This team cannot win without Carlton. Period. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

This team cannot win without Carlton. Period.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Calhoun would have sent this message a long time ago, I have no problem with sitting kids at all. If they're not man enough to grow up and learn, then we're not winning with them to begin with

Hurley has to start sending more messages to more players more often. You want time? Bring it and stop making the same mistakes game after game after game

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
What I’m afraid of is that Josh has reached his basketball potential and skill limit.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't think there is a big gap between any of the top 10 players right now, so no one is irreplaceable. I do think Hurley needs to better match the game plan to the talent UConn has.

Reaction Score
Team has zero chance without an effective Carlton, big guy in the middle. . We have no backup center to him and please don't tell me it's Whaley or Sid or Akok because we need them but those guys are not centers. That's like a baseball team saying we're going to play without a shortstop.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Hurley got the credit for Josh winning MIP player in the league last year.

Guess he has nothing to do with what we are watching this year.
Right it has nothing to do with what is happening this year. In the interim, Josh has put on 25 pounds of muscle (?) and plays like a 160 center. he has skills that he doesn't know how to use and no center to develop them against. I haven't been to practice but I'll bet he dominates because he is a team unicorn. He is the only size and heft present. I'd like to get some football player to come in and beat on him a while. Teach him how to inflict his will upon someone. You can't learn that in games.

Reaction Score
wow gee. thank you so much for your analysis. i wonder how you came up with the fact that we never got Kofi.

He is right. You came up with the "obvious" guy who would make the difference who will never wear the uniform so who cares? Let's talk about what we have or what we don't have. Call me a moron again but LIUConn is heading in the right direction.

We are better against smaller foes with Whaley playing because Josh can't leave the middle and be effective on D. And despite his size advantage on O he is suddenly playing 6'6 when posting up and never leaving the ground to score the ball. This is a kid who made us excited about his improvement the last 3rd of the year last year. With a summer to add muscle and more game, explosion to his repertoire how could we not hope we'd have a better product yet watch the games. He runs uninspired dragging his feet never lifting them unless he's actually running. Hardly ever see him explode to a post to get the ball it's a lean against his defender and try to push him out of the way. Move dammit show us you care about this team. Like someone said above this is on the staff too, what was missing during the summer and pre season? He's not the same kid and he shouldn't be, he should be better!!!!

Reaction Score
What I’m afraid of is that Josh has reached his basketball potential and skill limit.

Maybe he did last year but he's not even THAT guy now CTB. He's regressed dramatically how?

I agree with everyone, we need him to be that guy or the one we hoped for which showed up vs Indiana. But heck, he's not the only one who we can say that about. Why?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Maybe he did last year but he's not even THAT guy now CTB. He's regressed dramatically how?

I agree with everyone, we need him to be that guy or the one we hoped for which showed up vs Indiana. But heck, he's not the only one who we can say that about. Why?
Also very true mau. Also I’d rather him be consistency average (10 and 7 say) vs. inconsistently have a good game here and a few clunkers.

This team needs a wake up call.

Reaction Score
Yea we need good Carlton not I can’t jump 3 inches and miss every single layup and get out rebounded by a white guy carlton
What does skin color have to do with anything? Wow, racist folks in the yard.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He's playing differently. He's slower, jumping even less. Implication is he gained too much weight. On top of that Hurley is not using him as a back to the basket post player, which is where his skillset fits.

As evidence, I submit the following:

Reaction Score
He's playing differently. He's slower, jumping even less. Implication is he gained too much weight. On top of that Hurley is not using him as a back to the basket post player, which is where his skillset fits.

As evidence, I submit the following:

Thanks. I hate mixtapes . . . . . . . but that's me.

Reaction Score
Thanks. I hate mixtapes . . . . . . . but that's me.
The coaching needs to improve along with players . Coach seems to be pretty stubborn and refuses to see whats happening on the court.

Reaction Score
Did Hurley have any good post players in his previous coaching stop(s)?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom