This Game was on Auriemma! | The Boneyard

This Game was on Auriemma!

Reaction Score
Coach Auriemma's decision to go to a triangle and 2 defense was absolutely brilliant. It was exact;y what we needed to get going on defense and led to a number of easy transition buckets.

great point. I also thought our offense in that third quarter was a little more crisp with movement and having a good passer stationed at the high post. This time with either Aubrey, Meg or Ono. Once they got it they either attacked and kicked out for shots or took a short midrange shot. Unfortunately shots were falling as much as we’d like but the execution of theolays I saw gave us open shots.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
A note to the “experts” - height does not guarantee success. Tennessee’s big lineup had some effect in the first half, but that was it. Speed, position, desire and outright hustle negated all that height.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Anyone know when the last time a Geno team played a junk defense was? I can’t recall it

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Coach Auriemma's decision to go to a triangle and 2 defense was absolutely brilliant. It was exact;y what we needed to get going on defense and led to a number of easy transition buckets.
The Master also gets props for starting 2 frosh in the 2nd half who helped turn the tide of the game in the 3rd qtr.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Watching the crowd, listening to the speaker and the music, watching the game, I have to wonder how any recruit would not want to be part of that Uconn bench.
Were any at the game? Mid week on a school night. TV isn’t quite the same.

Reaction Score
Watching the crowd, listening to the speaker and the music, watching the game, I have to wonder how any recruit would not want to be part of that Uconn bench.

I wasn't at the game but it did sound exceptionally loud for a regular season game against a team not challenging for a national championship

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Funnily enough the great and insightful (inciteful? ) Coach Jumper on the Lady Vols site said before the game that Gino (sic) would never use a diamond and one defense because he would never admit that another player was better than any of his players. That's right, the same Coach Jumper that shamelessly lobbies, pretty much every day, for a UT job he is woefully under qualified for. The same person that thinks because he has coached AAU is the next coming of John Wooden. Perhaps Renna Davis along with Jewel Loyd, Kitija Laksa, and a host of others were just seeing things.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I wasn't at the game but it did sound exceptionally loud for a regular season game against a team not challenging for a national championship
54736460.jpg

Reaction Score
Funnily enough the great and insightful (inciteful? ) Coach Jumper on the Lady Vols site said before the game that Gino (sic) would never use a diamond and one defense because he would never admit that another player was better than any of his players. That's right, the same Coach Jumper that shamelessly lobbies, pretty much every day, for a UT job he is woefully under qualified for. The same person that thinks because he has coached AAU is the next coming of John Wooden. Perhaps Renna Davis along with Jewel Loyd, Kitija Laksa, and a host of other were just seeing things.

Coach (I can be there tomorrow/there's a drill for that) Jumper...I wonder if his bags are packed and ready to go on any given minute. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Were any at the game? Mid week on a school night. TV isn’t quite the same.

I was there and it was loud. TN still draws.

But the loud is not just fan noise but relentless piped in music, announcers for intermission games etc. Too much!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Following the action on Volnation last night, I have to wonder why any recruit would want to play for such an unappreciative (!!!) bunch of fans. If anyone on the Boneyard referred to any of our kids in the terms used over there they would be banished to the outer darkness in an eyeblink, and rightly so.!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Following the action on Volnation last night, I have to wonder why any recruit would want to play for such an unappreciative (!!!) bunch of fans. If anyone on the Boneyard referred to any of our kids in the terms used over there they would be banished to the outer darkness in an eyeblink, and rightly so.!!
I love going over there after a loss. It's a complete train wreck and I can't look away!!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
If you do go over there, remember to wear your hip boots! And also remember that Volnation is "The Summit Lite".

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I love going over there after a loss. It's a complete train wreck and I can't look away!!
I went over and read all 41 pages this afternoon while the contractors were repairing my house. There were some comments that if I had said that about a female soldier, I would have been in front of the Brigade Commander praying that they didn't take a stripe away, and that was in 1990's.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The Outer Darkness on the Boneyard is called the chat room

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I am biting my figurative tongue to keep from citing some of the "compliments" they were paying their kids. Mostly in the second half, needless to say.

Reaction Score
Funnily enough the great and insightful (inciteful? ) Coach Jumper on the Lady Vols site said before the game that Gino (sic) would never use a diamond and one defense because he would never admit that another player was better than any of his players. That's right, the same Coach Jumper that shamelessly lobbies, pretty much every day, for a UT job he is woefully under qualified for. The same person that thinks because he has coached AAU is the next coming of John Wooden. Perhaps Renna Davis along with Jewel Loyd, Kitija Laksa, and a host of others were just seeing things.
He couldn't even coach Michael Jordans teammates in Space Jam LOL!!!

Reaction Score
And when Mir comes in next year, as I've stated before, I can envision a 2-2-1 full court zone press on the horizon .. with Mir & Aubrey at the top & Liv protecting the basket .. it will be devastating ... FUN!
Lots of choices as to whom will play the back end .. if it's Aaliyah, our rebounding with those four will be sick!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom