This one's for you, Bill | The Boneyard

This one's for you, Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Remember that camera shot from above the court? That was from Bill's eye view.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
To the great little man - note I didn't change my avatar until after the game. Didn't want to mess with the mojo, didn't want to seem disrespectful to Husky Bill

Man, I wish you coulda seen it

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Personally, i think he was on the court - inhabiting the body of MoJo. She's short, but feisty!!!

Reaction Score
Hey, thanks. Nan. You beat me to it cause I'm just back at my hotel after going to the game and the trophy presentation.

Bill and I had planned to drive to this one, visit relatives in Tennessee, see the games and visit more relatives in Pittsburgh on the way back.

I followed through with the plan, knowing the women would win it all for him. What I didn't know was that the men would celebrate the 10th anniversary of the double 2004 win, by duplicating that feat. It was obviously a memorial to Bill, who flew alongside me to all 4 games in 2004.

I didn't have the energy to add Texas this year, but Bill, both championships were for you.

And I want you all to know that if I happen to kick off 10 years from now, in 2024, I expect the same Memorial. Nothing less than 2 championships will do. But, just in case I'm alive, do not, under any circumstances knock me off just to get those 2 trophies. If you do, I'll never forgive you.

All the best. Go Huskies.

Eli

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Bill always looked up to this team, well, he kind of looked up to everyone. But his heart for the Huskies was undeniable and one of the biggest. It is comforting to think of him watching the game and The Boneyard this evening as it all played out. His impish smile must be a full broad grin tonight.

Blessings Eli. I am so glad to hear you kept your pilgrimage to see the Huskies win a Divine Nine. No doubt Bill was with you all the way.

Last edited:

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
My mom passed a year ago to the day yesterday. She loved the huskies and we talked about them often during the season each year.

She would have loved this year. She did get to see last years championship.

Maybe she and Bill met up and watched it together.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
My mom passed a year ago to the day yesterday. She loved the huskies and we talked about them often during the season each year.

She would have loved this year. She did get to see last years championship.

Maybe she and Bill met up and watched it together.

There's a post on my FB page to this ilk - my dad loved the Huskies, loved Geno. He was the one who pulled me back to the sport I loved since I was a little kid but lost when I became immersed in music school. In my post, I had him sitting in front of a big screen watching the game, and my friends added their loved ones now gone. I am thinking that it may have been a hell of a party in heaven.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I know you were watching. This win is for you.
Bravo Nan. Here's to UCONN and Husky Bill.

cheers.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits