This team hurt badly by the loss of Gilbert last two years | Page 3 | The Boneyard

This team hurt badly by the loss of Gilbert last two years

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Couple things. First - I miss VJ. I think he's exactly what this team needs. However, lets not get carried away. This kid's best option was New Mexico. If he was so good, why isn't he on an ACC team? or Big 12? or Big 10? or SEC?

Second - re:Gilbert. Have people heard of rust? Try not shooting a basketball for a year then tell me how good you are at it? It takes time. Gilbert is obviously talented. The shoulder obviously wasn't 100% and he was obviously rusty.

Reaction Score
the dumpster fire crowd only mention injuries when they happen to one of our opponents, then we're lucky to be playing them without "so and so" or we're lucky THEY were depleted

PS: the evidence that we're better with Gilbert was our 4-0 start beating Oregon in Oregon and then leading MSU for most of the first half before he was injured. If somebody can't see or acknowledge that, then they're not really capable of a rational discussion.

This team would be better if it had Gavin Edwards on it, so what.... In a small sample size UConn was able to beat a 90 RPI team and keep it close for a half against a top team. The team is better with him agreed. How much better you thinking? Nit, Tourney, winning record, top 5 AAC?

Reaction Score
the dumpster fire crowd only mention injuries when they happen to one of our opponents, then we're lucky to be playing them without "so and so" or we're lucky THEY were depleted

PS: the evidence that we're better with Gilbert was our 4-0 start beating Oregon in Oregon and then leading MSU for most of the first half before he was injured. If somebody can't see or acknowledge that, then they're not really capable of a rational discussion.

Gilbert is going to end this debate next year
Nobody is saying we wouldn’t be better with Gilbert. We would. The question is really how much better and given all the issues this team has many of us don’t think he is the difference between an under .500 season and a trip to the NCAA tournament. And I haven’t seen anyone make the claim that we were lucky to play without their star player. Finally the 4-0 start? Have we fallen so far that wins over Cogate, Stony Brook and BU are considered big deals? Maybe after last year’s early season follies they are. I assume we beat teams like that. Oregon was a nice win but let’s be serious. They aren’t exactly favored to win the national championship.

Reaction Score
Couple things. First - I miss VJ. I think he's exactly what this team needs. However, lets not get carried away. This kid's best option was New Mexico. If he was so good, why isn't he on an ACC team? or Big 12? or Big 10? or SEC?

Second - re:Gilbert. Have people heard of rust? Try not shooting a basketball for a year then tell me how good you are at it? It takes time. Gilbert is obviously talented. The shoulder obviously wasn't 100% and he was obviously rusty.
It’s not that Jackson is great player
Neither is Vital . (Vital has developed for a throw away recruit at 200. ) Jackson would be the best pure shooter on the team but more importantlyly a third option which changes the way teams defense us. If someone stepped into his role his loss would be minimal
No one has and we are what we are.
I believe I have explained how Gilbert makes us a better team.,in one word Defensec

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
. And I haven’t seen anyone make the claim that we were lucky to play without their star player

It's been said many many times and many ways. This year it hasn't been touted as much because those folks have just zeroed in KO's every breath and movement.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I mean its a no brainer 9 man rotation

Gilbert at PG
Adams SG
V Jackson SF
Larrier F
Durham C

Enoch
Vital
Whaley
Andersen

Wed be 18-7 or maybe slightly better.

So this is what we've been reduced to? Pining for 18-7? If this program were a race horse they'd end it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So this is what we've been reduced to? Pining for 18-7? If this program were a race horse they'd end it.
18-7 with six games left would be a helluva lot better than where we are now. That would be a likely NCAA bid, assuming at least a few more regular season wins before the AAC tournament.

Where we're at now, winning the AAC tournament is the only chance we've got, and that ain't happening.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom