This just in: Syracuse snubbed from tournament | The Boneyard

This just in: Syracuse snubbed from tournament

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
It's very frustrating having the resume they have and not making the tourney.

oh, you thought I was talking about the NCAA's ? nope........

Oh it must be the NIT snub then? Funny, but nope..........

They were snubbed by the CBI

Happy Atlanta Braves GIF by MLB

Reaction Score
Funny but weren't we in that same situation just a few years ago. Don't need that karma swinging back the other way.

PS: F&$K Syracuse and the nose picker
I think this might actually be karma swinging back for both programs. Those AAC days were just depressing and devoid of hope for so long.

Reaction Score

Hey, did you know that in addition to being massively superior to them in actual accomplishments, we also now have a longer streak of consecutive seasons above .500 than they do?

Reaction Score

That 70S Show Reaction GIF by Laff

Reaction Score
I get they are not good in basketball but why aren't they better at hockey?
You would think they would be good at their national pastime…….strange

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Maybe they were invited and declined? Getting a home game costs $$.

Likely.

To get invited to the CBI, you have to be willing to pay a $50,000 entry fee to host a game…most high major schools are simply going to turn that down.

Reaction Score
Likely.

To get invited to the CBI, you have to be willing to pay a $50,000 entry fee to host a game…most high major schools are simply going to turn that down.
Really? $50k is chump change for su. I think the fan base would die to see the 3 boeheims at least one more time post season since the punching incident brought an abrupt end to their journey. And the school would still profit by hosting the game with what 20k fans in attendance. minimum. I highly doubt the nominal entry fee is an issue. they may think they are above the CBI or didn't want to risk losing a game in that tournament. Plus, it would probably win the tournament anyway. But money? Nah.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They were probably just one Beoheim short of getting an invite.

Reaction Score
And the school would still profit by hosting the game with what 20k fans in attendance
I doubt they would sell 20k tickets for a third rate tournament game vs a nobody. They should just schedule a scrimmage vs GTown

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
It's a real punch in the gut that the CBI didn't extend an invite...of course it would have been accepted! Who wouldn't pack the dome to see the three Boeheims together one more time? This has been Boeheim's best year of coaching (his words, not mine). You people are all hung up on records and winning, but he's transcended that, and the 'Cuse fans are along for the ride whether they like it or not.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
It's a real punch in the gut that the CBI didn't extend an invite...of course it would have been accepted! Who wouldn't pack the dome to see the three Boeheims together one more time? This has been Boeheim's best year of coaching (his words, not mine). You people are all hung up on records and winning, but he's transcended that, and the 'Cuse fans are along for the ride whether they like it or not.

How would any recruit want to play for a guy who says "I don't care if we win because my kids are here."???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom