Thoughts/Commentary (long and mostly non-legal) on Geno Auriemma | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Thoughts/Commentary (long and mostly non-legal) on Geno Auriemma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't know how big a story this is in other parts of the country, but I attend SDSU and the local papers here in San Diego haven't had anything about it. Maybe once the Olympics begin something will happen, but so far there's been nothing here. Of course the local paper rarely even covers women's sports so that could be a reason why too.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The Notre Dame board (such as it is) has a thread with a couple of posts that would rival some on the Summitt (at least based on past history as I stay away from the Summitt).
The entire online fanbase is stirred up. Amazing how much vitriol 3 people can muster, huh?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Baylor has a thread, as well, and the majority of posters find it very hard to believe Hardwick's claims. Public support is overwhelmingly on Geno's side.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Really great post, Cam! I used to wonder why a Duke guy posted on the Boneyard so often, but over time I've come to enjoy your posts...mostly. anyways!

When I first started posting on sports message boards (2002), the Duke site did not have a separate women's section. So I would post on the ESPN, UConn, Tennessee, Stanford, and Texas boards (but mainly, ESPN, UConn, and Tennessee). Stopped posting on the ESPN board almost immediately (and only posting on ESPN's WNBA board between 2003 and 2005, when Rebkell developed). It was a place with which to communicate with other WCBB posters (and it was a place with a pretty active board that discussed other programs besides UConn as well as the WNBA). The Duke site later had a women's board, but I never stopped posting on the UConn and Tennessee boards.

Also, I have met a few Boneyard posters in person (EricSandiego, HuskyNan, and a few Mercury fans/season ticket holders whose screen names escape me at the moment), and we have always had a blast.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Cam for making it possible for me to say that one of my best friends is a Dukie with a straight face. :)

View attachment 880

That really is a great picture!

And if you look closely at the top of my sweatshirt on the left side of the picture (my right side), you can see the Boneyard pin that HuskyNan gave to me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom