This defense is horrible | Page 3 | The Boneyard

This defense is horrible

Reaction Score
I’m not sure that’s a good analogy...
The Marshall University football team only won two games during the 1971 season, against Xavier and Bowling Green. Jack Lengyel led the Thundering Herd to a 9–33 record during his tenure, which ended after the 1974 season.
3-10 is sure on its way to 9-33. An "0"ffer season is on the table with the Rhode Island game a toss up. Last year's 3-9 team had 3 wins and 2 losses by 7 or less. Could have been 0-12. This is a poorly coached team.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
And he was Randy’s hand picked guy.

Yes, at what point will the Edsall honeymoon be over? Cute little social media messages notwithstanding, for two seasons he has recruited, dare I say it, worse than Pasqualoni? Admittedly Pasqualoni still had the old Big East, which was an advantage, but since then we've endured five or six awful classes, creating a talent gap which seems to keep growing exponentially and feeding off itself.

IDK, maybe we're looking at a ceiling of .500 football seasons at best and bowl appearences in various irrelevant ESPN-owned made-for-TV events. I do think that every day Crocker remains adds another day to the time when we return to some level of respectability. He's obviously not cut out to coach at this level with the paltry talent level of the recruits he has brought in. If .500 records and Gasparillian bowls are the best Edsall can do, it's not going to be good enough.

Edsall probably deserves at least one more season to see if there's any glimmer of hope, but if he can't show signs of turning things around, our new president will have to face a tough choice...get somebody in here who can recruit and coach, in that order. We no longer have the luxury of waiting another five years for positive results if we still have P5 aspirations.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure that’s a good analogy...
The Marshall University football team only won two games during the 1971 season, against Xavier and Bowling Green. Jack Lengyel led the Thundering Herd to a 9–33 record during his tenure, which ended after the 1974 season.
I think you’re missing the sarcasm. This team has as much depth as a that Marshall team. It speaks to Diaco’s recruiting or lack there of.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that's what this team needs is yet another coordinator change. You wonder why there is no consistency look no further than the constant staff changes that have been non stop since the last time this team had a winning(7-5 or better) season. One of these days we all have to realize that it's the inability to recruit enough competitive D-1 talent that is the core problem. Until that is solved no coaching staff will be successful in Storrs.
Under that logic, then Lashlee and Grimes ( the best coaches we had) would have been saved instead of being pushed out the door.

C

Chief00

Yes, at what point will the Edsall honeymoon be over? Cute little social media messages notwithstanding, for two seasons he has recruited, dare I say it, worse than Pasqualoni? Admittedly Pasqualoni still had the old Big East, which was an advantage, but since then we've endured five or six awful classes, creating a talent gap which seems to keep growing exponentially and feeding off itself.

IDK, maybe we're looking at a ceiling of .500 football seasons at best and bowl appearences in various irrelevant ESPN-owned made-for-TV events. I do think that every day Crocker remains adds another day to the time when we return to some level of respectability. He's obviously not cut out to coach at this level with the paltry talent level of the recruits he has brought in. If .500 records and Gasparillian bowls are the best Edsall can do, it's not going to be good enough.

Edsall probably deserves at least one more season to see if there's any glimmer of hope, but if he can't show signs of turning things around, our new president will have to face a tough choice...get somebody in here who can recruit and coach, in that order. We no longer have the luxury of waiting another five years for positive results if we still have P5 aspirations.

Quite frankly, lots to agree with. Coach P is having reinssaince of sorts. He did have a recruiting relationship network with HS coaches throughout the Northeast which Randy lacks.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

At first, I expected to see zeros across the board because there were no tackles made.

That said, tis a bit interesting to see who did get tackles yesterday regardless of the outcome

some new names:
Krannich - the walk on CR
Robinson - true freshman safety from Hartford
Lucien - true freshman corner from Choate
Turner - true freshman safety
Gardner - redshirt freshman LB

And some names that played a lot of snaps with little to show for it:
Travis Jones - only 1 tackle
Uguak - only a pass defended
Beavers - just 2 tackles
Swenson - just 1 tackle

UConn vs. Boise State - Box Score - September 8, 2018 - ESPN

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This is not a FBS level defense whatsoever. Scheme and/or personnel need a change ASAP.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I’m on the Skip Holtz bandwagon.

Yes, bring back Skippy! At least his teams play an exciting and entertaining game of football. Where's CaliChic? Skip is her guy.

Reaction Score
At first, I expected to see zeros across the board because there were no tackles made.

That said, tis a bit interesting to see who did get tackles yesterday regardless of the outcome

some new names:
Krannich - the walk on CR
Robinson - true freshman safety from Hartford
Lucien - true freshman corner from Choate
Turner - true freshman safety
Gardner - redshirt freshman LB

And some names that played a lot of snaps with little to show for it:
Travis Jones - only 1 tackle
Uguak - only a pass defended
Beavers - just 2 tackles
Swenson - just 1 tackle

UConn vs. Boise State - Box Score - September 8, 2018 - ESPN
The Disappearance of Beavers for the first two games is the most surprising fact to me so far.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I think you’re missing the sarcasm. This team has as much depth as a that Marshall team. It speaks to Diaco’s recruiting or lack there of.
My bad....now that I reread your post, I see what you were going for.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom