This Week Sucks | The Boneyard

This Week Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What was once one of my favorite weeks of the year, has now become just another week. The Thursday, Friday, Saturday night finals at The Garden are dead and some imposters are now playing there. No more Ray against G'town or Taliek from 35 feet to beat Pitt. I just feel so cheated that the best basketball conference of all time has been destroyed.

Reaction Score
It's OK. I used to fly in on my Spring Break to hang out with my brothers every year. This year they permanently changed our Spring Break to next week, which coincides with the NCAA tourney down the road. Hmmmmm.

Reaction Score
Same here. Always took this week off but with no BET changed to next week. Great time of year especially with post season for us!!!!

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
UCONN is playing in a post season conference tourney with 5 ranked, NCAA tournament teams with a chance to play themselves in to a top 4 seed. That my friends, is an awesome fricken week. Is it the BET? No, but nothing is. As a second option this ain't awful. Quit your whining and get on the mojo train.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Crying%2BBaby%2BNatural%2BHigh%2Bfor%2BSome%2BMoms.jpg

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
UCONN is playing in a post season conference tourney with 5 ranked, NCAA tournament teams with a chance to play themselves in to a top 4 seed. That my friends, is an awesome fricken week. Is it the BET? No, but nothing is. As a second option this ain't awful. Quit your whining and get on the mojo train.
Your absolutely right BUT this used to be the week for us New York UCONN fans that was friggin awesome! We had the chance to see our boys at the garden on back to back to back to back to back nights!

Reaction Score
Hey at least bcu finished another stellar basketball season tonight ending at 8 and 24. Way to go eaglets!

Hey!

They finished 14th out of 15 teams. It could be worse. They could have finished 15th like their women's team did.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Your absolutely right BUT this used to be the week for us New York UCONN fans that was friggin awesome! We had the chance to see our boys at the garden on back to back to back to back to back nights!
Totally understand. That was amazing for all of us. But, it's gone and we've got to move on. It's not BET but it is far from sucking.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
If BC cares at all about hoops they'll fire their coach and offer the farm to BC alum, Bruce Pearl.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
We weren't apart of the Big East for long but it was weird not seeing games on Wednesday afternoon from the Garden. I've never seen a conference intentionally manipulate when certain teams play based on the host school, that is a minor league move to me. The tournament will still probably be okay, nothing special though...

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If BC cares at all about hoops they'll fire their coach and offer the farm to BC alum, Bruce Pearl.

If BC cared about hoops at all, they'd drop down to the A10 or Colonial where they might finish around .500.

How come the recent rounds of conference realignment never involve a P5 conference booting out the trash?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Just sad.

Attachments

• image-421497344.jpg
    image-421497344.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 68
Reaction Score
What was once one of my favorite weeks of the year, has now become just another week. The Thursday, Friday, Saturday night finals at The Garden are dead and some imposters are now playing there. No more Ray against G'town or Taliek from 35 feet to beat Pitt. I just feel so cheated that the best basketball conference of all time has been destroyed.

You sure?

I'm currently watching GTown vs DePaul. Also watched Seton Hall vs Butler a couple hours ago. Tune into FS1 and you can enjoy some Big East basketball. Has been fun to watch so far. Tune in!

Reaction Score

Someone's got it right! This is the best week of the year. I love championship week. So much drama, so many games at all times of the day.... and we can top it all off with Connecticut's legitimate chances of earning a fourth seed. Lets go!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Anybody have inside info about plans to move MSG in 2023? They say Penn Stn is supposed to take over the site.

What are the chances it will happen?

Last edited:

zls44

Reaction Score
Georgetown...not good.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Anybody have inside info about plans to move MSG in 2023? They say Penn Stn is supposed to take over the site.

What are the chances it will happen?

Ignore the other idiot who was thoroughly confused by your question.

Ultimately, I think the Garden will have to move, but I would be surprised if it happens by 2023 - the lease limit says they have to either move in ten years or head back to the permit process. I doubt there will be a resolution in a decade.

Reaction Score
In lighter news, G'Town just went down to the older & new BE's perennial bottom-feeder.

Reaction Score
Ignore the other idiot who was thoroughly confused by your question.

Ultimately, I think the Garden will have to move, but I would be surprised if it happens by 2023 - the lease limit says they have to either move in ten years or head back to the permit process. I doubt there will be a resolution in a decade.

Why all the hate?

I initially read the question wrong...

But I agree with what you said. MSG spent a ton of money in renovations recently and its hard to believe that its only for a ten year period. They'll probably lobby the city to grant another 5-10 years

zls44

Reaction Score
BugsyCT said:
In lighter news, G'Town just went down to the older & new BE's perennial bottom-feeder.

@noescalators with some amazing tidbits. Their last BET game was a 19-point loss. TO RUTGERS.

Their last BET win? After their 0-18 season in 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom