This team will never take the next step with Hurley as coach | Page 12 | The Boneyard

This team will never take the next step with Hurley as coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
1) So you are basing your opinion on one game against a bad team....sounds about right.
This is bad faith framing right out of the muntz playbook. Georgetown isn't a bad team. Just last weekend the sense was G'town would be a tough out, Ewing's got them playing pretty well. They just had a nice win against a team we lost to. The folks that rack and stack teams for money had UConn as 4 points better and UConn won by triple that. And your bad team comment is as ignorant as the one saying I based my opinion on one game.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Needs a semicolon, not a second comma.
FIFY

But otherwise, you are completely correct.
Technically, a period should be added at the end, as I have with your post, but, hey, it's just a message board, so let's not go overboard.?

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
So, I registered firehurley.com when he was hired. It's up for renewal in a couple weeks.

Should I renew it, or auction it off the to the sky is falling posters here?
Okay, it's hilarious that firehurley.com brings you to the Boneyard. Can we attach it to Nelson's profile?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Okay, it's hilarious that firehurley.com brings you to the Boneyard. Can we attach it to Nelson's profile?

Ha. Forgot about setting up the forward.

Reaction Score
This is bad faith framing right out of the muntz playbook. Georgetown isn't a bad team. Just last weekend the sense was G'town would be a tough out, Ewing's got them playing pretty well. They just had a nice win against a team we lost to. The folks that rack and stack teams for money had UConn as 4 points better and UConn won by triple that. And your bad team comment is as ignorant as the one saying I based my opinion on one game.
Lol

Reaction Score
Let me start by saying that when factoring in everything that Jim Calhoun is the greatest coach in the last 30 years. That being said I am always puzzled when people lionize him without bringing up that his offensive sets were nothing to write home about. He was all about defense. He recruited and developed dynamic players who could create their own shots. He never really had a system in place like a Jay Wright or JT 3. He kept it pretty basic and had guys who could hit shots and cover for others when they had a bad game. We currently have ONE player that can reliably get his own shot. It is unfair to compare anyone to Calhoun but I see a lot of similarities in Hurley. His guys play hard, they don’t get blown out anymore, and they can stymie a top 10 team defensively. Those to me are hallmarks of the Calhoun era. Hurley is by no means the second coming of Calhoun but look at where we were 4 years ago. We have even one more consistent offensive player this year and James healthy and we have 1 loss on the season and are firmly in the top 10. And guess what? We get those guys next year and the year after. The moping and delusion on this board is mind boggling sometimes.
You are so correct. The buzz always was that he wasn’t a very good offensive coach. There are so many similarities between Calhoun and Hurley.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
We definitely need more posts about the quality of the posting on this board. That will turn things around.
Turn what things around: the posting, the coaching, or the team play?
Define your terms.
Be the change...

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Hurley CRUSHED Georgetown. He is the greatest coach in college basketball history.
You may say things that are true, but God, virtually every one of your posts is awful for one reason or another. i hope you're more likeable IRL.

Last edited:

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
can someone stick a big fork in this miserable thread? the whole thing makes UConn fans (or at least BYers) look like a bunch of asshats.

Reaction Score
There have been a lot of Dan Hurleys in college basketball over the years. Ex-players that were super competitive, from the right coaching tree, and could recruit. The guys who get to the next level have all that and can coach on gameday too. The jury is still out on that with Hurley.
This is a very sane take.

Reaction Score
You may say things that are true, but God, virtually every one of your posts is awful for one reason or another. i hope you're more likeable IRL.
That's what I always say about freescooter.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The OP will be correct right up to the point where Hurley wins and OP is not correct.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
The OP will be correct right up to the point where Hurley wins and OP is not correct.
He won yesterday.

What's the "next step"? Being ranked (even if for a week), headed to the tourney, and nationally relevant again is a next step beyond where we've been lately over too many unwatchable years. The OP is already not correct.

Reaction Score
He just seems to push the wrong buttons over and over in close games. He's had enough time to prove himself. He's a much better recruiter than coach.
Don’t agree with you. JC didn’t move mountains in his first years. Dan has the fire and drive that made JC such a great coach - the rest will come. Toughness, grit and determination- that’s UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom