This season's trap game | The Boneyard

This season's trap game

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I think its going to be @ Houston. They handled LSU pretty well and they have some good shooters. If they are hot, that could spell trouble. Plus they have beaten us there before, they are not intimidated.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
True, but we are expected to win. They are considered inferior.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I think its going to be @ Houston. They handled LSU pretty well and they have some good shooters. If they are hot, that could spell trouble. Plus they have beaten us there before, they are not intimidated.
1) At 6-3, no game can be considered a trap game.
2) Do you think that UConn will be overlooking Houston because they are more focused on Tulane or because they will they be so burnt out after kicking the grits out of Tulsa?

Reaction Score
They handled LSU pretty well? They won in OT. Not exactly a beatdown.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
1) At 6-3, no game can be considered a trap game.
2) Do you think that UConn will be overlooking Houston because they are more focused on Tulane or because they will they be so burnt out after kicking the grits out of Tulsa?

Seeing how they have had slow starts, who knows what this team is thinking on any given night. Maybe they overlooked Syracuse? Who knows. Maybe the media has inflated their ego with high expectations, so they view themselves as "above the AAC"? They will have a humbling loss to a bad team imo. It happens every year.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Houston is always a trap game.

They have some degree of talent hidden somewhere and I am dead certain that playing at odd times in an arena with no people in it has killed us two years running.

For all the complaints about Tulsa and Tulane, playing hoop games at Houston is far and away the most humiliating result of realignment.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Seeing how they have had slow starts, who knows what this team is thinking on any given night. Maybe they overlooked Syracuse? Who knows. Maybe the media has inflated their ego with high expectations, so they view themselves as "above the AAC"? They will have a humbling loss to a bad team imo. It happens every year.

True but that doesn't meet the generally accepted definition of a trap game. A bad loss is not always a trap. In KenPom rankings as we speak, Tulane is 221, Tulsa is 53, and Houston is 115. I think both Tulane games could be traps. The game at Tulane is 4 days after the trip to Austin. The home date vs. Tulane is 4 days before Gtown. While UConn is ranked above both Texas and the Hoyas, they are both high profile/high exposure games.

I think a better case can be made for the home date with Houston. It is (you guessed it) 4 days before SMU.

Reaction Score
True but that doesn't meet the generally accepted definition of a trap game. A bad loss is not always a trap. In KenPom rankings as we speak, Tulane is 221, Tulsa is 53, and Houston is 115. I think both Tulane games could be traps. The game at Tulane is 4 days after the trip to Austin. The home date vs. Tulane is 4 days before Gtown. While UConn is ranked above both Texas and the Hoyas, they are both high profile/high exposure games.

I think a better case can be made for the home date with Houston. It is (you guessed it) 4 days before SMU.
Historically, we've always struggled in conference openers, too. Going back to 2004/05 season, I'm pretty sure our overall record in conference openers is 2-9. That Tulane game could be a b*tch.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Houston is not that good. However, they were not that good last year either. They did play LSU tough of course, but it took Fee-licks (my pronunciation) Fee-leaks)( announcers way of saying it) a lucky bounce and a Hail Mary shot. They need a beat down from somebody before we play them.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Historically, we've always struggled in conference openers, too. Going back to 2004/05 season, I'm pretty sure our overall record in conference openers is 2-9. That Tulane game could be a b*tch.

Wonder why that is. Has to be closer to coincidence, than not I'd think.

Reaction Score
I have to say a questionable schedule in terms of strategic dates. I mean both the Maryland and now the Texas game will come with basically a full week off. Would like to see a "cupcake" scheduled 3-4 days prior to these highly rated opponents so as to get the team back in sync after finals and holiday home visits.

Reaction Score
I have to say a questionable schedule in terms of strategic dates. I mean both the Maryland and now the Texas game will come with basically a full week off. Would like to see a "cupcake" scheduled 3-4 days prior to these highly rated opponents so as to get the team back in sync after finals and holiday home visits.

Yep after the Central Cup Cake its on to Texas almost 1 week later. That Texas/UConn game should be one h*** of a game.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
If the team gets ebola the day before.

Symptoms may appear anywhere from 2 to 21 days after exposure to Ebola -- so I think we're good.
latest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky