This Is Bob Diaco... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

This Is Bob Diaco...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Good production. Thanks for posting and nice to see you Santini.

Reaction Score
this coming from a hoops guy..I have a major man crush on BD! I might become a football guy.

I can't make out your avatar. Is that a 69?

Reaction Score
Diaco's job, right now, is to sell the program. To fans, the current players, and, recruits This film does a great job, in these areas .

The only problem with this film is, at it's conclusion, there are a collage of pictures of UConn folk. Somehow, someone forgot to eradicate
Hathaway's puss in one of the pics in that collage.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I want to be excited about Diaco. But living in Pittsburgh, I have very recent memories of Todd Graham - very similar messaging on offense/potential. You'd probably have to have been here to understand. It didn't turn out well.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
For the always present negative Nancy types, can you recall UConn marketing putting out anything this compelling in the past? It's not just about football. It's about UConn making the transition from scrappy New England school to a major national school. That involves winning, but just as much it involves marketing and selling the university and its programs and athletic teams. We have never been good at that before. This is an example of how that changed. The fact that these guys are fired up means it is working.

Reaction Score
For the always present negative Nancy types, can you recall UConn marketing putting out anything this compelling in the past? It's not just about football. It's about UConn making the transition from scrappy New England school to a major national school. That involves winning, but just as much it involves marketing and selling the university and its programs and athletic teams. We have never been good at that before. This is an example of how that changed. The fact that these guys are fired up means it is working.

Couldn't agree more. On the BY there will always be someone to rain on any parade but I love what they have done with the online content, specifically the Blitz and Center Ice programs. It shows me that UConn is making an effort to become a big time athletic program across the board. Lets just hope it pays off B1G time in the near future. ;)

Reaction Score
Diaco's job, right now, is to sell the program. To fans, the current players, and, recruits This film does a great job, in these areas .

The only problem with this film is, at it's conclusion, there are a collage of pictures of UConn folk. Somehow, someone forgot to eradicate
Hathaway's puss in one of the pics in that collage.

That collage is YouTube's pictures of videos that have a similar theme to the video you just viewed. Not a big YouTube watcher hey? ;)

Reaction Score
Just watched it. I missed a semester with a knee injury. Does that mean I have some eligibility left? I graduated in 4 so I still have a year...get the clearinghouse on the line! I want to run through a wall for this guy.

Reaction Score

Totally agree! The best UCONN video production to come out during the PP years was made by a trickshot QB. The athletic department has definitely stepped up their game!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I am sorry, but this guy has NEVER head coached a game, why is everybody creaming their jeans over him? I can see being positive, but damn, the talk on this board is the second coming of Jesus
It's as if Jesus will be in the huddle.

Reaction Score
Diaco was a fiery guy and a very good motivator for the defensive players at Notre Dame. They loved to play for the guy.

I have no idea how he will perform as a head coach or what type of offense (or effectiveness of same) that he will run.

I just know that he should be able to motivate and teach players. Good luck to him.

Reaction Score
The state and media outlets are doing better in promoting football. Let's hope for the best. I definitely would like to live to see "ACC" or "B1G" painted on the walls of our facilities.

Reaction Score
I nearly just laid out one of the IT guys I got so excited. #RISEUP

Reaction Score
Wish I could double like this post. Maybe triple!

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Anyone else feel like, as a fan, you don't wanna let him down? We all know how bad the fan support can be at times and I just hope HCBD doesn't see after a few games that the Rent atmosphere wasn't what he remembered and loses hope. I will say, that he is clearly talking about making UConn more popular nationally and with locals. His whole part about getting fans involved and integrating their support with the success of the team is a direction I can;t remember the school ever taking. It's very very smart on whoever's part thought it up. Maybe it is what Diaco feels but I get the feeling that someone higher up knows this might be our last shot at pushing into the P5 with this coach and getting everyone on board (fans, winning program, media, etc) is HUGE.

This video was awesome.

Reaction Score
Did I see the BIG EAST logo on the wall ( left side) in the last 5 seconds as walked thru the door into the hallway? Shouldn't that be AAC by now?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Did I see the BIG EAST logo on the wall ( left side) in the last 5 seconds as walked thru the door into the hallway? Shouldn't that be AAC by now?

No. They're planning on covering it up with a B1G logo soon, so no need to buy extra paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom