Thoughts on Abby Meyers of Princeton | The Boneyard

Thoughts on Abby Meyers of Princeton

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
There are reports that Abby is or will be in the portal. She will graduate from Princeton in May, I believe. She would give us a tall, strong-shooting guard. She's a 2x Ivy POY. Any thoughts? I would want her--especially if she brings Chen with her.

Reaction Score
Meyers and Chen are unbelievably good. Either one can be good for us. How can Carl Berube find those two?

Reaction Score
After watching her against Kentucky, I’m giving Geno my official approval for bringing her in.:rolleyes: She is pretty impressive and would likely be a great addition if we can get her. Coming from Princeton, she’s obviously a fundamentally solid player and would likely fit in well here. I had thought she was for sure going to be in the portal? I guess it’s not, though? Here’s hoping!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reminds me a bit like a mini Caitlyn. Would be a nice addition. But I expect she’d want to get her Masters somewhere like Stanford or Cal. But who knows.
You can get a master at a lot of great schools on the east coast. Getting your bachelor degree is great at Princeton, Harvard, Stanford, Cal and Duke but tons of very high quality master programs at other schools. Katie Benzan (from Harvard) is getting her masters at Maryland.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
We have a lot of depth up front (since Geno has guaranteed us that Dorka is returning), but we could definitely use another player for next season at the guard position, recognizing we have two amazing guards showing up for 2023-2024.

A smart player who will pick the UConn system up quickly, plus being a shooter with ball handling skills.

Looking at Meyers, Hollywood couldn`t cast the part better than this.

If we don`t add her - hopefully the Berube connection counts for something - we would hopefully be looking for someone with the same skill set.

She wouldn`t start for us but she would be part of the mix, basically the role Evina has now.

Reaction Score
If she enters the portal for her 5th year…my thoughts Stanford and or ND will want her…Geno have your staff go after her…maybe a phone call to Carla might not be a bad idea either…

Reaction Score
I'm sure Gino has many thoughts, in regards to who are available & those who have not as yet announced officially, their future intentions!

Reaction Score
I know Myers supposedly had some kind of academic issue but that must have been solved because she is playing now..............she appears to have a great relationship with her coach and teammates, so if it isn't to win an NC at UConn why leave at all?:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Because the Ivy league did not play last year there is no free covid year and the Ivy League does not allow grad students an extra year, which is really messed up because the Ivy League was created as an athletic conference not as an elite academic association..

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I know Myers supposedly had some kind of academic issue but that must have been solved because she is playing now..............she appears to have a great relationship with her coach and teammates, so if it isn't to win an NC at UConn why leave at all?:rolleyes:
As a fellow Ivy league you should know best of all that both the Ivy league and the Patriot League encourage senior/graduates player to get on with life and not very accepting of graduate transfers or redshirt seniors. Ellie Mack was the Patriot League player of the year in 2020 and ended up transferring to Oregon State. I've been beating the Abby Meyers for UCONN drum for quite a few months now, since Kiki Rice decided to matriculate on the West coast. Abby will do very well at UCONN!

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
There are reports that Abby is or will be in the portal. She will graduate from Princeton in May, I believe. She would give us a tall, strong-shooting guard. She's a 2x Ivy POY. Any thoughts? I would want her--especially if she brings Chen with her.
Solid basketball player. If she goes into the portal, whatever team she goes too, naturally they see her as being a good fit for that program and she feels the same.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom