This team will never take the next step with Hurley as coach | Page 11 | The Boneyard

This team will never take the next step with Hurley as coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If you can't see his struggles with in-game coaching, you don't understand what you are watching.
Says the BB savant. The announcers out-of-blue started discussing what a good game Hurley was having, in-game coaching-wise. Gave example of his good coaching. Yet here you are with no examples, not only criticizing Hurley but good UConn fans. You Hurley Haters have lost the thread.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
We definitely need more posts about the quality of the posting on this board. That will turn things around.
I'm grounded enough to understand that's impossible.

As impossible as getting you to understand the vast chasm that exists between what you know, and what you think you know.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I'm grounded enough to understand that's impossible.

As impossible as getting you to understand the vast chasm that exists between what you know, and what you think you know.

There are many posters on this Board that can tell the difference between my basketball knowledge and the basketball knowledge of a casual fan. You and I agree that you are not one of those posters.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
There are many posters on this Board that can tell the difference between my basketball knowledge and the basketball knowledge of a casual fan. You and I agree that you are not one of those posters.
Ah yes. How can I ignore your legions of fans.

Maybe you should register nelsonmuntzpearlsofwisdom.com. Surely a fortune awaits.

Reaction Score
Ah yes. How can I ignore your legions of fans.

Maybe you should register nelsonmuntzpearlsofwisdom.com. Surely a fortune awaits.
Nelson could be a little more humble with his knowledge. It’s almost as if he is declaring himself “Mr. Wonderful”.

No, maybe not quite that bad.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
I don't think the problem is with Hurley. The problem was all the BB fans who demanded UConn go into the New Big East. UConn has to come up with a workable strategy to get into the ACC or similar conference.
Any chance for that left when the move to the BE happened, the move crashed any hope because the football team became irrelevant.

Reaction Score
He just seems to push the wrong buttons over and over in close games. He's had enough time to prove himself. He's a much better recruiter than coach.
Stupid post. Hurley has done an amazing job so far. He inherited poor talent from Ollie and has had very bad luck with major injuries to Akok , Bouknight , and Andre Jackson. Even with that black cloud hanging over his head he has kept our huskies competitive. There is no quit in our players despite the handicap. They play HARD! Wake up Boston Bay and go back to watching BC

Reaction Score
So top recruits would rather play in RI or NJ than Texas or Florida. How is Houston doing.
Yes, we largely recruit the Northeast, so kids would rather play in RI/NJ where their family can come watch them play.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Nelson could be a little more humble with his knowledge. It’s almost as if he is declaring himself “Mr. Wonderful”.

No, maybe not quite that bad.
Just to set the record straight, Mr. Wonderful is how a former student manager referred to Jim Calhoun while retelling a story about Mr. Calhoun's demeanor during a then current losing streak. The name stuck with me so I used it here.

Reaction Score
#268 and still I want to know what "the next step" is.

Reaction Score
And the best Shark on shark tank....
And let's not forget Matt Dillion
220px-Mr._Wonderful_Poster.jpg

Reaction Score
Just to set the record straight, Mr. Wonderful is how a former student manager referred to Jim Calhoun while retelling a story about Mr. Calhoun's demeanor during a then current losing streak. The name stuck with me so I used it here.
This little anecdote is high comedy and this thread should’ve ended here thanks for sharing and I’m probably going to borrow this??

Reaction Score
Says the BB savant. The announcers out-of-blue started discussing what a good game Hurley was having, in-game coaching-wise. Gave example of his good coaching. Yet here you are with no examples, not only criticizing Hurley but good UConn fans. You Hurley Haters have lost the thread.
1) So you are basing your opinion on one game against a bad team....sounds about right.

And I am not a Hurley Hater. I also don't think he is a deity. He is early in his Uconn tenure. Too early too have a lot of final opinions of him in either direction. But if you feel his is a good tactician, good for you. I disagree, but I beleive he is improving. Not to mention, added talent on the team will cover up some of his coaching weaknesses. I don't expect him to be perfect. He has weaknesses like everyone else. He is also a damn good recruiter. He has strengths, just like everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom