This team will never take the next step with Hurley as coach | Page 5 | The Boneyard

This team will never take the next step with Hurley as coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Suddenly, I miss @Chief00
Name blacked out, no more KC football team thong, no search functionality, and no Twitter account. I suppose there are consequences to threatening legal action to information hosts.

First Tim McCarver retires, Joe Morgan passes, and now this. Wherever will the sports fan be able to consume common knowledge wrapped in faux insider delivery, going forward?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Because we've had three major injuries and three covid pauses. It's really hard to take you seriously.
So what does it say about Hurley that if none of those things happened, we would be a 3-4 seed?

Reaction Score
You mean the best defense in the conference?
Big East is not great this year in all honesty . If this is the type of offensive team we’re gonna be we really gotta step up on defense . If you can’t see that take of your Hurley blinders .

Reaction Score
It really is. A guy wins a national championship for UConn and this fan base rips him a dozen new ones every chance it gets.

Fun fact: How many schools outside the P6 conferences have won a national championship in the last 30 years? (I will give you a hint, it is one school.)
Nelson did you watch his last 3 seasons or were you too busy writing posts defending Ollie?

Reaction Score
Hurley chose not to schedule extra games during those breaks. We could have gotten 2-3 more games easily.
I agree with you here. I still can’t get over Hurley going on and on about how the pause after the Butler game hurt his team. “It didn’t help us. We need games!” Bs. They were practicing and That pause saved them from losing to Nova and St. John’s without Bouk which would have certainly had us squarely out of the ncaa’s baring a BET win. And if they needed game action so bad why haven’t they been more aggressive seeking out games? UNC took to Twitter this week and got 2 games scheduled. Apparently it’s not that hard. While Hurley has some legit excuses to use (he’s certainly played the injury card any chance he got) he seems to make a ton of them. The CT dept of health was just an excuse for the seton hall loss. And it was a bad one.

it’s still too early to answer the OP’s question. But even the biggest Hurley apologists will have to admit a game like tonight (a must win with ncaa implications against a team playing well on the road) will be very revealing to let us know the answer.

Reaction Score
I watched the Syracuse game against Duke yesterday. I hope we can all agree Boheim is a Hall of Fame coach. However this year his team sucks because he does not have the thoroughbreds. It is the same with Hurley. The game against Villanova showed me we just do not have enough quality players this year to compete with the elite teams. We have to get players who can play right away and not players with raw talent that we hope will develop into decent players.

Reaction Score
Yes, that was clear when you were acting like we have one of the worst offenses in the country despite it not being true.
The only reason our offensive ratings are decent is because we have good offensive rebounding numbers . Nothing to do with good sets or execution.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
The only reason our offensive ratings are decent is because we have good offensive rebounding numbers . Nothing to do with good sets or execution.
Our offensive rating is only good because we do something well on offense. Got it!

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
So what does it say about Hurley that if none of those things happened, we would be a 3-4 seed?
From where we were a couple of years ago to being a 3 or 4 seed. I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Reaction Score
We won a national championship in 2014 with the 39th ranked offensive rating.
Yes I said with offensive rating in this area you need an elite defense to win . 2014 was 10th in D and the current D is moving in wrong direction .

Reaction Score
Big East is not great this year in all honesty . If this is the type of offensive team we’re gonna be we really gotta step up on defense . If you can’t see that take of your Hurley blinders .
I've been accused of being too hard on Hurley and having Hurley blinders on in the same week. Lmao, only the boneyard

Reaction Score
We gave up 68 points to the 5th ranked offense in the country. Our defense is fine.
Points allowed is irrelevant . Nova plays one of slowest paces in country. They were consistently getting anything they wanted .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom