Thoughtful Assessment of how our freshman integrate into our team | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Thoughtful Assessment of how our freshman integrate into our team

Reaction Score
You might recall Azura Stevens. She, too, was on the practice squad for a year. When she started playing the following year she was somewhat erratic and error prone. Geno explained it as necessary adjust to game conditions and practice squad minutes are not equivalent to game conditions. But no matter, our erstwhile sports reporter simply goofed when he lumped her with the returning 4.

True, but you are also comparing apples to oranges. Stevens was blocked by 2 All Americans in Gabby Williams and Collier. She still went on to be 2nd team All conference, 6th man of the year, and Newcomer of the year while posting a stat line that was almost identical to Collier's. Westbrook has nobody blocking her this year with the departure of Dangerfield, Williams is the only other proven pg UConn has on its roster.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
True, but you are also comparing apples to oranges. Stevens was blocked by 2 All Americans in Gabby Williams and Collier. She still went on to be 2nd team All conference, 6th man of the year, and Newcomer of the year while posting a stat line that was almost identical to Collier's. Westbrook has nobody blocking her this year with the departure of Dangerfield, Williams is the only other proven pg UConn has on its roster.

My point remains far simpler. Our fine young writer screwed up in counting Evina as a returning player. As far as no one blocking Evina, time will tell. I suspect she'd be more productive at the 2 spot.

Reaction Score
I think that Heather was a classic case of the "Big fish in a small pond". That is not meant as a negative. Players have no choice in scheduling or the competition they are playing against. I guarantee you that there is one of these players on just about every major men's or women's teams anywhere in the U.S.

Reaction Score
My point remains far simpler. Our fine young writer screwed up in counting Evina as a returning player. As far as no one blocking Evina, time will tell. I suspect she'd be more productive at the 2 spot.

I do agree with this, I think they need more of a creator and facilitator at the 1. I think come tournament time that Bueckers will be starting at the point, Williams 2, Westbrook 3, Griffen or Edwards 4, and ONO 5, with Makurat as the 6th man. Makurat is valuable as a 6th man because while being a natural 2/3, she can hold her own at the 1,2,3, and 4. This allows Geno to play the hot hand and gives him insurance from foul trouble.

Reaction Score
And just how is that BD?
Played some good defense...did not get major minutes..great student...could give the post players a little break when necessary..give high fives after made 3's..always deferred to her teamates....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom