This Summer | Page 4 | The Boneyard

This Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Last night I heard Chief singing this...

But he wasn't saying Amarillo, he was saying Power Five

C

Chief00

I predicted this in May before Big 12 Expansion was a daily topic. Look at all that's happen since and UConn presentation and Non disclosure agreement happened this summer. So there was a lot of meat to it. Things I did not fully consider or understand back in May:
- The UT desire for a campus in Houston and that political deal
- The extent of the push backs from the networks - it was more complicated than what the contract allowed to be monitized with 4 teams
- The circus show called the Big12 - no circus like that has ever existed in CR - with all these presentations etc.
- UConn's inability to sell itself better than Cincy or outwork them with the other Prez's
- I still see us moving as I said previously Big East is backup plan
- And it's not over

Reaction Score
I predicted this in May before Big 12 Expansion was a daily topic. Look at all that's happen since and UConn presentation and Non disclosure agreement happened this summer. So there was a lot of meat to it. Things I did not fully consider or understand back in May:
- The extent of the push backs from the networks - it was more complicated than what the contract allowed to be monitized with 4 teams
- The circus show called the Big12 - no circus like that has ever existed in CR - with all these presentations etc.
- UConn's inability to sell itself better than Cincy or outwork them with the other Prez's
- And it's not over
Since you claim yourself as an "insider" please shed some light on this...because so far I'm calling BS on your self-proclaimed "insider" status/knowledge! Everything you write in this post is readily available and know if you use Google or follow CR on Twitter.

Reaction Score
I said early as last summer that if the Big 12 wanted to make a bold move they would add 4 to 6 teams. Doesn't mean I have inside info or that I'm smarter than anyone. I'm just one of thousands with an opinion.
In my opinion, the Big 12 would need to make a bold move like that to ensure its survival. Sure, the football would be diluted somewhat at least short term, but having Texas and Oklahoma come to the northeast would certainly be a huge draw. And it would actually strengthen the conference in the other sports. Any expansion less than 4 programs makes me think Texas is a short-timer, as is the Big 12.

Reaction Score
- I still see us moving as I said previously Big East is backup plan
- And it's not over

Did you know those things on August 14th, when you said you 'stood by' your claims?

C

Chief00

Chief is on a roll lately. P5 in the next 12 hours and Ollie can't recruit without Bunky only to have MAL commit 12 hours later.
Never said that about Ollie - I said it would be a transition without Bunk - and it was - dry for 6 months. I said the Ham reclass thing would need to be resolved and then KO back from Team USA and school in session and things would pick up. I correctly predicted MAL would sign when he did.

On basketball pretty much on target. Not dealing with Big 12 circus.

C

Chief00

Did you know those things on August 14th, when you said you 'stood by' your claims?
Quite frankly - and I know it shouldn't - the Big 12 ability to double down on the circus atmosphere never ceases to amaze me.

Reaction Score
@Chief00 you are funny how you pick and choose what posts you respond to. I will say this...IMHO you are the Boneyard version of the DudeofWV! You throw anything and everything against the wall and at some point it will stick. Then you go back..pat yourself on the back and say "SEE I TOLD YOU SO".

Reaction Score
Chief lamented Suzy bombing the B12 presentation a week or two before it actually took place. Peak Chief was reached.
@TRest I forgot @Chief00 is the leader of the Susan Herbst Haters Club. He is a complete tool!

Reaction Score
husky sad.jpg

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Never said that about Ollie - I said it would be a transition without Bunk - and it was - dry for 6 months. I said the Ham reclass thing would need to be resolved and then KO back from Team USA and school in session and things would pick up. I correctly predicted MAL would sign when he did.

On basketball pretty much on target. Not dealing with Big 12 circus.

Quite honestly, I post mostly here on this conference realignment board and rarely elsewhere so I don't see everything you've written. I had understood from other posts that you had said Ollie can't recruit without Bunky. If you didn't say that, I apologize.

Reaction Score
Quite honestly, I post mostly here on this conference realignment board and rarely elsewhere so I don't see everything you've written. I had understood from other posts that you had said Ollie can't recruit without Bunky. If you didn't say that, I apologize.

It's quite frankly!

C

Chief00

@TRest I forgot @Chief00 is the leader of the Susan Herbst Haters Club. He is a complete tool!

When did I say I "hated" anyone?
You seem like someone in search of safe space on a college campus where anyone who disagrees with you is a "hater".

C

Chief00

Chief lamented Suzy bombing the B12 presentation a week or two before it actually took place. Peak Chief was reached.

You are wrong - there was a preliminary package sent to the Big 12 which did not hit the right keys. This was before the in person presentation in Dallas. They used the preliminary presentation package to select the finalists for the in person presentation. Basically - the objective needed to be to move past Cincy - if 2 teams are selected - there is little evidence that happened.

Reaction Score
You seem like someone in search of safe space on a college campus where anyone who disagrees with you is a "hater".
This might be your most profound post ever .
It has been CONFIRMED
You are the proud recipient of the coveted AZHukiePop award for most improved poster ,I 'm proud of you and keep up the good work

Reaction Score
Dallas News
You are pretty clear about your feelings here...but then again don't let your bulls**t get in the way of a good story. Still waiting on your "insider" info

Reaction Score
You are wrong - there was a preliminary package sent to the Big 12 which did not hit the right keys. This was before the in person presentation in Dallas. They used the preliminary presentation package to select the finalists for the in person presentation. Basically - the objective needed to be to move past Cincy - if 2 teams are selected - there is little evidence that happened.
So the preliminary package to determine who the finalists were didn't work, other than the fact that we were finalists. Got it.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
So the preliminary package to determine who the finalists were didn't work, other than the fact that we were finalists. Got it.
We got to present, but we were on double-secret probation at the time. Because of the faulty package.

C

Chief00

Finalists along with multiple others but not the leaders - if there are 2 additions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom