This is not good. | The Boneyard

This is not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Oh boy. Now what are the Debbie Downers @Big Mick @eebmg @BostonBay @tower1 @Alydar @msf22b gonna whine and complain about???

Although I'm sure they'll find something to whine about, they probably won't be posting near as much. Which is gonna lower the traffic on the BY. Ads are gonna take a hit. No more big checks at the end of the month for the Mods. Heck they may have to un-retire and find a job.

This is not good. :(

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Oh boy. Now what are the Debbie Downers @Big Mick @eebmg @BostonBay @tower1 @Alydar @msf22b gonna whine and complain about???

Although I'm sure they'll find something to whine about, they probably won't be posting near as much. Which is gonna lower the traffic on the BY. Ads are gonna take a hit. No more big checks at the end of the month for the Mods. Heck they may have to un-retire and find a job.

You forgot @bluedevil

Reaction Score
I want to make a point about a post like this. I believe the true indicator of a healthy bog site is whether or not there is robust discussion about issues pertaining to UConn women's basketball. I also believe in some of the rules of the site, such as not to be unnecessarily negative toward these wonderful young women athletes.
Can't we talk X's and O's without the instant response of "Geno has 1000+ wins, 11 titles, blah, blah, blah"?
I personally wish Geno would use some presses, both half court and full court. Open up the floor, utilize our length, free up the athleticism of Aubrey. Does that mean I don't respect Geno? Gimme a break! I listen intently to everything he says, like an oracle. He's also a veteran coach arguably reluctant to change. Could be the subject of a awesome post. Here's something to ponder: could this team be 15-3 instead of 17-1 and actually be better? Would Geno of say 1993 answer that the same way as Geno of 2020? Couple things to consider.
This blog site is excellent! I log in and get all the replays, other information, and pressers. The moderator works her tail off to maintain this excellence.
Come on, let's become more tolerant of some back and forth. It's more fun that way. More stimulating. Except for a couple of trolls (no offense to the Louisville fan, etc), everyone here is a diehard UConn fan.

Reaction Score
I want to make a point about a post like this. I believe the true indicator of a healthy bog site is whether or not there is robust discussion about issues pertaining to UConn women's basketball. I also believe in some of the rules of the site, such as not to be unnecessarily negative toward these wonderful young women athletes.
Can't we talk X's and O's without the instant response of "Geno has 1000+ wins, 11 titles, blah, blah, blah"?
I personally wish Geno would use some presses, both half court and full court. Open up the floor, utilize our length, free up the athleticism of Aubrey. Does that mean I don't respect Geno? Gimme a break! I listen intently to everything he says, like an oracle. He's also a veteran coach arguably reluctant to change. Could be the subject of a awesome post. Here's something to ponder: could this team be 15-3 instead of 17-1 and actually be better? Would Geno of say 1993 answer that the same way as Geno of 2020? Couple things to consider.
This blog site is excellent! I log in and get all the replays, other information, and pressers. The moderator works her tail off to maintain this excellence.
Come on, let's become more tolerant of some back and forth. It's more fun that way. More stimulating. Except for a couple of trolls (no offense to the Louisville fan, etc), everyone here is a diehard UConn fan.
Relax. The OP is just being playful. And by the way, he did not say "Geno has 1000+ wins" etc. Also, there are many posters who are neither diehard UConn fans nor trolls, and they enrich the conversation.

Re your on court preferences, I am mystified by the suggestion that we should "utilize our length." What length? Also I don't know how we can press much more than we do without a longer and more athletic bench.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I want to make a point about a post like this. I believe the true indicator of a healthy bog site is whether or not there is robust discussion about issues pertaining to UConn women's basketball.
Agree, that's why when people post silly stuff about the downfall of UCONN, we should be able to robustly call them out on it.
He's also a veteran coach arguably reluctant to change.
Hardly. If one has been around, one would know that Geno has changed quite a bit in how he coaches and runs the program.
Here's something to ponder: could this team be 15-3 instead of 17-1 and actually be better?
Ummm, no. That's just silly. But go ahead and make your argument. But don't be a baby when it gets all ripped to shreds.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Meyers has some posters doing this

shoe.gif

Reaction Score
Relax. The OP is just being playful. And by the way, he did not say "Geno has 1000+ wins" etc. Also, there are many posters who are neither diehard UConn fans nor trolls, and they enrich the conversation.
What do you mean relax? My post wasn't angry. I was stating a point of view, which should be tolerated on a blog site. One role of blogs in our world, is for people to converse.
What it means to me is that I will only use the site for information. That's not as much fun to me. No one has to agree with that point of view, but it can at least be heard.

Reaction Score
I love the Huskies...I am from New Haven and was accepted to Uconn. I just happened to go to the school that had better waiters...my sister graduated from Uconn and I rarely make fun of her..

Reaction Score
What do you mean relax? My post wasn't angry. I was stating a point of view, which should be tolerated on a blog site. One role of blogs in our world, is for people to converse.
What it means to me is that I will only use the site for information. That's not as much fun to me. No one has to agree with that point of view, but it can at least be heard.
Again, the OP is just being playful. Hence the reference to loss of ad revenue, mods losing out on their big monthly checks, and Nan having to unretire. None of that is meant to be serious. The post refers to Debbie Downers (as in "this is the worse UConn team ever" or "a mediocre high school team could beat Tulsa"), not to thoughtful disagreements about strategy.

Reaction Score
Agree, that's why when people post silly stuff about the downfall of UCONN, we should be able to robustly call them out on it.

Hardly. If one has been around, one would know that Geno has changed quite a bit in how he coaches and runs the program.

Ummm, no. That's just silly. But go ahead and make your argument. But don't be a baby when it gets all ripped to shreds.
It means you take risks, even if the strategies or tactics fail and the failures have consequences. Which is the definition of a risk.
There's indisputable evidence that Geno's players leave UConn as the best players they could be at that point of their development. I saw Lisa Leslie say that when she played on international teams with UConn players, they always knew the game better than anyone else. But I want Aubrey to be a key performer right now and I think he can do that if he can open the floor up. I welcome the so call shredding which may imply that one person knows more than another person. I think it's more fun and fair if it is assumed that everyone has their own opinion.
Have you ever gone for a par 5 in two, when coming up short means a bogey or double-bogey? But at the end of the day, with everything on the line, you know what you can do in that situation. If you didn't try it, you'd never know. Plus it's more fun!

Reaction Score

Re your on court preferences, I am mystified by the suggestion that we should "utilize our length." What length? Also I don't know how we can press much more than we do without a longer and more athletic bench.
Great counter-argument re: pressing. I don't agree with you regarding the length argument. Look at CW's and MW's length. National HS players of the year. Length is one of their attributes. Of course Liv is long. Could Liv be effective in the back of a press? Aubrey could be the best athlete in college basketball.
Now, Lauren Cox standing with the ball 12 feet from the basket, making her methodical moves that one could time with a sundial, and now position her 25 feet away due to defensive pressure. Sorry, not the same. We now have the advantage. It's all about advantages and matchups. Pressing also serves to speed up the opponent.
IMO you have to play out this season with the thought that Baylor is in your way. Like knowing you can't take that town without going through a Panzer parked at the entrance.
So, do you think we can do that with the same approach we had in game 1? Maybe. Could be a fun discussion.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score

I support what you are doing with this thread, but I think you need to cut msf22b some slack, given the history of his posts, given you qualified this thread later by referencing people predicting "the downfall of UConn." Msf22b has been far more critical in the past than he has been this year. He also predicts good things for the future. Given the past, I've actually been impressed with msf22b's current posts.

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score

...that's why when people post silly stuff about the downfall of UCONN, we should be able to robustly call them out on it.

...Ummm, no. That's just silly. But go ahead and make your argument....

So @meyers7 - It seems that you are a sort of self appointed expert.

For me, this blog is about: opinions; second-guessing the coach; point and counter point; strengths and weaknesses of the players, etc.

When you come on here and describe another posters opinion as Debbie Downers, Whining, complaining, silly, etc. is not useful to anyone. And, btw "Poor" Debbie Downer :)

Soo - can you just give your opinion of things "TEAM" related. You must have something to say that the rest of us would find fascinating or even interesting.

Reaction Score

Lol!!!

Reaction Score
IMO you have to play out this season with the thought that Baylor is in your way. Like knowing you can't take that town without going through a Panzer parked at the entrance.
So, do you think we can do that with the same approach we had in game 1? Maybe. Could be a fun discussion.
Jim Calhoun circa 1999
Calhoun knew how good Duke was. He also knew they could be beaten. After all, he started preparing four months ago. He would watch games involving the best teams in America and write notes on his little blue cards, in case they had to play them in March.
"The game plan started somewhere in November," Calhoun said. "We started preparing ourselves if we had a chance. We thought we saw some things, as great as Duke was, that we could use."

Be Prepared!!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Thank you Diggerfoot.
I actually resented being placed on that list for the reasons you indicated
I must admit I posted a cruel criticism of one of the kids (unlike me) that I should have deleted
And if that is the reason for inclusion, I plead guilty.

If Meyers is under the impression that he can shame me into not posting.
He can forget it

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Thank you Diggerfoot.
I must admit I posted a cruel criticism of one of the kids (unlike me) that I should have deleted

He can forget it
I think @meyers7 was having you on, and giving everyone a chuckle or two. I am sure he does not really care whether you respond or not. Back when he was a smarty pants he did this stuff regularly. Now that he is Travis Bickle, the jury is still out! :eek:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I support what you are doing with this thread, but I think you need to cut msf22b some slack, given the history of his posts, given you qualified this thread later by referencing people predicting "the downfall of UConn." Msf22b has been far more critical in the past than he has been this year. He also predicts good things for the future. Given the past, I've actually been impressed with msf22b's current posts.
He was just one of the posters in that other thread. I just pulled some names from there.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So @meyers7 - It seems that you are a sort of self appointed expert.
Eh, if the shoe fits.

For me, this blog is about: opinions; second-guessing the coach; point and counter point; strengths and weaknesses of the players, etc.
Sure, but also second guessing opinions. Pointing out where they are wrong (or silly or negative OR too positive - yea Tony and I went round and round years ago)
When you come on here and describe another posters opinion as Debbie Downers, Whining, complaining, silly, etc. is not useful to anyone.
It's very useful. Let's posters who may not be sure, aware of what certain people are actually posting. Some people may not be aware of how silly or unsubstantiated some of the posts on here are. Also I do believe it allows opinions to come out that some people may believe but may not want to post. i.e. I speak for others (sometimes).

Soo - can you just give your opinion of things "TEAM" related. You must have something to say that the rest of us would find fascinating or even interesting.
Don't know if you'll find them fascinating or interesting, but just read my posts. I've written a lot of stuff about the team, Geno, seasons, tactics, all kinds of stuff on this board. It's all there for people to read. Some people like it, some people don't. No concern of mine.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think @meyers7 was having you on, and giving everyone a chuckle or two. I am sure he does not really care whether you respond or not. Back when he was a smarty pants he did this stuff regularly. Now that he is Travis Bickle, the jury is still out! :eek:
Didn't even notice that was changed. Those mods. :rolleyes:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Thank you Diggerfoot.
Well, there you go.

He can forget it
Oh by no means. I would never intend to shame anyone into not posting. Besides, you guys give me a good chuckle on occasion. Keep it up.

Reaction Score

Did someone give you a wedgie and hurt your feelings ? Grow up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom