This just goes to show Ollie can't win with his own players | Page 2 | The Boneyard

This just goes to show Ollie can't win with his own players

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Please tell me this is sarcasm...
Yes it is and it quite possibly the best post game post that you will read today.

Reaction Score
Really?? Because an early lost to a good West Virginia team?? Well last year we lost 8 games he has 7 more to lose #champs11&14

Reaction Score
You're a fool

It proves one thing to me: we have lots of new guys who were pressed. Having not played together, they looked raw & disconnected. They'll get better.
I can't believe people actually thought this was serious

Reaction Score
FriarJ said:
For F'k sake you idiots. Even I knew it was a joke.
Sure, but given the source nothing precludes it from being one of the stupidest sarcastic posts of all time. Next, he'll suggest UCONN's going on permanent suspension for the Freshman Four's antics, it's related to UNC's course selections, or some other stupidity. It's just par the source.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
In inheriting Shabazz Napier, DeAndre Daniels, and Niels Giffey from Jim Calhoun, Kevin Ollie is the very definition of a coach who was born on third base. It's one thing to lead a ready-made champion to the national title, it's quite another to construct your own business from scratch. Well, KO, you're on your own now. At some point in every kids childhood, the parents have to take the training wheels off and let a free bird fly. Tonight, Kevin Ollie crashed his old man's bicycle into a mailbox. I just hope the damage costs aren't too expensive for a guy like Shaka Smart to repair.

Agreed. I hope we didn't give Ollie a long-term contract. Those 9 month deals are more appropriate for a coach like this.

Reaction Score
This thread is not helpful to my pain. How is KO going to solve the press, TO and poor shooting is going to define his coaching with this team. Unlike Bob Diaco, KO is not saying he has no talents and a losing culture!!!!

Reaction Score
As a sarcastic post, I suspect the mods will delete it. At least that's what they did to one of my recent posts - because my sarcasm was misleading.

Reaction Score
1) That is breathtaking. Here's my favorite line - "It's one thing to lead a ready-made champion to a national title". Does he had any idea how much a $100 preseason bet on a UConn title paid off last year? I do and it wasn't "ready-made" kinda money. I use money as coasters now.

2) It's bourbon, not scotch. I don't like either one, but bourbon is trendy so I'm making an effort.

3) I like the mixed metaphors, "...parents have to take the training wheels off and let a free bird fly".

4) Four games off of a national title, Kevin Ollie has been cyber-fired.

5) I'm guessing this is a parody.
Yes it's a parody and anyone who questions that needs to open up their belt buckles a bit.
My wife doesn't get my sarcastic whining also but then again she's Irish and English so the sense of humor gene is mutated.
While I'm hallucinating I just had a thought. What about Facey starting to take a few 3's like in his video? Pure stroke.

Reaction Score
I just gave FriarJ a like. WTF is the world coming to? I still want to punch that other Providence jerkoff in the throat though. SeamMccumguzzler93 or whatever his name is...

Reaction Score
In inheriting Shabazz Napier, DeAndre Daniels, and Niels Giffey from Jim Calhoun, Kevin Ollie is the very definition of a coach who was born on third base. It's one thing to lead a ready-made champion to the national title, it's quite another to construct your own business from scratch. Well, KO, you're on your own now. At some point in every kids childhood, the parents have to take the training wheels off and let a free bird fly. Tonight, Kevin Ollie crashed his old man's bicycle into a mailbox. I just hope the damage costs aren't too expensive for a guy like Shaka Smart to repair.

I am hoping that you are joking, right?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I just gave FriarJ a like. WTF is the world coming to? I still want to punch that other Providence jerkoff in the throat though. SeamMccumguzzler93 or whatever his name is...

In fairness, the self deprecation was actually pretty funny.

Reaction Score

Its seanmc94; eyes, and smile when you say that.

Reaction Score
seanmc94 said:
Its seanmc94; eyes, and smile when you say that.
For now on, your pledge name will be SeamMccumguzzler93. Know your reputation, and de-pledge your way out the door if you like. FriarJ's sometimes reasonable and occasionally posts good information, scary yet there's a big difference.

Huskybass, post: 1140480 said:

Reaction Score
A limp willied quote from a 40 yr old movie? That's the best you have? Talk about breaking out the 460cc driver and dribbling one 10 yds short of the ladies tees.

Nice work sweet cheeks

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
A limp willied quote from a 40 yr old movie? That's the best you have? Talk about breaking out the 460cc driver and dribbling one 10 yds short of the ladies tees.

Nice work sweet cheeks

You can't talk that way to our pledges, only we can talk that way to our pledges.

Friar J....... Dead , SeanMccumguzzler93........................ Dead, Godfather.............................................................................Dead.

Reaction Score
I think anyone who responded seriously to this thread, or questioned its seriousness should be suspended until April 7, 2015.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
1) That is breathtaking. Here's my favorite line - "It's one thing to lead a ready-made champion to a national title". Does he had any idea how much a $100 preseason bet on a UConn title paid off last year? I do and it wasn't "ready-made" kinda money. I use money as coasters now.

2) It's bourbon, not scotch. I don't like either one, but bourbon is trendy so I'm making an effort.

3) I like the mixed metaphors, "...parents have to take the training wheels off and let a free bird fly".

4) Four games off of a national title, Kevin Ollie has been cyber-fired.

5) I'm guessing this is a parody.
re 2: There I thought Rye was the trendy stuff now (And God it's like drinking moonshine - bad moonshine. And I have access to molecular grade Ethanol, so I know moonshine. I get mine from VWR)
re 4: ??? I thought it went 1, 2, 3, 5,.... what's this "4" thingy?

Reaction Score
Hard to believe that anyone would even waste the brain cells to type that out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom