Thoughts on last nites game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Thoughts on last nites game

Reaction Score
Firing on all cylinders. The treys. We had are feet set when we shot them thus shooting over 50%. We looked crisp. We looking confident. Our W-2s ( Williams and Walker) shot the ball well. They didnt defer to the Big 3. That breeds confidence and confidence breeds wins. Short and sweet. We shoot close to that from 3 ville and we wont loose a game.
Your second to the last line tells he whole story. They stopped deferring. When CW is hot she must shoot when she is open. The team needs that. She was hitting when the team went a bit cold. In cases like that --Keep shooting.
Nice phrasology!!

Reaction Score
Towson did a poor job of guarding the perimeter. So many open looks, and the shooters probably had enough time to order a pizza besides. A better team won’t let that happen. The moment when Mikayla drove to the basket was pure joy. Why doesn’t she do that more often? As for Liv, yeah she gets dumb fouls, but hey, she’s a freshman. Amazing team effort on the whole.

Reaction Score
While they were completing their shots with precision last night, I hope that this excellence does not stop and go into a dry spell after this result. The other thing is: how come Olivia did not play more than she did? While she was in there, she scored 7 points, I think. I personally enjoy watching her play and would like to see her play more. Also it was nice to see Micayla drive the basket and score a couple of times. She is a very quick young lady. I was impressed how she weaves through defenders to score. Nice to see.
2 quick fouls.

Reaction Score
2 quick fouls.

I enjoy second guessing Geno. Yes she had 2 fouls. She won't learn how to play with fouls, that day will come, if she is pulled. I'd prefer, in these lesser games to pull her, teach her, re-insert her. As we saw in the waning days of the AAC games she was a defensive force and needed against driving guards. She needs to FEEL the NCAA games so when she is needed she'll be ready. Yes, she was in the game during cleanup but that's not the same feel as with the starting 4-5. It become helter skelter rather than the precision of the 5, that she needs to learn to play with before the MD or UCLA or the return of Walz and company--she will be needed and must be ready.

Reaction Score
For all ofher undeniable potential, Liv, to my surprise and dismay, continues to launch shots in the paint from chest level...with a full season under her belt she remains a big player playing small on offense. This is especially puzzling because she certainly cannot be similarly “accused” on the other end of the floor. Gotta learn to go to the hoop decisively with the ball held HIGH, HIGH!!
Share your concern regarding ONO's lack of improvement. Azura had many of the same issues with keeping the ball low and slapping at blocked shots but showed improvement half way through season. Still believe ONO will get stronger and be a major contributor but these issues will determine whether or not she is a good player or All American.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom