This Brian Cashman Guy Might Know What He's Doing | The Boneyard

This Brian Cashman Guy Might Know What He's Doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Once again, Brian Cashman makes all the right moves. Ibanez/Jones platoon has been superb, sticking with Hughes and letting him pitch his way into being a reliable SP has worked out, the Yankees are the CLEAR winners of the Kennedy/Granderson/Jackson trade by any measurement, he's once again built the best bullpen in baseball (with Aardsma/Robertson/Joba joining it in short order) using spare parts, without the G.O.A.T., and he ignored cries from many (including myself) to "sell high" on Ivan Nova when he couldn't miss bats.

For duck's sake, he's even got positive WAR out of Chris Stewart. CHRIS STEWART!!! Honestly, that's just rubbing it in the faces of the other GM's. Stop it, Brian. It's unbecoming.

Yes, he has tremendous financial resources. But I wonder if all those Red Sox fans who think money makes his job easy feel the same way after seeing that theory once again laid to rest via their own previous offseason spending binge.

Reaction Score
Exactly zls44.......Ben C has some growing up to do in order to help guys like The Vik put away the tissues. I was saying to my brother during the game on Fathers Day how great it is to have a bench with Chavez, Jones, Stewart for a full year and all seem to be having so much fun even when not playing.

And when you have injuries, God forbid, or someone is sick you stillhave a formidable lineup and your fans won't cry about who you're throwing out there!!

Reaction Score
Once again, Brian Cashman makes all the right moves. Ibanez/Jones platoon has been superb, sticking with Hughes and letting him pitch his way into being a reliable SP has worked out, the Yankees are the CLEAR winners of the Kennedy/Granderson/Jackson trade by any measurement, he's once again built the best bullpen in baseball (with Aardsma/Robertson/Joba joining it in short order) using spare parts, without the G.O.A.T., and he ignored cries from many (including myself) to "sell high" on Ivan Nova when he couldn't miss bats.

For duck's sake, he's even got positive WAR out of Chris Stewart. CHRIS STEWART!!! Honestly, that's just rubbing it in the faces of the other GM's. Stop it, Brian. It's unbecoming.

Yes, he has tremendous financial resources. But I wonder if all those Red Sox fans who think money makes his job easy feel the same way after seeing that theory once again laid to rest via their own previous offseason spending binge.

I know a ten game winning streak has you giddy but lets not get carried away.

Baltimore has the best pen in baseball.

Just for the hell of it....
25 year old Austin Jackson .323/.415/.551
31 year old Curtis granderson .254/.351/.538

Ian Kennedy is off to a slow start but still has better numbers then Nova or Hughes.

I tip my cap to the Yanks they are playing great ball right now. I'm not gonna play the Sox fan card but I will say this, when TB gets its best player back they will be right on the Yanks heels.

zls44

Reaction Score
-Baltimore will not keep this up. While we're at it, neither will the Dodgers.
-Listing Austin Jackson's numbers without strikeouts is like listing things you like about Kate Upton without discussing her breasts. You can do it, but you're leaving out the most important discussion point(s).
-Believe me, I know Tampa is setting everyone up for a "shocking" run where they win 28 out of 30. I know it's coming. It always happens with those guys.
-What's the deal with this Longoria setback?

zls44

Reaction Score
God forbid, or someone is sick you stillhave a formidable lineup and your fans won't cry about who you're throwing out there!!

What should worry Sox fans isn't them passing on big-ticket free agents last winter. What should worry them is the Sox passing on the small-deal guys the Yankees and other teams went after who would clearly have helped their team.

Would Kuroda be the Red Sox' 1 or 2? I think that's the question. 1 year $10 million was a bridge too far? They really needed to trade away Reddick for a closer? Who the hell trades for a closer in the Winter?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I know a ten game winning streak has you giddy but lets not get carried away.

Baltimore has the best pen in baseball.

Just for the hell of it....
25 year old Austin Jackson .323/.415/.551
31 year old Curtis granderson .254/.351/.538

Ian Kennedy is off to a slow start but still has better numbers then Nova or Hughes.

I tip my cap to the Yanks they are playing great ball right now. I'm not gonna play the Sox fan card but I will say this, when TB gets its best player back they will be right on the Yanks heels.

While Jackson has had a very good season, he has played in 22 less games. Granderson has played every game this season. Durability does count. And I know that ZLS brought up the K's for Jackson. But to be fair, Granderson is on pace for 187 this season. What has been ignored is the HR's. Grandy has 21! He is amazing and I wouldn't trade Jackson back for him, and either would the Yanks.

And while Kennedy's overall stats are better, who has been trending better? Both Nova and Hughes. And both are 2 years younger than Kennedy. Just a reminder that his AL era in interleague ball is north of 6. Slow start? No, good start, weak May, better June.

Seriously, how much is your best player going to help that .700 team OPS?

Reaction Score
Who knows when Longo will come back now that he has had a setback. They were 15-8 with him and 23-22 since. The infield defense has been dreadfull without him. I have no idea how the lousy OPS will do with Longo back, I do know when ever Tampa has made the playoffs its because he put the team on his back (17 homers, 46 rbis Aug-Sept last year)

If the Yanks had Kennedy 's 21-4, 2.88 ERA, 1.09 WHIP, 198 k's they may win the WS last year. Granderson plays a solid center field but Jackson's defensive numbers say he is the best in the AL. Granderson is a great fit for the Yanks but the two cost controlled guys thay gave up are both impressive players.

My observation about what makes the Yanks offense so good is they make the starter throw so many pitches early. By the 5th-6th its common to see 100 plus pitches, then when the starter leaves the Yanks kill the middle relievers. Its a winning formula.

Oh and Kate Upton also has great legs.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Who knows when Longo will come back now that he has had a setback. They were 15-8 with him and 23-22 since. The infield defense has been dreadfull without him. I have no idea how the lousy OPS will do with Longo back, I do know when ever Tampa has made the playoffs its because he put the team on his back (17 homers, 46 rbis Aug-Sept last year)

If the Yanks had Kennedy 's 21-4, 2.88 ERA, 1.09 WHIP, 198 k's they may win the WS last year. Granderson plays a solid center field but Jackson's defensive numbers say he is the best in the AL. Granderson is a great fit for the Yanks but the two cost controlled guys thay gave up are both impressive players.

My observation about what makes the Yanks offense so good is they make the starter throw so many pitches early. By the 5th-6th its common to see 100 plus pitches, then when the starter leaves the Yanks kill the middle relievers. Its a winning formula.

Oh and Kate Upton also has great legs.

And last year against American League teams, he still stunk. There is no way his stats would have been close to that with the Yanks. He seemed to have a problem with pitching in NY.

Reaction Score
And last year against American League teams, he still stunk. There is no way his stats would have been close to that with the Yanks. He seemed to have a problem with pitching in NY.

Of course he couldn't handle NY as a rookie pitcher on a short leash. You sound like a Boston fan now.

Reaction Score
Of course he couldn't handle NY as a rookie pitcher on a short leash. You sound like a Boston fan now.

Come on Sink. Even you have to admit, besides Coors field, he pitches in a pitchers dream division. San Diego, San Fran and LA are where he pitches most of his road games.

Reaction Score
And will you admit Granderson's Homer numbers are inflated playing in the band boxes of the AL east?

Reaction Score
And will you admit Granderson's Homer numbers are inflated playing in the band boxes of the AL east?

100 % it helps him, especially his home park where his swing is perfect. He was a very good player in Detroit however, which is not a hitters park.

zls44

Reaction Score
Part of why they traded for Granderson was the move to the short porch. It was explicitly part of the deal. I don't see why that's a demerit.

Detroit took back a more gap-oriented hitter who is also faster, because they are playing their home games at Comerica Park. Don't you think playing in a park where it's 790 to center inflates Jackon's 2B/3B numbers? Works both ways.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

Are you seriously trying to say that there aren't player that can't handle NY? There are many examples.

And besides the mental aspect, his stuff doesn't translate to the tougher American League.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Maybe he should put pine tar on his glove. Nice that you root for cheaters, Sink.

Reaction Score
Maybe he should put pine tar on his glove. Nice that you root for cheaters, Sink.

A Yankee fan lecturing about cheating is cute. How quickly you forget.

Do you mean the tougher AL that has lost 3-4 last WS?

He made 12 starts as a 22-23 year old and thats enough to know that he"can't handle NY". The elitist NY BS
has worn me out i'm off Kennedy.

Reaction Score
If the Yanks had Kennedy 's 21-4, 2.88 ERA, 1.09 WHIP, 198 k's they may win the WS last year.
Give me a break. Ian Kennedy, for all his solid regular season starts, wilted in the playoffs. I'm sorry, move him back to the AL and he absolutely does not, on this planet, lead the Yankees to the WS. That logic is ridiculous and that's being generous so as not to be offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom