This week’s upcoming AP Poll | Page 3 | The Boneyard

This week’s upcoming AP Poll

Reaction Score
I'd like to think we're all Miami fans now but that just can't be. We're a better team than we were just one week ago. Just build on that.

Reaction Score
Crazy for any non UConn fan to even consider ranking us

Cincinnati with a loss to Bowling Green and Vermont with a loss against Rider. I see us being above both of them

Reaction Score
Welp zero votes in the poll :(

Let's take care of business in December. If we are still unranked by New Years for the Cincy game we will be ranked after that game.

Reaction Score
Let's take care of business in December. If we are still unranked by New Years for the Cincy game we will be ranked after that game.

December is our biggest month in a while..... lets have a December to remember and the rest will take care of itself!

Reaction Score
You didn't quote the part where I talked about the lone voter.

If anyone thinks we deserved those points last week, then it's just an agree to disagree situation. Would it shock anyone for him to just say "oh they lost now they're out of my top 25."

I do disagree about why people disliked, but now UCDaveD is going to dislike every post I make until the end of time, so maybe there's no rhyme or reason to it.
He’s disliking everyone’s posts. It’s like he got an new toy. I’m just pretending he thinks he’s being ironic.

Reaction Score
The voters still have the stigma that this team gets lucky when they play a good team close. It’s beyond me that we are not ranked 5 spots below Florida and Xavier because we beat Florida, and we lost by 1 on 2OT to Xavier. How much closer can you get. Also both us and Florida beat Miami by 20+ (Us by 25 them by 20). So now you can clearly see how much this team is getting punished not just on the St. Joes fluke loss, but also the stigma that has been generated the last 3 years. The voters have to see how well we performed as of late getting Bouk back and now after Miami the team settling in and all of the pieces falling into place.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Yeah, no issue with the dislikes. There is a sense in which the first post I made could be seen as wrong (though it doesn't follow that because they got votes they necessarily will get votes next time). But since I wasn't taking the previous votes into account, I'll own it.
I wish I'd written, "Now that you own it, you've karmically cleared the way to be right on the poll" yesterday when I thought it.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Crazy for any non UConn fan to even consider ranking us

It's true. Who was in the Top 25 in the preseason? How about the first and second week? No one cares. Let the rankings be what they'll be. Just play the best ball you can one game at a time.

Reaction Score
In the long run, it’s probably better motivation for the team. Them against the World mentality helps, especially when you know you are as good, if not better than many of those top 25 teams.

Reaction Score
I don't care about votes in November. What I love is that I watched the team swap the lead early and then built a lead and stepped on their throats and won by 25 going away. It's the fight that will eventually get us the votes we have been longing for. Husky world is getting better.

Reaction Score
The eye test yesterday suggests this will be a ranked team, especially with Bouknight being this good, this quick. A few more wins and the votes will come.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
If we can have a perfect December there's no question we'll be ranked. One game at a time!
Not sure how December is going to move us up in any significant way while getting no votes currently.
vs Maine
vs Iona
Indiana (getting all of one vote in both polls) in MSG
vs Saint Peter's
vs New Hampshire
vs New Jersey Institute of Technology

That's a Syracuse schedule right there... If we go 5-1, that's a disappointment.

Reaction Score
Not sure how December is going to move us up in any significant way while getting no votes currently.
vs Maine
vs Iona
Indiana (getting all of one vote in both polls) in MSG
vs Saint Peter's
vs New Hampshire
vs New Jersey Institute of Technology

That's a Syracuse schedule right there... If we go 5-1, that's a disappointment.
I guess go undefeated and win by more than you were expected. We just have to stay clean till conference and Villanova

Reaction Score
If we were in the sec or acc and started the season ranked them we would probably still be ranked.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom