Not sure who you would add for the Texas pod

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
It was mentioned by someone, maybe in this thread, but if you get to a 16 team Big 12 (UConn, Arizona, ASU, Colorado) and go with four four team pods, you can add a non football member to each. I think the best combo would be Gonzaga, Villanova, Wichita State for the Western, Eastern, and Central pods respectively. Not sure who you would add for the Texas pod
On reflection I feel like you just skip a Texas team, add Creighton, and figure out the pod arrangement later

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

Aside from the last MEGA reshuffle, this has just as much of an opportunity as everything else.

Reaction Score
POWER 3 + Notre Dame

SEC
Big Ten
Big12/Pac12
AlabamaIllinoisBaylor
ArkansasIndianaBYU
AuburnIowaCincinnati
FloridaMarylandHouston
GeorgiaMichiganKansas
KentuckyMichigan StateKansas State
LSUMinnesotaOklahoma State
Mississippi StateNebraskaTCU
MissouriNorthwesternTexas Tech
OklahomaOhio StateUCF
Ole MissPenn StateUtah
South CarolinaPurdueWest Virginia
TennesseeRutgersArizona
TexasUCLAArizona State
Texas A&MUSCCal
VanderbiltWisconsinColorado
ClemsonDukeOregon
Florida StateGeorgia TechOregon State
LouisvilleMiamiStanford
NC StatePittsburghUtah
Virginia TechUNCWashington
Wake ForestUVAWashington State

• Boston College and Syracuse lose power status and join AAC.
  • Non-Power Independents: Army, Liberty, UCONN, and UMASS.
  • If ND is forced to join Big Ten...Pitt to SEC, and Wake Forest to AAC.
  • All ACC schools moving to Big Ten are AAU institutions.
  • SEC gets two best football schools, but Big Ten gets two best basketball schools and expands footprint into FL, GA, NC, and VA.
  • Leaves Big Ten with only two West Coast schools...which is unlikely.
  • Would require an incredible amount of cooperation and compromise between conferences...so its fate is doomed.

Last edited:

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
I’m not a Siena fan, but as an Albany guy I’d love to see them make an A10 move to have at least a little interesting basketball locally. I feel the MVP Arena acquitted itself very well this March and deserves some bigger time basketball

Too bad UAlbany is locked in irrelevance.

Reaction Score
Go back to regional conferences with
Eight 10-team conferences. You play nine conference football games plus three out of conference.

Every conference winner makes the playoffs plus four wild cards (based on ranking, computer or committee…. we still need something to argue about) Top four seeds (something else to argue about ) get a first round bye.

In basketball regular season is a home and home for 18 conference games. rotate through top or bottom of other conferences for non conference games. Plus a few cupcakes not in the group of 80.

Big East:

UConn
Boston college
Syracuse
Rutgers
Penn state
Pitt
West Virginia
Maryland
Virginia
Virginia Tech

Love this conference for football and basketball. It has a big dog football program (Psu) and big dog basketball program. The basketball isn’t great at the moment but it could be. (This would also be good lacrosse conference.) plus it has great traditional rivalries.

Elsewhere, Go back to original Big 10 and PAC 10, back to the original Acc and southwest conferences. There would be a Mountain Conference ( Arizona, Utah Colorado etc) restore the American and a new national conference with the leftovers.

Some years ago I actually wrote it all down on paper and it appeared to work out really well for everyone except notre dame … so I guess it will never happen!

Reaction Score
Go back to regional conferences with
Eight 10-team conferences. You play nine conference football games plus three out of conference.

Every conference winner makes the playoffs plus four wild cards (based on ranking, computer or committee…. we still need something to argue about) Top four seeds (something else to argue about ) get a first round bye.

In basketball regular season is a home and home for 18 conference games. rotate through top or bottom of other conferences for non conference games. Plus a few cupcakes not in the group of 80.

Big East:

UConn
Boston college
Syracuse
Rutgers
Penn state
Pitt
West Virginia
Maryland
Virginia
Virginia Tech

Love this conference for football and basketball. It has a big dog football program (Psu) and big dog basketball program. The basketball isn’t great at the moment but it could be. (This would also be good lacrosse conference.) plus it has great traditional rivalries.

Elsewhere, Go back to original Big 10 and PAC 10, back to the original Acc and southwest conferences. There would be a Mountain Conference ( Arizona, Utah Colorado etc) restore the American and a new national conference with the leftovers.

Some years ago I actually wrote it all down on paper and it appeared to work out really well for everyone except notre dame … so I guess it will never happen!
MD and Penn State are not leaving the B1G.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom