This just in: Syracuse snubbed from tournament | Page 2 | The Boneyard

This just in: Syracuse snubbed from tournament

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I doubt they would sell 20k tickets for a third rate tournament game vs a nobody. They should just schedule a scrimmage vs GTown
And lose again? why not just play Cornell or Colgate, oh yeah that will be a loss
Nah, just sit home, watch OBE films and pick away

Reaction Score
I doubt they would sell 20k tickets for a third rate tournament game vs a nobody. They should just schedule a scrimmage vs GTown
In a normal year, I agree. This year one more win keeps the streak of non-losing seasons alive. I think they would get 20k Sara fans for that.

Reaction Score
It's a real punch in the gut that the CBI didn't extend an invite...of course it would have been accepted! Who wouldn't pack the dome to see the three Boeheims together one more time? This has been Boeheim's best year of coaching (his words, not mine). You people are all hung up on records and winning, but he's transcended that, and the 'Cuse fans are along for the ride whether they like it or not.

I know he caught flack for this but I do think what he meant was, when he looks back, this will be a special year despite the lousy record, not that he didn't care about losing. Most basketball fans, including myself, have only known 1 su basketball coach. That's pretty amazing. To actually coach your sons after 80 years of coaching must be a great feeling. Even if not official ncaa games, maybe they host their own dome tournament and invite BCU, Pitts, L-ville, Georgetown, Johnnies (no NIT?!). For old times sake. Oh yea, Cincy and USF. An 8 team BE ugly tourney.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Really? $50k is chump change for su. I think the fan base would die to see the 3 boeheims at least one more time post season since the punching incident brought an abrupt end to their journey. And the school would still profit by hosting the game with what 20k fans in attendance. minimum. I highly doubt the nominal entry fee is an issue. they may think they are above the CBI or didn't want to risk losing a game in that tournament. Plus, it would probably win the tournament anyway. But money? Nah.

Are you delusional?

That fan base never wants to see three Boeheims on the court again. And the school is sure as hell not go to keep putting money into a season so that they can host Eastern Paduka State.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
In a normal year, I agree. This year one more win keeps the streak of non-losing seasons alive. I think they would get 20k Sara fans for that.

They would not get 8,000 for that game.

Those fans are straight done with the year.

Reaction Score
It's a real punch in the gut that the CBI didn't extend an invite...of course it would have been accepted! Who wouldn't pack the dome to see the three Boeheims together one more time? This has been Boeheim's best year of coaching (his words, not mine). You people are all hung up on records and winning, but he's transcended that, and the 'Cuse fans are along for the ride whether they like it or not.

Well now Jimmy, I guess the season was a success then, eh??? SMH

Reaction Score

It's weird how coaches can hold a school hostage and get paid to coach their own kids. That feels wrong.

Reaction Score
A guy I work with went to Syracuse and is a big fan. He said him and all his friends have been wishing Boeheim to be retired the last 4-5 years. He agreed it's time to move on. So I wonder when the AD starts feeling pressure from alums and boosters to move on from Boeheim? But how do you fire him? You can't. Boeheim needs to understand it's best to retire gracefully.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
A guy I work with went to Syracuse and is a big fan. He said him and all his friends have been wishing Boeheim to be retired the last 4-5 years. He agreed it's time to move on. So I wonder when the AD starts feeling pressure from alums and boosters to move on from Boeheim? But how do you fire him? You can't. Boeheim needs to understand it's best to retire gracefully.

Yeah I think the most of fanbase has had it. (to different degrees) . Even they understand Boeheim is holding them hostage. But you cant fire him, and Boeheim does nothing gracefully, so thats why they are freaking out.

They are in limbo, because its really easy to recruit against them right now since there is no transition plan for Boeheim to a new coach.

My heart breaks.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
You would think they would be good at their national pastime…….strange
Their curling team is phenomenal!

So with no post season invites, Buddy's last game ever at Canada Community College was spent on the pine watching his brother and company lose to Puke? Glorious. Did nose picker enjoy that game too or was it half as much since only 1 kid was there?

Reaction Score
i saw on cbb reddit that syracuse is one of only 10 power conference schools where neither the basketball team nor the football team made the postseason. tough times.

Reaction Score
Unless I was a coach of a team of all freshmen that I wanted to get some more game/tournament experience, I'd never play in the CBI.

Reaction Score
Unless I was a coach of a team of all freshmen that I wanted to get some more game/tournament experience, I'd never play in the CBI.
What if 40% of your starters were your kids, and this is the last year you have to coach them. And then, what if this was also the most enjoyable season of your 40+ year career?

Reaction Score
I can't stand the su but give the fans credit. As crappy a season as they had, fans still showed up. One doesn't have to be delusional to think fans would show up for whatever kind of post-season games they could throw together. Maybe it's because there is nothing else to do up there I don't know. Maybe they want to see their All-ACC First Team rep play. They could probably play the Wegman's Generals and still get people to show up.

Dome Attendance (per the ACC site)
23,000 - 02/19/22 vs BCU
22,000 - 02/21/22 vs Georgia Tech
32,000 - 02/26/22 vs Duke
23,000 - 03/05/22 vs Miami

Reaction Score
Yeah I think the most of fanbase has had it. (to different degrees) . Even they understand Boeheim is holding them hostage. But you cant fire him, and Boeheim does nothing gracefully, so thats why they are freaking out.

They are in limbo, because its really easy to recruit against them right now since there is no transition plan for Boeheim to a new coach.

My heart breaks.

Actually, they have a succession plan. “We have a plan in place. A good plan. An ironclad plan."

They just won't tell anyone what it is. :D:D:D:D:D

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I get they are not good in basketball but why aren't they better at hockey?
They don’t have the makings of a varsity hockey team. Just a bunch of hot house flowers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom