This them will not survive in the Big East | Page 2 | The Boneyard

This them will not survive in the Big East

Reaction Score
This team will do much better in the Big East. It's a softer league. The AAC is big boy basketball that demands toughness.
You forgot to put lol at the end of your statement so everyone knows your kidding

Reaction Score
It wasn't long ago we started the following in a national championship
Kemba Jr
Oriahki So
Lamb Fr
Rosco Fr
Olander Fr
With no upper class leadership in that special PG role we are familiar with....we wait till we have that guy......and that may even be another 2 years.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Ollie was a great coach when he had Shabazz and Boatright. Let's see how Hurley's backcourt recruits develop, so far they look very talented.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Ollie was a great coach when he had Shabazz and Boatright. Let's see how Hurley's backcourt recruits develop, so far they look very talented.

It is truly pathetic how much of this fan base is incapable of giving Ollie any credit for winning a NATIONAL FREAKING CHAMPIONSHIP.

Reaction Score
This team would have an issue in any P5, Mountain West, AAC and vs high tier A-10
Even with the recruits he has brought in and will be coming in next year the same issue will come to play - UConn needs to get players who are bigger and stronger - DH loves the finesse guys and you can't win without muscle and grit - the only players on this team that has any real grit are Vital and Whalley but both are undersized when facing players in the AAC
Brown has size but lacks experience and Bouk needs to get a whole lot bulkier to withstand the physical play teams will be throwing at him
Men vs Boys - it's been that way since 2015 and unless he lands a huge big man with experience for next year it's going to be ugly again

You are off. The problem is the PG and the confidence level. We will improve next year and excel beyond. We need an alpha PG with some swagger. Right now, our best player is Vital, who has always been the consummate 6th man.

Reaction Score
It is truly pathetic how much of this fan base is incapable of giving Ollie any credit for winning a NATIONAL FREAKING CHAMPIONSHIP.
Weren’t all 5 starters recruited by JC, just sayin, what did KO accomplish on his own ..... without Shabazz as his point guard. The answer to that ? Is why most of this fan base will not give KO credit for 2014. And I think they are right .... KO sucked in just about every facet of his job as UConn coach.

Reaction Score
Weren’t all 5 starters recruited by JC, just sayin, what did KO accomplish on his own ..... without Shabazz as his point guard. The answer to that ? Is why most of this fan base will not give KO credit for 2014. And I think they are right .... KO sucked in just about every facet of his job as UConn coach.
KO came into a winning culture, created by Calhoun, and KO inherited players recruited by Calhoun under that culture. Napier was also incredibly talented leader who organized and ran plays and continued the Calhoun culture. KO was effective at motivating his players, at least in the beginning, and was deferred to Calhoun and others until 2014. We know what followed the next 4 years.

That’s the past, and unfortunately it’s going to take time before a new culture created by DH takes hold, along with recruiting the players that fit his culture. He has a rich basketball history, son of a Hall of Fame coach, Brother runs a successful program at Arizona State , and DH has had success turning around both Wagner and Rhode Island. If you’re able to turn Rhode Island into a top 25 tournament team with that level of talent, things look promising, once his recruits and culture take hold. He’s got 3 freshmen who look promising and 3 more next year. I don’t understand why people can’t understand that it takes time to re-create a culture, and recruit players that fit for your system. Let’s at least see where were at when he has both a freshman and sophomore class of Dan Hurley recruits playing under Dan Hurley culture before worrying that the sky is falling.

Reaction Score
Yeah, losing sucks but I would rather lose to Nova or Setan any day over south florida, a school that does not even take baskeball seriously.
You will probably be a very happy man.

Reaction Score
Imagine the result of this game without the frosh.
Akok outscores fellow starters Polley, Carlton and Gilbert (Do like the 8 to 3 Assist/TO) combined. Vital 3 for 10. No team can win this way.
Imagine if their main guy played too.

Reaction Score
It wasn't long ago we started the following in a national championship
Kemba Jr
Oriahki So
Lamb Fr
Rosco Fr
Olander Fr
With no upper class leadership in that special PG role we are familiar with....we wait till we have that guy......and that may even be another 2 years.
Just to be a turd but what about this team we crawled into the tournament and lost very early with.
shabazz so
Lamb so
Roscoe so
Oriakhi jr
Drummond fr

Reaction Score
We have 4 incoming players and some leaving. We will be better
I think after the last few games and if this continues Hurley will be done giving chances to those who don’t deserve to be here. I won’t name names but I suspect we will actually have more than 4 new guys next year. I’m thinking 5 or 6 now

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

because the players on that team will tell you he doesn’t deserve much credit.

Reaction Score
As others have, they are too soft and too small. I watched Marquette beat Villanova today. There is some real talent on those teams. We would get eaten alive against either of them.
We'll get to see it in 2 weeks at Nova, yay!!!

Reaction Score
This team is not next year’s team tho
Cole should be an upgrade over Alterique and Jackaon has a ton of talent but it's nowhere near enough. We need major overhaul type stuff for next year.

Reaction Score
This team will do much better in the Big East. It's a softer league. The AAC is big boy basketball that demands toughness.
The AAC is a disaster. Another year of 3 bids and doing nothing in the tournament.

Reaction Score
Just to be a turd but what about this team we crawled into the tournament and lost very early with.
shabazz so
Lamb so
Roscoe so
Oriakhi jr
Drummond fr
Pervfect straight man. The upper class leadership in that special PG role we are familiar with was in the oven.

Reaction Score
"Total Faith" may be a bit extreme. But based on his track record prior to Uconn, his Big East history, his recruiting record at Uconn so far and his family history, there is a lot to be optimistic about. It's not a guarantee though. Nothing is. What do you need? Coach K leaving Puke mid-season to become our next coach? Like others have said and is so obvious, this rebuild is more difficult than those in DH's past and will take a few more years.
I don’t know if Hurley is the guy. But there have been some troubling signs so far it seems to me. Poor preparation. Little or no year over year improvement to key guys. No discernible offensive strategy. He wouldn’t be the first and certainly not the last hot mid major coach to flame out at the next level if that’s what happens. It looks like this year is toast and it is only 2 games into the conference season. I don’t know that we can stand another 3 bad years so 20-21 is make or break for this coach.

Reaction Score
I don’t know if Hurley is the guy. But there have been some troubling signs so far it seems to me. Poor preparation. Little or no year over year improvement to key guys. No discernible offensive strategy. He wouldn’t be the first and certainly not the last hot mid major coach to flame out at the next level if that’s what happens. It looks like this year is toast and it is only 2 games into the conference season. I don’t know that we can stand another 3 bad years so 20-21 is make or break for this coach.
He's not going anywhere so you can think 20-21 is make or break for him, but it isn't.

Reaction Score
The ACC is too tough for the Huskies, that's why we're going to the ZBE.

Reaction Score

True he did coach them when they got there even as an assistant after all right? Pretty sure he had a lot to do with their games maturing through their careers since he was there the whole time.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You are off. The problem is the PG and the confidence level. We will improve next year and excel beyond. We need an alpha PG with some swagger. Right now, our best player is Vital, who has always been the consummate 6th man.
Sorry you are dreaming
You can have all the alpha pgs you want but if you have no bulk and no big men you are going no where in college baskeball these days
UConn's most complete player is Vital, it's best player is JB but JB is too slight, too timid and is inconsistent
Yeah the problem has nothing to do with no true 5 and 4 - it's only the PG - you are dreaming

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If you want to know how much KO meant to that team and how much he led them - please hunt down Bazz and/or his mother and ask them -find Kentan, Rodney and Tyler and ask them. I have had conversations with all these young men and they think very highly of KO and the job he did in that 13-14 season.
I have said many times, after the 14-15 season KO was not on top of his game at all and the results deserved a change

Reaction Score
We have 4 incoming players and some leaving. We will be better
Two incoming and two who are already on board practicing and competing every day. Much how Akok has benefitted, it will only be better for Springs and Cole as well.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It's not rocket science, his program started falling apart the moment Shabazz and Daniels left town. Every coach struggles when they cannot bring in talent, which as we are well aware of this point, was Ollie's down fall. Now Dan is baring the brunt of Ollie's incompetence in recruiting, but you'll never acknowledge that. Players win championships.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom