Thon Maker Reclassifies to 2015 | The Boneyard

Thon Maker Reclassifies to 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r...997/thon-maker-planning-reclassify-2015-class

Was listed in the top 10 of the 2016 class. Seems like he's choosing between Kentucky, Kansas, Duke, Louisville, among others; so it seems unlikely he'll join us. I know there was contact with Thon's guardian from a member of our staff a while back. Anybody know if there has been any talks besides that?

and

for anyone who doesn't remember the guy.

Reaction Score
He isn't coming here and as of now I would have my money on him never playing college ball just slightly.

Reaction Score
Kid has bust written all over him. Some of the weakest hands I have ever seen. His Calves and legs were smaller than his arms.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Kid has bust written all over him. Some of the weakest hands I have ever seen. His Calves and legs were smaller than his arms.
High school aged Kevin Durant kindly disagrees. He has skill to match his impressive size. Hes only 18 years old, he still has nearly 7-8 years to grow into his body and even reach his physical prime.

Reaction Score
Ed Smith is his advisor. There's no way he'd ever send Maker to UConn.

I'm betting Maker never plays college basketball anyway. That's been the rumor for a while and I saw this on ESPN.com last week.

Empty house: Thon Maker made his second appearance in New England in as many weeks. And with all signs pointing to an official return to the Class of 2015 in the not-so-distant future for Maker, it was interesting that not one of the schools allegedly involved in his recruitment was there to watch him play. Maker's Orangeville Prep squad matched up Thursday night with the MacDuffie School -- a team featuring Kentucky head coach John Calipari's son, Brad -- and yet still there was no one from Kentucky, or anywhere else, there. It might be purely coincidental, but given the number of high-level programs still looking for big additions in the 2015 class, that doesn't seem totally logical. Instead, it could be an indication that not many of these schools really believe Maker is heading to college at all, regardless of when he ultimately graduates from high school.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
High school aged Kevin Durant kindly disagrees. He has skill to match his impressive size. Hes only 18 years old, he still has nearly 7-8 years to grow into his body and even reach his physical prime.

He's a good prospect with ridiculous potential but his skill level isn't in the same universe as Durant's was in high school.

Reaction Score
His mix tape is amazing. But I feel like every time I read a report about an actual game he's played in, he's always still "developing," i.e. at this stage he is still not very good. Amazing potential given his size, athleticism, and the basic skill set. But expecting frosh Kevin Durant is asinine.

caw

Reaction Score
His mixtape shows his potential but if a mixtape lied more about where a kid actually was, I'm not sure who it was. Even Drummond was further along from what I've been told.

As to UK, they think they are losing all their bigs but maybe one. Right now their one big recruit is also a bit of a question mark to actually play in college. I'm hoping Maker commits, all their bigs leave for the NBA and then both guys end up playing in Europe and skip out on UK. One can dream.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
His mixtape shows his potential but if a mixtape lied more about where a kid actually was, I'm not sure who it was. Even Drummond was further along from what I've been told.

As to UK, they think they are losing all their bigs but maybe one. Right now their one big recruit is also a bit of a question mark to actually play in college. I'm hoping Maker commits, all their bigs leave for the NBA and then both guys end up playing in Europe and skip out on UK. One can dream.
WCS, Lyles, and Towns(who is their best player on the team, not WCS) are definitely gone... Poythress is staying and i dont see Johnson and lee leaving... I also dont see any of the guards leaving although i wouldn't be surprised if the harrisons left bc they dont want to stay anymore...

caw

Reaction Score
WCS, Lyles, and Towns(who is their best player on the team, not WCS) are definitely gone... Poythress is staying and i dont see Johnson and lee leaving... I also dont see any of the guards leaving although i wouldn't be surprised if the harrisons left bc they dont want to stay anymore...

Booker is their only guard I would draft. I think it's 50-50 on Johnson leaving. Do agree on Lee. No clue on Poythress, word is he will graduate or already has.

Reaction Score
Booker is their only guard I would draft. I think it's 50-50 on Johnson leaving. Do agree on Lee. No clue on Poythress, word is he will graduate or already has.

Booker is a nice player. Neither Harrison is an NBA player. Lee should have left and gone elsewhere last year, wasted talent. Johnson, almost the same as Lee but he needs more time. Lyles gone? Don't see it yet - Stein and Towns - way gone!

Poythress should graduate and come to UConn.;)

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Possibly the most impressive mix tape I've seen. Who ever put it together earned their money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom