This feels like the end of a dynasty...like the Patriots | Page 3 | The Boneyard

This feels like the end of a dynasty...like the Patriots

Reaction Score
This is all BS. With the recruits in the pipeline for the next two years and the current players, one of whom will become eligible next year, this teams potential will be formidable and they will compete with any top 5 team in the US.

Reaction Score
UConn & Patriots teams - feels like their 20+ year dynasties are coming to an end. Teams are no longer afraid of them. Teams are catching up in terms of coaching and talent development. I know we're supposed to have a good recruiting class coming in next year, but we all know that is a crapshoot. This team is far behind in terms of physical players with size. That doesnt get fixed in a year. Look at South Carolina. That team is stacked with young, gifted physical players, including Boston who is a generational talent. The days of dominance are over I'm afraid....

Not sure if you're serious. Hopefully not. But in any event, barring injuries or decommitments, UConn will likely be favored to win the national championship in each of the next four years. Your analysis for some reason ignores the talent UConn is adding between the incoming recruits plus Westbrook. That is the level of talent they are accumulating. Can't say the same about New England.

Reaction Score
What we are seeing this season is several of the top teams losing to unranked opponents. With that level of volatility in performance, I don't see how many are ruling out the possibility of UCONN winning it all. I'd wager we have a decent shot - even this year. What makes inconsistency delightful is that there are days when the team is exceptional ... just needs to happen in the important games..

Reaction Score
UConn & Patriots teams - feels like their 20+ year dynasties are coming to an end. Teams are no longer afraid of them. Teams are catching up in terms of coaching and talent development. I know we're supposed to have a good recruiting class coming in next year, but we all know that is a crapshoot. This team is far behind in terms of physical players with size. That doesnt get fixed in a year. Look at South Carolina. That team is stacked with young, gifted physical players, including Boston who is a generational talent. The days of dominance are over I'm afraid....
Was you complaining when we didn’t win NCs from 2005 to 2008??? Some of you fans expect UConn to do what Breanna Stewart class did. The dynasty will always be forever for changing the game of woman basketball, making coaches and teams better, inspiring young girls to want to play basketball and go to a school like UConn. Players actually work their a** off just to get a UConn offer. It’s way more talented players since I first started watching WBB. But about the SC comment UConn don’t have to be physical. They have to play the UConn way. Defense knocking down 3 pointers sharing the basketball and not letting up on big leads. We’ve had good teams by 20-30 points and let teams back in the game. SC also lost a game and next year uconn will be stacked with young gifted players 5 of them with 5 returning.
The difference between UConn and other teams is that we have a chance to win it every year.

Reaction Score

We were not sure what to expect this year from this team after losing KLS and NC, but I am pleasantly surprised in what they have shown so far. We didn't expect Megan to step up like she has and Chrystyn has improved dramatically over last year. to say that the dynasty seems over is very short sighted considering the great recruits plus Westbrook coming next year and the 2 following years already. We had a good look at what we have to correct with the Baylor game, but call me an eternal optomist because I think by March we will be pleasantly surprised. i am not going to be down and out in January.

Reaction Score
It is the let down when you and everyone else thought Uconn might beat Baylor. That too shall pass.
During his 30 plus years Geno has had great years and some not so great. Dynasty? Geno in the past has spoken often of how RECRUITS and good RECRUITING classes can make a coach look. He knows he's as good as the recruits he get. Actually he is better than most because he can pull a rabbit out of his coat more often than they. Then too, he has a much better coaching staff.
ONLY HISTORY shall determine when or if the GENO UCONN DYNASTY is waning or gone.
I agree that from year to year we hear of the super great kids coming in only to find out some here and there are flops--misses--not as good as advertised. High School players sometimes don't become top College players. The odds are with Geno on this: most of his recruits are better than others.
To think Uconn will win every game against very good coaches with very good players isn't the reality of life. The game is played not phoned in.

Reaction Score
Something tells me you didnt react well to Y2K. Just a hunch. #OverreactorsGonnaOverreact
No, I didn't react well to Y2K. All those idiots that believed planes would fall out of skys. And the buggers who wanted to charge 300 dollars per line of 300,000 lines of code to find the clocks that would be bad on 1 second after midnight 2000. That was the scam of the century.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom