This thread is hilarious | Page 9 | The Boneyard

This thread is hilarious

Reaction Score
Syracuse board advised me today that we targeted a stretch 4 because Mac, a center, told us he was uninterested in coming here.

Reaction Score
Syracuse board advised me today that we targeted a stretch 4 because Mac, a center, told us he was uninterested in coming here.
Not that I'd be interested in responding but if you feel you must you can tell them that UConn stopped recruiting Mac because they have enough big men for next year and were worried that taking another in the 2021 class might dissuade Clingan from coming to Storrs. On second thought, just forget it. Who needs to respond to those bozos?

Reaction Score

It's weird how he became uninterested immediately after we signed Sanogo. It sucks that we're just not desirable to recruits. Oh well, we had to settle for Johnson, a top 100 4* modern big with NBA potential and freakish length. Damn.

Reaction Score

#4 ranked recruiting class!? Not possible in the AAC. Where you at @7774?

I'm not convinced you two are actually that far apart on this. Were we able to get some good recruits in the AAC? Yes, being in that conference wasn't an absolute recruiting death sentence and we got as high as the #8 class (we're #4 now but will likely drop as other teams add players). Are we getting more and better recruits in the Big East? Early results are pointing in that direction. Hurley says its a factor. Recruits are saying its a factor. I'm going to go out on a limb and say its a factor.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I'm not convinced you two are actually that far apart on this. Were we able to get some good recruits in the AAC? Yes, being in that conference wasn't an absolute recruiting death sentence and we got as high as the #8 class (we're #4 now but will likely drop as other teams add players). Are we getting more and better recruits in the Big East? Early results are pointing in that direction. Hurley says its a factor. Recruits are saying its a factor. I'm going to go out on a limb and say its a factor.
Oh we are in fact apart. He/she laughs at me and claims conference isn't that big of a factor in recruiting, and I claim it's a huge factor. Without the BE, these kids don't all land here, and we're stuck being classified as a mid-major. They would get scooped up by Jay Wright, Kevin Willard, or worse yet, Ed Cooley. No top recruit wants to hear "we play ECSU, Tulsa, Tulane, and UCF...oh, and do your friends and family get ESPN U?" Gimme a break.

Reaction Score
Oh we are in fact apart. He/she laughs at me and claims conference isn't that big of a factor in recruiting, and I claim it's a huge factor.

Didn't Diggins and Sanogo both comment on our return to the BE being a factor in their decision? One of them talked about how great it was that their family could travel to more road games.

Opposing coaches complained that they couldn't use the AAC to negatively recruit against us anymore. "Do you know what it's like to play in front of 2,000 fans at Tulsa and ECU?" Paraphrasing...

Conference always matters but in our case it was even bigger when comparing AAC UConn vs other Northeast schools we're competing against. I mean, FFS we were losing out on recruits to Providence and Seton Hall and St. John's (granted a large part of that falls on KO's apathetic approach). It's one thing to lose out to Villanova or Syracuse or non-northeast bluebloods but to be consistently losing out to these mid-tier schools was troubling.

Sure, Hurley would have recruited better in the AAC than KO did but there's no doubt our classes will be better in the BE than if we stayed in the AAC. We aren't sniping someone like Diggins out of Nova's backyard if we're still in the AAC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom