This is always a lie - RE: NBA finals | The Boneyard

This is always a lie - RE: NBA finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hate to say I told you so...
Everyone loves to say I told you so otherwise they wouldn't say anything.
From June 5th, Who ya go thread:
I've got the Spurs in 6. Duncan will turn Bosh into a puddle quickly. Even so I think the series might come down to Wade being healthy and able to put up multiple 20-ish PPG efforts. I think no.
Format is 2-3-2
Game 1 - Spurs
Game 2 - Heat
Game 3 - Spurs
Game 4 - Heat
Game 5 - Spurs
Game 6 - Spurs

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/ot-spurs-heat-who-you-got.39911/#post-614741

If I were re-picking now, I think the Heat will win game 6 and probably game 7. One of the two games will be epic and another will follow the pattern of the finals, close but Heat blow it open in late 3rd. I hope I'm wrong, or that 12 days ago me was right.

Still weird to like the Spurs more as a team but root for the Heat because of Ray. Thanks to Manu for that throwback performance last night, he is a joy to watch.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I'm 100% Spurs, and have found myself really liking that team more and more. I root for Ray to have good individual performances, but the rest of that team is full of highly unlikable players.

And as much as I hated SDSU fans, Kawai Leonard is a joy to watch and I did not think he'd have this big an impact in the NBA. Cornrows aside, makes you wonder how good Stanley could have been without some of his issues.

Great series, great basketball ... loving the NBA again.

Reaction Score
Nice prediction, hope it holds up.

Loved seeing Ray have a good game, rooting for Spurs, but Ray getting a second ring is a nice silver lining. Lots of likable players on the Spurs.

Reaction Score
There is no better basketball available to the public than what's being showcased in this series. These teams are insanely good, and the individual talent is breath-taking and incomprehensable at points. My only gripe is that four of the five games have been decided by mid-way through the fourth quarter, which limits the drama. There is still time for this to morph into an epic series, though; a killer game six and seven would make this one for the ages.

Reaction Score
There is still time for this to morph into an epic series, though; a killer game six and seven would make this one for the ages.

Just Game 6 is enough, kthx.

Has there ever been a sequence of clear-cut, Good vs. Evil NBA Finals like the last 3?

Reaction Score
If you hated Jordan, or the "Bad Boy" Pistons, or Kobe, then yes.

Reaction Score
Love Ray....can't stand Wade and not a huge Lebron fan....have to like and respect Duncan! Go Spurs!!

U

UCONNfan1

Love Ray....can't stand Wade and not a huge Lebron fan....have to like and respect Duncan! Go Spurs!!
Shockingly, I agree with this 100%. What's not to love about Ray? And I used to really dislike Lebron the most, but after seeing and reading about Wade this year, he's the one who I think is an ass. I do have to say Bosch is pretty funny - but the whole trio of them (Big 3) can't lose enough for my taste...

Never used to like Ginoble, but he's grown on me, and I think Duncan is a total class act. Has that guy EVER gotten a technical? Probably, but I still think the guy is great in every way. And how can you not like Parker, and how hard the entire team plays? I'd love to see them win game 6 and put the Heat out of their misery.

Imagine all the questions and explaining the team of destiny would have to come up with... I'm not surprised by the results so far as Indiana really exposed the Heat and showed a team can beat individual greatness (or at least give them a real run for their $$)...

Reaction Score
Shockingly, I agree with this 100%. What's not to love about Ray? And I used to really dislike Lebron the most, but after seeing and reading about Wade this year, he's the one who I think is an ass. I do have to say Bosch is pretty funny - but the whole trio of them (Big 3) can't lose enough for my taste...

Never used to like Ginoble, but he's grown on me, and I think Duncan is a total class act. Has that guy EVER gotten a technical? Probably, but I still think the guy is great in every way. And how can you not like Parker, and how hard the entire team plays? I'd love to see them win game 6 and put the Heat out of their misery.

Imagine all the questions and explaining the team of destiny would have to come up with... I'm not surprised by the results so far as Indiana really exposed the Heat and showed a team can beat individual greatness (or at least give them a real run for their )...

or how much explaining ESPN would have to come up with

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Lebron would have to get new shoes. His new model says 2x champion.

shoes2_original-480x640.jpg

shoes3_original-480x360.jpg

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I agree that Leonard is a very like able player (helps that I have a degree from SDSU).
I have always despised Ginobili and Parker...I have hated the way international rules have allowed blatant traveling ever since 1990 when our ship's crew lost to a local Honduran team when their players were allowed to travel with impunity and regrettably the NBA refs allow the same for some players and those two are the worst IMO. They are both outrageously successful floppers on offensive plays but many other Spurs have been taught to sell the calls on every play... Splitter flops like a fish whenever he is cleanly stripped or blocked. Selling plays to the refs and getting away with everything possible has been a huge part of the Spurs success over the Pop era and no doubt Pop plans it that way. But Diaw has to be the most annoying player. He deliberately fouls on at least half of the possessions and gets away with it all the time. He blatantly fouls Ray on a three but I Diaw is untouchable.
Green plays hard and has given an epic shooting performance. Timmy is playing better than ever in his career and he is on fire tonight...but his constant demonstrative complaints against the officials without ever getting a T are disgusting.
On them other side, I hated the Heat with more venom than any NBA team ...until they got Ray.
Bosh seems more likely to make negative plays than positive...I counting four negative plays against his team during the Spurs run at the end of the 2nd. I have always thought Dwade is a thug.
Two very unlike able teams, but I am rooting for Ray.

Reaction Score

Imagine all the questions and explaining the team of destiny would have to come up with... I'm not surprised by the results so far as Indiana really exposed the Heat and showed a team can beat individual greatness (or at least give them a real run for their )...

"Shocking" to agree with my post UConnfan1? Geez.........lol

Agree on Parker, classy kid and a good gu, heckuva player to boot. Leonard, who was a nice player in our NC run, has turned himself into quite a solid NBA player and has impressed. I guess if the Spurs are going to lose having Ray pull Lebron from the spirals of the toilet bowl was the best scene we can have huh?

huskyharry how can you throw Splitter out there for flopping and not mention the King who is also playing in this series - Battier? I like Splitter, has also turned himself inot a solid NBA player. You really have to relax on the Spurs, DSiaw the most annoying player, Splitter a flopper, Parker and Ginobli for bringing the international rules (they're the only one's who travel in the NBA?:eek:).....geez the Spurs are the one hard working blue collar team of the 2 and you hammer on them? I think for an NBA team, they're very likable...........oh well one more and then finally we don't even have to talk about.......imagine hockey will outlast this!!

Reaction Score
More "blue collar" nonsense. No one in the league works harder than Miami and no one is mentally tougher just based on Miami's ability to respond when up against the wall. Seriously, do you think Miami is successful just because they roll the ball out and show up? Do you think San Antonio is some untalented team? It's just silly to look at it like that. Two talented teams that work hard, that's why they are in the finals.

Reaction Score
More "blue collar" nonsense. No one in the league works harder than Miami and no one is mentally tougher just based on Miami's ability to respond when up against the wall. Seriously, do you think Miami is successful just because they roll the ball out and show up? Do you think San Antonio is some untalented team? It's just silly to look at it like that. Two talented teams that work hard, that's why they are in the finals.

Sorry but you may be one of the few who think so.......heard a NBA/Miami reporter on FAN yesterday saying many people wish the Heat players worked as hard as the Spurs and show up for 48 minutes....but hey what do I know, it's the NBA........I can only hope the Heat lose other than I don't have any skin in this game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom