This Summer | The Boneyard

This Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

I believe UConn will be invited to P5 in the next few months. Most likely ACC - while I have never been a huge fan of the ACC - I am hearing SEC needs to add a team to open TV contract and that would be a driver. So could be chain reaction.

Of course the Big 12 is in play - personally that's my least favorite option since Texas or OK will likely leave.

Not hearing much on the Big 10 since their new TV deal.

Personally, I like the SEC and that's not totally insane as some might think. That's the conference we would add the most to in terms of footprint and market. I have been saying that for a couple years and others are finally seeing that distant vision in the clouds.

Ironically, we are finally in the drivers seat. I think most of our fans would like the ACC. Either way the SEC will be the driver picking an ACC, Big 12 team or long shot us. Most likely the backfilling will be our ticket.

Reaction Score
The SEC has 14 teams, why would they go to an unbalanced league with 15 teams?

These other leagues have GORs, who are they taking exactly?

Reaction Score
The SEC would take Florida State, Clemson or Miami over us. Who the heck are you listening to? Andre?

The only way we'd even be considered by the SEC is if they go to 24+ schools. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Just play the music of the summer...

Cue up Jimmy Cagney...

I'm the kid that's all the candy,
I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy,

or

Cue up Dean Martin...."I'm just a face without a name, just walkin' in the rain....goin' back to"

Or...cue up Chuck Berry

"Long distance information, give me Memphis Tennessee,
Help me find the party trying to get in touch with me"

C

Chief00

You guys are the typical Boneyard tangent. My prediction in my post was UConn to P5 before end of summer - most likely ACC.

The Big Ten TV deal has changed the landscape - there is speculation that SEC may try to open up their TV contract using adding team(s) as a vehicle to achieve objective.

pj

Reaction Score
Oklahoma and UConn to the SEC? If they can't raid the ACC or get Texas due to ESPN affiliations, then those would be the two best available options.

I don't think the timing would be right for it to happen this summer though. Oklahoma has to wait out its GoR.

Reaction Score
If it's UConn and OU to the SEC I'm sure they'd probably put us in the east division but I'd want the west. I would would want to be playing Alabama, Auburn and LSU every year.

C

Chief00

What are you hearing about the Pac-12, Chief?

As Trump would say everything is on the table. But, PAC 12 is very not likely. ACC or Big 12 most likely now. SEC strategically the most creative and biggest winner.
Bottom-line the psychology has recently changed from a buyers to sellers market - all of a sudden we are in demand - not many UConns left. Ironically, the Big 10 TV contract put the wheels in motion again. UConn can't land in P5 unless things are in motion - they are now !

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
As Trump would say everything is on the table. But, PAC 12 is very not likely. ACC or Big 12 most likely now. SEC strategically the most creative and biggest winner.
Bottom-line the psychology has recently changed from a buyers to sellers market - all of a sudden we are in demand - not many UConns left. Ironically, the Big 10 TV contract put the wheels in motion again. UConn can't land in P5 unless things are in motion - they are now !
Quite frankly, you should invest in Elon Musk's hyperloop. Quite frankly, that could get us to the West Coast in 1 hour and, quite frankly, become a better PAC12 option.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
What the B1G's new TV deal will end up doing will be leading some P-5 schools to question why they are sharing revenues with the likes of Wake Forest and Iowa St.

This can easily lead to some ACC schools jumping to the SEC while others (primarily FSU & Clemson, who won't have a spot in the SEC) joining some other ACC schools and some of the higher profile B-12 schools in what will be the fourth power conference.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Nobody has better info than Chief - and the SEC adding teams makes total sense.... it's a bidding war.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Nobody has better info than Chief - and the SEC adding teams makes total sense.... it's a bidding war.

Interesting . . . I wonder what teams they are looking at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom