This team just doesn't have it | Page 2 | The Boneyard

This team just doesn't have it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Svet, we're speaking about refs?????
sorry was trying to quote the guy you did
the one that said
"1. the refs didn't call half the fouls Stef made. I do think they starting calling stuff that was allowed earlier in the game.
2. Stef has 10 (ten!) turnovers. The team was better with Morgan in. At least Morgan drove to the basket instead of shooting from the perimeter."
I agree with your take:)

AllAmerRedHeads

Barnstorming America author
Reaction Score
Some losses this year and maybe not what we have been in other years. Yet this is the kind of year, that would make it all that much sweeter to win it all.

This fan hasnt given up.

Reaction Score
Ok as a newer fan I sadly missed the years of greatness (seen highlights/old games read books etc) so I know what things were like (at least to a point). In this case my lack of being spoiled by success allows me to not compare this team to the greatest of all time. Look we are the number 3 team. We deserve to be number three, not 2 or 1 but number 3. Do you guys honestly think there was no way we could win tonight? This team is not favored to win like those in the past but any team who takes the number one team in the conference to triple OT can beat them. Are we like the old teams where we expected to win every night? No, but that does not mean we are not good enough to upset a team like N.D. Again I do not think we beat Baylor but these guys? I think we will take at least one from them.

the big problem with your statement is that they had them beaten in first OT, but failed miserably at the stripe. They were up 6 with BS at the line for free throws. CLANK . Nd scores. BS at line again CLANK. ND scores again. Faris at the line CLANK. ND scores again tied up. 2nd OT samo samo. Just can't close out games with a killer instinct. ND grabbed the lead in OT 3 and never looked back. How come?

Reaction Score
the big problem with your statement is that they had them beaten in first OT, but failed miserably at the stripe. They were up 6 with BS at the line for free throws. CLANK . Nd scores. BS at line again CLANK. ND scores again. Faris at the line CLANK. ND scores again tied up. 2nd OT samo samo. Just can't close out games with a killer instinct. ND grabbed the lead in OT 3 and never looked back. How come?

I have to admit the quoted post is very hard hitting in its description of where and by what means defeat was snatched from the jaws of victory. I wonder, though, what real purpose is served by reminding us just how victory was allowed to slip away? In particular, I wonder what good can come from naming players who missed FTs. And not merely mentioning it, but calling it by the term CLANK. That hurts.

Why not just say key free throws were missed by usually good free throw shooters?

We all agree we want the team to win the next mine, right?

U

UCONNfan1

I have to admit the quoted post is very hard hitting in its description of where and by what means defeat was snatched from the jaws of victory. I wonder, though, what real purpose is served by reminding us just how victory was allowed to slip away? In particular, I wonder what good can come from naming players who missed FTs. And not merely mentioning it, but calling it by the term CLANK. That hurts.

Why not just say key free throws were missed by usually good free throw shooters?

We all agree we want the team to win the next mine, right?
Why? Because this isn't girl scouts where everyone is a winner. No one is saying they don't "love" the players or respect how hard they work. People are pointing out the lack of mental toughness and sloppy play that helped cause the loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom