This loss is on boat and bazz. | The Boneyard

This loss is on boat and bazz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Boatright needs tho get things straightened out. When Evans is out playing you, there are real issues.

Reaction Score
Team loss, nuff to go around. I'll include Ollie as well. Game we could/should have won.

Reaction Score
We had the momentum rolling in the second half till Boat came back in. It was downhill after that.

Reaction Score
2 best players can't put up a zero in first half and expet to win. We are way to thin to overcome that.

Even when we came back way to relient on the 3.

Kudos to Giffey and RJ they played really well.

Reaction Score
We had the momentum rolling in the second half till Boat came back in. It was downhill after that.

Yeah, he didn't really hit the three to tie it and the free throws to put us ahead. Great post.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
You aren't going to wn many games shooting 30% while playing lackluster D for much of the game. Not a good effort across the board.

Reaction Score
Good thing is they will both definitely be back next year.

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
What I witnessed in person tonight was Daniels and Olander consistently getting outworked and abused underneath. They had the ball in their hands and SJ just took it. Shabazz didn't start bc of a team violation and that was the difference in the outcome of the game. He was $ in the 2nd half as usual. Niels was a monster on the boards boxing out Obekpa and company, and playing a great floor game. Boat was just off his game, but I take consolation knowing he's not even close to ready for the NBA and coming back. The first 30 minutes of the game my friends and I were asking "what the hell did this team do last night?" I'm not sure if they stayed in NY last night, but it seems like they had a pretty fun time.

Reaction Score
I could hear the collective groan from the Boneyard when Boat fouled with 3 seconds left on the shot clock during a key possesion near the end. What the hell was he thinking?

Reaction Score
I could hear the collective groan from the Boneyard when Boat fouled with 3 seconds left on the shot clock during a key possesion near the end. What the hell was he thinking?

It seems like I say that to myself during the majority of defensive possessions when Boat is on an island to himself, he's got a ways to go on the defensive side of the ball.

Reaction Score
Poor shot selection in 1H, and a lot of non-agressive dribbling.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Does anyone else who's watched Sanford and Son notice how much Boat looks like a young Uncle Woodrow?

Reaction Score
Good thing is they will both definitely be back next year.

I have no idea why you'd say that.

Just because a decision seems straightforward to you doesn't mean a 19 year old kid is thinking the same way - especially one who thought about leaving after last season.

Every year in college basketball a lot of kids who should "definitely" come back decide not to.

Reaction Score
Sent from my MAXX HD.

The only reason we're in the game is Bazz so I disagree. Boat on the other hand, his defense may have gotten worst and the foul he committed with the clock running down has once again shown an inability to 1....keep himself between his guy and the basket in clutch times and 2....stupidity!! I will be honest, there's a piece of him right now that is swinging away from the "team" and moving towards selfishness from what I've seen. And the constant attempt to flip the ball from hi guy frm behind because he accepts getting beat is becoming a bit out of hand on that end.

Reaction Score
The only reason we're in the game is Bazz so I disagree. Boat on the other hand, his defense may have gotten worst and the foul he committed with the clock running down has once again shown an inability to 1....keep himself between his guy and the basket in clutch times and 2....stupidity!! I will be honest, there's a piece of him right now that is swinging away from the "team" and moving towards selfishness from what I've seen. And the constant attempt to flip the ball from hi guy frm behind because he accepts getting beat is becoming a bit out of hand on that end.

Good points. Boat's body language and demeanor are starting to bother me. Seems like if things aren't going well for him personally, he let's it effect every aspect of his game. The attempted steals from behind really piss me off. That's not good D. Stay in front of your man to keep him from getting by you. He's quick enough that he should be able to accomplish that.

Reaction Score
This loss in my opinion is completely on Ollie. Ollie for no reason was sticking with this 4 guard lineup + DD all first half. Spoiler Alert: It wasn't working. Down 15 points 5 minutes into the second half we settle on the lineup of Evans, Napier, Giffey, Omar, Wolf. Within 5 minutes the lead was gone. Literally, 5 minutes. Instead of sticking with the only lineup of the night that was working, Ollie decided to take out Evans (who was giving St Johns fits) and take out a fired up Wolf (even though Obekpa fouled out) and go back to the worthless 4 guard + DD lineup. Spoiler Alert: It didnt work AGAIN.

Ollie should've stuck with the lineup that cut a 15 point deficit to a 2 point lead. Its about matchups and finding the right guys who fit at the right time and Ollie should've been able to see that Evans, Nap, Gif, Omar and Wolf was the only thing working. If he needed more proof, all he had to do was look up at the scoreboard.

Reaction Score
I played Olander in high school. We were both Juniors. Although he dominated it's not like my team was the best competition. Nobody he played really was. I was shocked when I found out he got an offer from UConn. Obviously a talented kid against kids like me but I did not see a UConn offer coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom