This week’s upcoming AP Poll | Page 2 | The Boneyard

This week’s upcoming AP Poll

Reaction Score
You have to put the team in your top 25 to vote for them.

I assume people disliking my post think they deserve votes, that they'd put them in their own top 25.
They already got votes. If anything that same guy will double down. We’ve been getting some National attention. Ppl saw the Xavier game. We’ll get votes

Reaction Score
They already got votes. If anything that same guy will double down. We’ve been getting some National attention. Ppl saw the Xavier game. We’ll get votes

I already acknowledged I didn't know someone voted for a team that got obliterated by St Joes (my hunch is that voter didn't realize they had), but that doesn't really change my assessment of what they deserve.

People can act like I hate the team or whatever if they want.

Reaction Score
I already acknowledged I didn't know someone voted for a team that got obliterated by St Joes, but that doesn't really change my assessment of what they deserve.

St Joes didn’t obliterate us, but I get your point. I don’t think you hate the team. Just making my point clear. Wether or not I think we’re top 25 or not(I do), I’m 99% positive we’ll recieve votes

Reaction Score
Actually kind of surprised so many people think we're a top 25 team.
I do. We pretty much beat Xavier. Had no bouknight (our best player) first three games. And we go 10 deep. If our guards just play normal , we re 6-0. We’re getting votes before Charleston - then we beat a good buffalo team by double figures , smash Miami by 25 and lost by a point to Xavier in double overtime in which we lost the game ourselves - how do we go backwards? I say definitely receiving votes. If Xavier would’ve beat us by 10 to 15 I would say no way but that Xavier game was an eye-opener for me as was the game today and how we responded with everybody playing well - best case scenario for coming out of there with two wins.

Reaction Score
I assume people disliking my post...
Newb wyestion here that is burning away in me. Not like I have a need to use it, but where is this dislike button? I don't see it.

Reaction Score
My position is not that this team can't get to the top 25. I don't think they'll regress. If they had beaten Xavier they'd almost certainly be in the 20-25 range.

@UCDaveD lol

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Newb wyestion here that is burning away in me. Not like I have a need to use it, but where is this dislike button? I don't see it.

I believe you have to hold the like button and it displays some other options.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
a) this week, 0 votes, maybe 1. Yeah, 2OTs vs X, but they hung in to win w/o their top 3 guys in OT.
b) not worried about it nor should anyone be
c) provided AG becomes more a disher and less an inside banger, this is a top 25 team in March. Let the new kids handle the inside scoring.

Reaction Score
This week doesn’t matter. Gotta keep grinding. Goal is and always has been conference champions

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
My position is not that this team can't get to the top 25. I don't think they'll regress. If they had beaten Xavier they'd almost certainly be in the 20-25 range.

@UCDaveD lol

True.

But here's some of what you wrote when someone said they thought they'd get voting recognition.

No votes. They don't deserve votes yet.

Thay'd already gotten them.

Is there a single person who isn't a UConn fan who would agree with you?

Whoever cast vote(s) previously?

Actually kind of surprised so many people think we're a top 25 team.

That wasn't the assertion being made.

You have to put the team in your top 25 to vote for them.

I assume people disliking my post think they deserve votes, that they'd put them in their own top 25 if they could vote.

Flawed assumption.

Reaction Score
Got to keep winning and we’ll get the recognition. Still need to show consistency over time. I like the Buffalo and Miami wins because those are the type of games are about learning to win. Buffalo- not folding under duress. Miami - keeping a foot on your opponent’s neck.

Reaction Score
True.

But here's some of what you wrote when someone said they thought they'd get voting recognition.

Thay'd already gotten them.

Whoever cast vote(s) previously?

That wasn't the assertion being made.

Flawed assumption.

You didn't quote the part where I talked about the lone voter.

If anyone thinks we deserved those points last week, then it's just an agree to disagree situation. Would it shock anyone for him to just say "oh they lost now they're out of my top 25."

I do disagree about why people disliked, but now UCDaveD is going to dislike every post I make until the end of time, so maybe there's no rhyme or reason to it.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Lets continue to play like they did vs Miami and things will take care of themselves
Quite frankly I am not sure if being ranked will be advantageous for this young team right now
I'd rather be ranked coming Selection Sunday

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Last week we were tied for 47th with about 6 team. This week it could be in the 38-32 range, IMHO

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
I already acknowledged I didn't know someone voted for a team that got obliterated by St Joes (my hunch is that voter didn't realize they had), but that doesn't really change my assessment of what they deserve.

Okay, and Kentucky got beat by Evansville. In the scheme of things I don't think that loss (to St. Joe's) carries a whole lot of weight, and certainly less and less if they continue on an upward trend. The Huskies will grab a few more votes this week but remain outside the Top 25.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You didn't quote the part where I talked about the lone voter.

If anyone thinks we deserved those points last week, then it's just an agree to disagree situation. Would it shock anyone for him to just say "oh they lost now they're out of my top 25."

I do disagree about why people disliked, but now UCDaveD is going to dislike every post I make until the end of time, so maybe there's no rhyme or reason to it.
Old "Blind Man Fat Fingers"? A definite UConn lean, maybe a Boneyarder.

You came out of the box strong to shut down any talk of votes, and eventually walked it back some when you took in some new info. Your finish point wasn't so far off from those criticizing you, and your frowny face is what it is, as long as you don't claim it comes as a surprise.

Reaction Score
Yeah, no issue with the dislikes. There is a sense in which the first post I made could be seen as wrong (though it doesn't follow that because they got votes they necessarily will get votes next time). But since I wasn't taking the previous votes into account, I'll own it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This tournament gave UConn a lot of national recognition. We were an afterthought before it began even with the Florida win. Now it’s not looked at as a fluke.

More importantly the team got a lot of experience that only a tournament can provide. The comeback thumping after a heartbreak loss, the amount of playing time and the contributions from the bench are critical.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
This week doesn’t matter. Gotta keep grinding. Goal is and always has been conference champions
I don't agree that this week doesn't matter as we're at a critical stage of development and gaining confidence which will prepare us for conference play. I do agree with the rest of what you said. Winning an AAC championship is the goal; so much so that the Huskies keep a photo of the trophy within eyesight at practices.

Reaction Score
the real question is where will we be ranked going into the cincy game on new years day with a potential 10-2 record?

hopefully go 6-0 in the meantime with Indiana at the garden the only real test

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom