This may be the dumbest idea but... | The Boneyard

This may be the dumbest idea but...

Reaction Score
With all the technology we have these days couldn’t tech people recreate fan audio using previous games spliced together or could be triggered by a button or something... I know it sounds ridiculous but...

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
With all the technology we have these days couldn’t tech people recreate fan audio using previous games spliced together or could be triggered by a button or something... I know it sounds ridiculous but...

Yes, the colts got in trouble for doing this. But it doesn't matter because there will be no games to be played.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Yes, the colts got in trouble for doing this. But it doesn't matter because there will be no games to be played.
At this point I’m going to be genuinely disappointed if any games are played. It’s going to be devastating to not see this teams full potential, but to what end? Who really cares in the grand scheme? Don’t risk it.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Look up Hans Zimmer creating automobile noises for electric vehicles from BMW.

Reaction Score
Yes they can. In fact they kinda do it now in golf. They impose different sounds at the masters to make the broadcast sound nice

Reaction Score
At this point I’m going to be genuinely disappointed if any games are played. It’s going to be devastating to not see this teams full potential, but to what end? Who really cares in the grand scheme? Don’t risk it.
I think you have this backwards. I’m gonna be genuinely disappointed if they cancel the conference tournament. There’s no need to have fans in the stands but canceling the games seems a bit harsh, especially the conference tournament

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I think you have this backwards. I’m gonna be genuinely disappointed if they cancel the conference tournament. There’s no need to have fans in the stands but canceling the games seems a bit harsh, especially the conference tournament
Harsh to operate with an abundance of caution? People here really care about sports huh?

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Harsh for whom? What’s the risk assessment here? What threshold would we need to pass to make you think it should be cancelled, if you think said threshold exists at all? Genuinely asking.

Reaction Score
The NCAA will very likely tell someone to push the crowd noise button inside the arena during free throws taken under 60 second to go in the second half.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

With all we know about the virus, odds are pretty good that at least one player or coach is carrying it right now. From there, even playing with no crowds will mean that a good number of people will be infected from there.

Reaction Score
With all we know about the virus, odds are pretty good that at least one player or coach is carrying it right now. From there, even playing with no crowds will mean that a good number of people will be infected from there.

Fred Hoiberg looked awful yesterday at the Nebraska game and had to leave early. With what is going on I'm amazed he even coached at all not knowing what he had.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Fred Hoiberg looked awful yesterday at the Nebraska game and had to leave early. With what is going on I'm amazed he even coached at all not knowing what he had.

Yeah, fortunately he was diagnosed with a cold and tested negative for Corona. Still, we should learn from that because it's just a matter of time before someone tests positive.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
If they DO play? I'm going to be very upset if they DON'T play! Games with no fans should suffice.

Reaction Score
Is it too much to ask to have all participants get tested? Is that not feasible? If they are fine then let them play. There are already no fans. I am asking this honestly because I am
In the camp that we are going overboard, but whatever.

It’s really a no win situation. If the thing ends up being no big deal everyone will say it’s because we did so much of this, but if there is a contrarian school,sport or organization and things go bad they will get crucified

Reaction Score
Is it too much to ask to have all participants get tested? Is that not feasible? If they are fine then let them play. There are already no fans. I am asking this honestly because I am
In the camp that we are going overboard, but whatever.

It’s really a no win situation. If the thing ends up being no big deal everyone will say it’s because we did so much of this, but if there is a contrarian school,sport or organization and things go bad they will get crucified

There aren't even enough testing kits for people who have symptoms to be tested...

Reaction Score
Ok. Thanks for the reply. I am actually someone who is in my busiest time at work and honestly have no time to dive into all the details. I am being more vigilant in my own activities as everyone should. I guess since this is the time when I am
Working 80 plus hours a week the fact sports are being shut down seems harsh because it’s always a great respite to look forward to this time of year.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
/Have you ever heard a sitcom laugh track? Do you really want to do that to the glorious game of college basketball?
Crowd noise has to be spontaneous.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
/Have you ever heard a sitcom laugh track? Do you really want to do that to the glorious game of college basketball?
Crowd noise has to be spontaneous.

Actually, using a sitcom laugh track during the game would be pretty great. When the refs make a terrible call, for instance.

Reaction Score
Some South Korean baseball team did them one better. They have robot fans that fill vacant seats.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom