This team will never take the next step with Hurley as coach | The Boneyard

This team will never take the next step with Hurley as coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He just seems to push the wrong buttons over and over in close games. He's had enough time to prove himself. He's a much better recruiter than coach.

Reaction Score
I am a KO guy. Thought he deserved another year. I say that as a qualifier to this. Hurley is coaching at a higher level than he ever has before. He is going to get outcoached at times as he gains experience. No substitute for experience. Last year I was ready to write him off and he had the team ready for a post season bid. We are now stuck with him either way, unless he breaks some rules.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am a KO goy. Thought he deserved another year. I say that as a qualifier to this. Hurley is coaching at a higher level than he ever has before. He is going to get outcoached at times as he gains experience. No substitute for experience. Last year I was ready to write him off and he had the team ready for a post season bid. We are now stuck with him either way, unless he breaks some rules.
Would love to hear your case as to how KO deserved another year. He drove this program into a ditch that it is STILL not out of. It was obvious he didn’t give a F and also had no clue.

Reaction Score
Would love to hear your case as to how KO deserved another year. He drove this program into a ditch that it is STILL not out of. It was obvious he didn’t give a F and also had no clue.
That ship has sailed. My intent was only to qualify my opinion.

Reaction Score
I am a KO guy. Thought he deserved another year. I say that as a qualifier to this. Hurley is coaching at a higher level than he ever has before. He is going to get outcoached at times as he gains experience. No substitute for experience. Last year I was ready to write him off and he had the team ready for a post season bid. We are now stuck with him either way, unless he breaks some rules.
KO was abysmal, and that's being kind.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
2018 - UConn finished 179th in Kenpom. Hurley’s URI team finished 52nd.
In his first season in 2019 he moved us to 98.
Last year we finished 52nd.
This year we’re at 35th.

Our best players are freshman and sophomores.
Our recruiting classes continue to improve.

But yes let’s absolutely lament not getting to the “next level.”

Reaction Score
Season 5 No GIF by The Office

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I like this thread. We should keep it. Couple questions op, can you point to specific examples on thing you think Hurley should fix? Second, after you point to those specific examples please point to coaches you believe can fix them. I’ll hang up and listen.

Reaction Score
This can't be a serious thread. We are on the rise. Undoubtedly going in the right direction. What is the expectation? Never lose? Not even to national contenders?

Go root for the women's team. They always win.. You'll love it.

Reaction Score
He’s done a great job moving us up year over year. He will have us in the top 25 consistently. That said, he has some real weaknesses in game management that he needs to work on if he wants to get us to an elite status. Every rung upwards gets harder to climb. There is work to do on all fronts.

Reaction Score
Did the OP really start this dumb thread? Give him at least 4 year cycle to get all of Ollie's players out of the program. They are all backups at best. If we see Dan Hurley starting to reach for Kwintin Williams players to fill his roster than we can talk.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
This can't be a serious thread. We are on the rise. Undoubtedly going in the right direction. What is the expectation? Never lose? Not even to national contenders?

Go root for the women's team. They always win.. You'll love it.
Guess what board the op usually posts on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom