This defense is horrible | Page 2 | The Boneyard

This defense is horrible

Reaction Score
Do you think that when Crocker is writing the defensive goals on the board prior to the game the players just burst out laughing...”HahahaHa you think we should do WHAT?, yeah ok Billy, whatever!”

Why would they? It's a reflection on their incompetence - they're the ones who can't make a tackle. The last Boise TD was an embarrassment. I'm pretty sure Crocker doesn't need to tell them that when you have the ball carrier wrapped up at the 10 they shouldn't make it into the endzone. Those types of things are self explanatory.

Reaction Score
I love when Boise can literally do anything they want and Pal and others are like... BLITZ MORE or 4-3! or aggressive.

Blitzing means they score faster.
they're so stupid

Reaction Score
Pal is so stupid he’d watch a chess match where white started with no bishops or rooks and gripe white sat back and played defense.
and he probably knows more about chess than he does about football

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
and he probably knows more about chess than he does about football

And I thought I could mock him... but then he suggested Jack Cochran could coach UConn... and he’d hire him tomorrow.

Cruel to mock someone that stupid.

Reaction Score
The defensive line consists of four freshmen, three of them true freshmen. Have you ever seen that before by any college team? The secondary is mostly freshmen. What the heck were y’all expecting? Stop overreacting and give them some time. Also, remember that we’ve played two really good teams so far. Hopefully we’ll see some better play toward the end of the season. Then we need to start seeing some results next season. That’s a more realistic timeline.
Last year was a disaster too with experience on D. That dog don’t hunt. We have a complete bum for a DC and he needs to be gone.

Reaction Score
I watched a lot of football today and many teams are scheming pass rushes by sending two rushers through the same gap, often this is done with only 4 rushers so its not even a blitz. These simple overloads are rampant throughout the sport. For some reason we never do this.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Last year was a disaster too with experience on D. That dog don’t hunt. We have a complete bum for a DC and he needs to be gone.
Yeah, that's what this team needs is yet another coordinator change. You wonder why there is no consistency look no further than the constant staff changes that have been non stop since the last time this team had a winning(7-5 or better) season. One of these days we all have to realize that it's the inability to recruit enough competitive D-1 talent that is the core problem. Until that is solved no coaching staff will be successful in Storrs.

Reaction Score
My wife and I were only UCONN fans that I could see in visitors section 11. I was truly embarrassed not because we got blown out but because we jumped offsides on offense I believe five times, almost all on first play of offense. On the bright side, our punter was phenomenal.

Reaction Score
The defensive line consists of four freshmen, three of them true freshmen. Have you ever seen that before by any college team? The secondary is mostly freshmen. What the heck were y’all expecting? Stop overreacting and give them some time. Also, remember that we’ve played two really good teams so far. Hopefully we’ll see some better play toward the end of the season. Then we need to start seeing some results next season. That’s a more realistic timeline.
I saw the movie “We Are Marshall”, so yes it’s happened before. I guess you can equate the Diaco years as a plane crash type of tragedy.

Reaction Score
I don’t love Crocker but this game had disaster written all over it. Tough opponent+ long road trip +young team =!disaster in almost every sport.

C

Chief00

Yeah, that's what this team needs is yet another coordinator change. You wonder why there is no consistency look no further than the constant staff changes that have been non stop since the last time this team had a winning(7-5 or better) season. One of these days we all have to realize that it's the inability to recruit enough competitive D-1 talent that is the core problem. Until that is solved no coaching staff will be successful in Storrs.

You act like the coaching staff isn’t responsible for recruiting? True, recruiting would be a leading indicator with some time lag to achieve game winning results but any objective measure of recruiting success in two years gets a failing grade.

Reaction Score
Only watched the first half (casual fan). While I agree the defense could be likened to a piece of swiss cheese, the offense was equally pathetic, failing to get the ball past its own 40 yard line the entire half. Can't blame the OL penalties and zero first half points on Crocker - or can we?

Reaction Score
There is not an unlimited supply of D1 talent coming out of HS. There are a lot of D1 schools, and the top talent is going to go to the perenial powers. This is a BIG mountain to climb, not like BB where you are after 3 or 4 guys. I don’t have a lot of hope for the future. Maybe Uconn can become respectable, but that’s about as far as it’s going.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
My wife and I were only UCONN fans that I could see in visitors section 11. I was truly embarrassed not because we got blown out but because we jumped offsides on offense I believe five times, almost all on first play of offense. On the bright side, our punter was phenomenal.
I'm thinking Peart either has a mild seizure disorder or early Parkinson's. Michael J. Fox makes fewer movements when he tries to keep still.

Reaction Score
There is not an unlimited supply of D1 talent coming out of HS.

Next week will be a day of reckoning for the entire coaching staff because talent deficit will not be a viable excuse. If URI puts up an easy 40 we'll know where the problem lies. This may be one of the most important games in program history.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I saw the movie “We Are Marshall”, so yes it’s happened before. I guess you can equate the Diaco years as a plane crash type of tragedy.
I’m not sure that’s a good analogy...
The Marshall University football team only won two games during the 1971 season, against Xavier and Bowling Green. Jack Lengyel led the Thundering Herd to a 9–33 record during his tenure, which ended after the 1974 season.

Reaction Score
Next week will be a day of reckoning for the entire coaching staff because talent deficit will not be a viable excuse. If URI puts up an easy 40 we'll know where the problem lies. This may be one of the most important games in program history.
I agree it’s going to be an important game as far as what we are discussing here, and Rhode Island is not all that bad either. We could concievably lose. But it is mostly freshman, who have played their first two games out of HS against top 25 teams. I have to wonder if any coach could have done any better at this stage. Maybe, I don’t know. Makes me wonder why they have done away with freshman teams. Seems to me it would be a better way than redshirting all the freshmen, or having to toss them into the fire like this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom